Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars Empty
PostSubject: Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars   Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:48 am

Quote :
Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars 372311172

18 August 2009 http://www.marcosambrose.com
JELD-WEN RACE PREVIEW - Sharpie 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway

- Ambrose tests Grand-Am Sportscar in Virginia

- Bristol return a welcome challenge for Ambrose

- New ‘Adventures of Marcos Ambrose’ section on MarcosAmbrose.com features Late Model test

AMBROSE TESTS GRAND-AM SPORTSCAR IN VIRGINIA…

Marcos Ambrose has tested a Grand-Am prototype Sportscar for the first time in his career at Virginia International Raceway in Virginia today.

Along with fellow NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Carl Edwards, Ambrose tested the #77 Dallara of Doran Racing.

Both Ambrose and Edwards set respectable lap times around the North Course at ‘VIR’, reaching competitive times aboard the 500-horsepower machine over the course of the day.

Team Owner Kevin Doran's #77 Daytona Prototype has competed in all nine rounds of the 2009 Grand-Am Rolex Series, with a best finish of fifth at Virginia International Raceway in April, with Memo Gidley and Brad Jaeger at the wheel.

BRISTOL RETURN A WELCOME CHALLENGE FOR AMBROSE …

Marcos Ambrose is looking forward to his second Sprint Cup event at Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, Tennessee this weekend.

In his first Sprint Cup start at ‘Thunder Valley’ in March, Ambrose looked set for a fourth placed finish after one of the strongest runs this season.

Unfortunately for Ambrose, he dropped to 10th place in the late stages as he nursed home his #47 JTG Daugherty Racing entry, which developed engine problems.

The Bristol night race always has a special place in Ambrose’s heart, as it was at this race in 2003 that the Australian visited his first NASCAR event, planting a seed that saw him make the switch to NASCAR in 2006.

NEW ‘ADVENTURES OF MARCOS AMBROSE’ SECTION ON MarcosAmbrose.com FEATURES LATE MODEL TEST…

A new section on the MarcosAmbrose.com website, fittingly named ‘The Adventures of Marcos Ambrose’, features stories from Marcos himself.

The first instalment explains some of the detail and history from Ambrose’s Late Model test at Cherokee Speedway last week and includes a range of images from the day.

Check MarcosAmbrose.com to read all about it.

WHAT MARCOS HAS TO SAY …

On today’s Grand-Am test at VIR …

“That was the first time I have driven one of these cars and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by what a terrific little race car it is,” said Ambrose.

“You can really drive it and it responds to being muscled a bit.

“We had a really enjoyable day and we made some solid progress in a short amount of time.

“Carl was great to work with and I think we both really had a good time together today.

“I have to thank Kevin Doran and his crew for letting us drive his car at VIR today.

“Both Carl and I got down to some pretty respectable times by the end of the day.”

On the Sharpie 500 at Bristol …

“I’ve been looking forward to the Bristol night race all year,” said Ambrose.

“We ran really well at Bristol earlier in the year. We had a great run and ran a lot of laps in the top five and ended up having to nurse the car home with a motor problem.

“We still scored 10th and it was a great result for our team. Bristol is such a tough place, if you can run well there you really feel satisfied.

“We have put Michigan behind us. Bristol is a track that’s very demanding and is pretty intimidating for a driver, but it’s a track I always enjoy going to, ever since I was a spectator at the race there back in 2003.”

Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars MAVIRCarlMA1-med
Marcos Ambrose and Carl Edwards take time out during testing at Virginia International Raceway today

Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars MAVIRGAmcar1-med
Marcos Ambrose drives the #77 Dallara of Doran Racing at VIR

Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars MAVIRCarlMA2-med
Ambrose and fellow Sprint Cup star Carl Edwards compare notes during testing at VIR

Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars MAVIRCarlMA4-med
The Doran Racing crew work on the #77 Dallara Grand-Am prototype at VIR

Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars MAVIRCarlMA3-med
Marcos Ambrose prepares to drive the #77 Doran Racing Dallara at VIR as Carl Edwards looks on

Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars MAVIRGAmcar2-med
Marcos Ambrose drives through the Esses at VIR during his first test of a Grand-Am Prototype

Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars MAVIRGAmcar3-med
The #77 Dallara of Doran Racing in pitlane at VIR
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars   Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:08 am

Quote :
UPDATE: NASCAR stars Carl Edwards and Marcos Ambrose will team up in Montreal for the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series presented by Crown Royal on August 29. Edwards and Ambrose will co-drive the #77 Ford DP car owned by Doran Enterprises, Inc. in the two-hour race. Aflac is the primary sponsor with Subway as a secondary sponsor for Edwards and iRacing.com and Aussie wines as secondary sponsors for Ambrose. The Montreal 200 at Circuit Gille Villeneuve will precede the Nationwide race next week and marks the duo's debut in the series.(Roush Fenway PR)(8-20-2009)

Great!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars   Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:33 pm

That's pretty awesome. I saw them practicing at Barbers track in Birmingham and they are really cool.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars   Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:25 am

Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars 77doranracingMontreal-med
Marcos Ambrose and Carl Edwards will drive the #77 Aflac Dallara of Doran Racing in Round 10 of the Grand-Am Rolex Sportscar Series in Montreal

I can't wait Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars   Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:43 pm

Awesome. Aren't these races on Speed? I'll have to check the times on it.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars   Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:57 pm

Yes, it will be on Speed at 2:00 ET on Saturday... I think that's live.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars   Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:53 am

Quote :
Edwards wrecks in Grand Am race: Carl Edwards' first foray into the Grand-Am Rolex Series ranks ended before it could hardly begin. Edwards was circling Canada's Circuit Gilles Villeneuve road course on the warmup lap for Saturday's Montreal 200 sports-car race when a combination of rain and cold, slick tires caused his No. 77 Doran Racing Dallara to lose grip and slide off the track. The incident ended the day early for Edwards and fellow NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Marcos Ambrose, who had teamed up for the event and qualified eighth.(SceneDaily)(8-29-2009)

Sad I was really looking forward to this race.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars   Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 5:00 am

Got a question "what is the difference between a Ford Dallara and a Ford Riley?" Just became interest in Grand Am racing so I wanted to find out what the difference, might be.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars   Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 1:09 am

Dallara and Riley is just the Chassis Mfr.
Ford Dallara/Ford Riley just indicated the engine that the team uses.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars   Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 5:41 am

DeeDee wrote:
Dallara and Riley is just the Chassis Mfr.
Ford Dallara/Ford Riley just indicated the engine that the team uses.
Thanks I thought it might have something to do with the chassis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars   Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars Empty

Back to top Go down

Ambrose and Edwards Test Grand-Am Sportscars
Page 1 of 1