Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You might be a North Dakotan if....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

You might be a North Dakotan if.... Empty
PostSubject: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:59 am

idk who but someone wrote this..... i added the commentary in GREEN i have a few questions put in there.... see if you can answer them

...You know how to polka, but never tried it sober.... DEPENDS WHO YOU ARE..... I'M MAINLY NORWEIGAN FROM A NORWEIGAN AREA SO THIS WILL CHANGE FROM PLACE TO PLACE

...You know what knee-high by the Fourth of July means. TRUE, any of you know? a clue is botany

...You know it is traditional for the bride and groom to go bar hopping between the reception and wedding dance. NOT THE ONES I'VE BEEN TO

...You know the difference between "Green" and "Red" farm machinery, and would fight with your friends on the playground over which was better! YES..... GO GREEN!!!!! BOO RED!!!

...You buy Christmas presents at Fleet Farm. ummmmm moreso farm people, but on occasion.......

...You spent more on beer & liquor than you did on food at your wedding. as far as i know....false... boy this makes us sound like a bunch of drunkards..... in most cases I don't think so

... You hear someone use the word "oof-dah" and you don't break into uncontrollable laughter. TRUE TRUE TRUE!!!! Can anyone use the word uffda (previously misspelled to the way it's pronounced) correctly in a paragraph/sentance?

...You or someone you know was a "Dairy Princess" at the county fair. lol ummm honestly no but I'm sure if I looked I probably could find someone that I didn't realize that they won something on that order

... You know that "combine" is a noun. and a verb

...You let your older siblings talk you into putting your tounge on a steel post in the middle of winter. lol if I had older siblings

...You think Lutheran and Catholic are THE major religions. no they are the only religions Very Happy

...You know that "creek" rhymes with "pick". yup, how else do you say it?

...Football schedules, hunting season and harvest are all taken into consideration before wedding dates are set. lol in a lot of cases if you minus football schedules

...A Friday night date is getting a six-pack and taking your girlfriend shining for deer. not all that often does that happen, but I'm sure it happens

... Saturday you go to your local bowling alley. huh? where's this one come from? most towns don't have one

...There was at least one kid in your class who had to help milk cows in the morning... phew! well not help milk the cows but he does work with them...... and you know when he hasn't cleaned his shoes...... he's usually pretty good at remembering

... You have driven your car on the lake. sorry we don't ice fish, but we could have this year

..You can make sense of "upnort" and "batree". i can, can you?

... Every wedding dance you have ever been to has the hokey pokey and the chicken dance. ummm hokey pokey no chicken dance yes...... write in macarana instead

... Your definition of a small town is one that only has one bar. yup- anyone know what you call a town with no bars?

...The local gas station sells live bait. ummm of course, don't they all?

...At least twice a year some part of your home doubles as a meat processing plant. well we a very rare family..... we don't hunt, but we do fish..... so that makes it ok, but a high percentage of NDs that would be true

...You think that the start of deer season is a national holiday. ya we always get it off for school..... if not national, atleast state and should be national

...Pop is the only name for soda. yup, don't say soda or coke.... you'll sound foriegn

...your boyfriend takes you 4wheeling and star-gazing as a date (not that thats bad). i haven't, but I'm sure it happens

....if you get out of school for the high school hockey finals and the start of deer hunting season. hockey finals no..... nobody has hockey or cares about hockey; deer hunting- always; instead they should have state boys basketball

....if you get made fun of for you pronunciation of the words "flag", "bag", and "about" from outtatowners. outtatowners? ya like theres that many in my dumb town and as far as i know we all say it normal around here..... we don't say aboot Rolling Eyes

....if you keep a shovel handy in July (we really do). ummm it's easy to get at in the garage yes

....if you wear a tshirt in 45 degree weather. i did today.... broke out in a sweat too, i'm serious

...if your idea of winter survival kit inlcludes a bottle of jack daniels ummm as i've said b4 we're not as big of drinkers as this wants you to think

...If you are unaware there is a legal drinknig age altho underage drinking is VERY high i believe in our state

...off-road is another word for shortcut. yup

...after big snowstorms you go around pulling out of staters out of their driveways for fun. lol not always outta staters either

...you sit down and discuss with your mechanic how much fixing your truck will cost at a local bar. see previous drinking ones

...you ever went into a bar as a kid and didn't get any strange looks. umm no the only time i went in was after hours when my dad was the janitor working

...u r a true north dakotan if its blizzarding and 2 feet of snow on the ground u only have an hour off of school yup 2 hours if your lucky

one that they didn't have that I think should be added

at your local bar you have a hitching post...................................................... and it is being used

It's very common to see to vehicles stopped in the middle of the road parked with people talking to each other. To really show your a North Dakotan you drive around to not disturb them
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Dog

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:43 pm

some more i found

"...you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in North Dakota. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

... If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights each year because Devils Lake is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in North Dakota. yup yup

... If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March, you might live in North Dakota. yup yup

... If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of the year, you might live in North Dakota. nu uh..... we get used to it after a couple of weeks

... If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you might live in North Dakota. lol yup

... If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, you might live in North Dakota. or if everyones suntan line curves around 1/3 the way down your arm

... If you have worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you might live in North Dakota. never..... one or the other.... but I have worn shorts when others would wear a parka

... If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live in North Dakota. lol not quite

... If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in North Dakota. my mom has

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE North Dakotan WHEN
1. "Vacation" means going east or west on I-94 for the weekend. no we usually don't take interstate.... all our family is N, or east or a combination of the both with the exception of Bis

2. You measure distance in hours. yup yup- could't tell ya how many miles to Fargo but let's see its about 4 1/2 hours away

3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once. of course.... i haven't hit one yet, but of course I've only been driving for about 2 1/2 years now

4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again. naaa on borderline days like that I just open the window, but Thursday coulda been one of those days

5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching. ya? can't everyone?

6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings). yup all the time

7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked. lol we did on the trailer house but we haven't put the lights on the house

8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them. if I had a g/f probably

9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit. lol we have

10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow. ya and it's the worst in the spring..... the roads really take a beating then and from the winter when the snowplow comes over and makes those potholes you don't know where they are at yet

11. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction. pretty much.... really our family has narrowed it down to a few different versions of the 2 seasons....... good construction and bad construction- good fishing and bad fishing- and finally hunting and nonhunting season

12. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce. you have a problem with that?

13. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age. see previous post for my comment

14. Down South to you means Nebraska. no south dakota or Bismarck

15. A brat is something you eat. 1st time i saw this I had to think what else it is

16. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole shed. well not quite

17. You go out to a tail gate party every Friday. no, atleast in this town it doesn't happen all that often..... of course our football team is horrible so like it matters

18. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost. lol no I haven't had that happen yet.... but my mom said that her dad said (my g-pa) that he saw snow in every month but August

19. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car. this winter? yes

20. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly." no -15 or -10 is a little chilly

-Jeff Foxworthy
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:56 pm

toooo funny!!!! Laughing

knee-high by the Fourth of July means .... CORN should be that height

"oof-dah" ... My Mother-In-law is NORWEIGAN so I'm very familiar with that. Smile

"creek" rhymes with "peek" Wink

"upnort" and "batree" I'm clueless affraid

hokey pokey and the chicken dance and macarana ... You haven't lived until you do the chicken dance Laughing

Pop is the only name for soda .... cheers
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:08 am

DeeDee wrote:
toooo funny!!!! Laughing

knee-high by the Fourth of July means .... CORN should be that height

"oof-dah" ... My Mother-In-law is NORWEIGAN so I'm very familiar with that. Smile

"creek" rhymes with "peek" Wink

"upnort" and "batree" I'm clueless affraid

hokey pokey and the chicken dance and macarana ... You haven't lived until you do the chicken dance Laughing

Pop is the only name for soda .... cheers

ding ding ding we have a winner that's what knee-high means

i'm very norweigan and from the norweigan part.............................................. GIVE ME MY LUTIFISK!!! lol

it's creek and pick Very Happy

leave it for others see if they can get upnort and batree
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 10:16 pm

no "upnort" or "batree" guesses?

or do you know what a town is called when it has no bar?

do you guys know what a brat is that you eat?
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:56 pm

I'm clueless Laughing

do you know what a town is called when it has no bar? We just say that the town is "Dry" Laughing
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:43 pm

no "upnort" or "batree" guesses? No idea

do you guys know what a brat is that you eat? a hot dog?
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 1:07 am

a "brat" is BRATWURST
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 11:23 pm

on the lines of a hot dog, but not exactly... bratwurst yes...

upnort- "up north"

batree-"battery"

no bar town... is just a farm house and/or family..... it's not a town Razz geek
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:40 pm

something else I came up with is you may live in a small town (which is 90% of ND- or 100% to you guys) if the top 5 structures in your town are
1.the primary grain elevator
2. the secondary grain elevator
3. water tower
4. silo
5. the church when you count the top of the cross that is on top of the steeple lol

or when you live in a windy small town is when 1-5 are wind turbines lol...... that would be us
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 12:22 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:10 am

another one I thought of

You might be a North Dakotan if you fall over when the wind is less than 5 miles per hour
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:41 am

wow ..... only 5 MPH winds will knock ya over huh Razz
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 5:21 pm

no- if the wind drops down to 5mph we will fall over because we are overcorrecting for the wind
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 1:04 am

I see Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:54 am

Here's another one- You might be a North Dakotan if you have Friday off from school. (first day of deer season)
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:39 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:27 am

If you use the plugin on your vehicle for 3-5 months every year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You might be a North Dakotan if....   You might be a North Dakotan if.... Empty

Back to top Go down

You might be a North Dakotan if....
Page 1 of 1