Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? Empty
PostSubject: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:00 am

Quote :
Benson, Con-way Freight & Busch in 2010? During Sunday night's Speed Report on SPEEDtv, Ray Dunlap reported that word in the garage has it that Johnny Benson has secured the Con-way Freight sponsorship for 2010. Dunlap also said that he's hearing there may be ownership in the team by the name of Kyle Busch.(9-20-2009)
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 am

Great for Johnny!! Kyle owner Shocked
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:56 am

Don't like Kyle, but that's a good gesture by him.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:33 am

Yeah... good gesture. Shocked
I have to think there is more of a motive there. Surprised He's stated that his goal is to get 200 WINS in NASCAR. I have to think that Gibbs is getting a bit peeved with his performance ..... choked last year in the Chase and didn't make it this season. He may be spreading himself out too thin with his "win" greed and not giving 100% to his cup. He's already stated that he's cutting back on NW next year.... thank goodness. If he starts his own/buy into a Truck team Gibbs doesn't have much of a say.... I wouldn't think. ~JMO just a loop hole. Wink
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:30 am

Not everyone can be Carl Edwards and contend in more than one series... Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? Icon_wink

I doubt Gibbs could stop Kyle from doing too much racing in other series, it didn't seem to stop Tony that much when he was there.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 11:39 pm

When these Cup drivers continually run in other series and their cup performance seems to be affected I think the owner has alot to say about it. idk. ~I could be wrong
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:02 am

Joe Gibbs COULD stop Kyle from racing other series if he wanted to. That would be an issue. When the owner speaks (whether it be Coach Gibbs, Rick Hendrick, Jack Roush, etc.), the drivers will listen.

So, if he told him no more, he'd stop. Kyle might not like it, but he'd listen.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:37 am

ya it could mean his job- course not that he would care

this isn't too surprising seeing that I have heard the rumor that Kyle may end up owning BBM and there was a rumor of JB going to take KB's ride in the 51 if JB got well enough for a race a while back
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:43 pm

I'd be more surprised if Kyle didn't end up owning BBM sometime down the road...
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:25 pm

Johnny definitely should be out there. From being champ to not having a ride is just unbelievable. Kyle being the owner..ehhh, but at least Johnny will have a ride.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 11:18 pm

Yeah, Johnny having a ride is the most important thing. Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? Icon_biggrin I'm hoping it will be full-time!
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 2:19 am

roosterrage wrote:
Johnny definitely should be out there. From being champ to not having a ride is just unbelievable. Kyle being the owner..ehhh, but at least Johnny will have a ride.
I agree about Johnny. Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:57 pm

Unfortunately for Johnny, the sponsorship part of this rumor is not true.

ConWay Freight has extended their agreement with Roush Fenway and will sponsor Colin Braun in 18 Nationwide races in 2010.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:41 pm

Sad Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? Icon_sad they couldn't do both
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:00 am

Quote :
Busch's truck team "not looking good," maybe back to Ballew in 2010? During a testing session for the upcoming Snowball Derby [Dec. 2-6] at Five Flags Speedway located in Pensacola, Florida, had a chance to ask Kyle Busch how things were progressing with the truck team he's been trying to put together.
Q: You and your truck team --- how are things progressing on that?
A: It's going nowhere fast. I've got no shop to put my stuff in, my builders can't build a building in three years, got no hauler, no trucks no equipment….so, it's pretty late in the year. Obviously we're already to Homestead; we only have two months before Daytona so it's a short amount of time to put a lot together. I don't think it's going to happen. So if Billy's [Ballew] got an open seat for me over at Ballew, I'd be happy to take it again and hopefully we can get Miccosukee to return. They've been a great partner for us, as well as Toyota.
Q: So it looks like you are going back to Billy Ballew next year?
A: Yeah right now. I'd love to run some truck races. He's got Aric Almirola over there…he's done a great job for them…if he wants to run one deal. If he wants to stay two, I'd take it.
Q: It's been reported that you were talking to Johnny Benson about the new team?
A: We talked to Johnny Benson; we had some conversations with the Con-way people. Unfortunately for us, fortunately for Jack [Roush], they decided to go the Nationwide route. So that deal feel through…there's nothing else that JB's dragged up. He's got championship driver points, where he can make any race he wants too, but for me, I've got no equipment. All I have is my late model stuff here and these things don't translate anything close to what a truck is. None of the suspension parts are the same; nothing. So I'd have to start over, buy all new.
Q: Rumor has it that you are buying Brian Scott's trucks?
A: We've been in discussions with Brian Scott. Nothing has come close to being finalized…the price is way too high. Of course they want to get their money's worth from what they bought, so, for whatever the economy is, for whatever the price of the Truck Series is, I feel it's a bit expensive. You know if I wanted to do it right, I would be sure that I would have the right stuff and the right people built up before I got to Homestead.
Q: You said the new shop's not done yet?
A: Not even close. It started out being 62,000 sq ft and we've added on a couple of different areas for toys and stuff like that because I'm putting my late models in there. We're also going to start building our own late model chassis'. I was going to put my play toys in there - I've got sand cars and four-wheelers some Corvettes some Toyota Tundra's. I've got some nice stuff that I want to keep indoors and that's what I'm building it for and every time we take a step forward it's like we take three or four steps back … the process is not going good. I started this project back in '07 and I'm still nowhere close. It's frustrating. It's been an ongoing process for three years. The building looks great, it's awesome from the outside…. love to be inside of it…we're working as hard and as fast as we can.
Q: So it's not looking good for the truck team?
A: It's not looking good. I'd love to do it and I wish I could do it, but it's not looking good.
(Nancy/Jayski.com)(11-16-2009)
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:25 am

Quote :
Kyle Busch Motorsports -- looks like a go: Hearing that Kyle Busch is working on getting the new team(s) together for 2010 after all and that he's already starting to hire a number of people toward that end. Also heard that he's planning on running a total of three teams.[For past interview and news on this story visit the November Archives Page.(12-2-2009)
~jayski
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:30 am

Wow... 3 teams. I can't stand Kyle, but we definitely need more teams in the truck series, so I commend him for this! Smile
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:48 am

I agree.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:48 am

Quote :
Kyle Busch press conference Friday UPDATE Benson & Exide in the mix? Kyle Busch plans to hold a press conference to announce the newly formed Kyle Busch Motorsports on Friday, December 11, 2009. The press conference will air on SPEEDtv beginning at 2:00pm Eastern. Rick Allen will host.(12-7-2009)
UPDATE: Kyle Busch is expected to announce details of his new Kyle Busch Motorsports team in a Friday press conference, and sources tell Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody that former NASCAR camping World Truck Series champion Johnny Benson will be featured prominently in that announcement. Officials of KBM reportedly met with representatives of Exide Batteries last week about sponsoring one of three planned Toyota Tundras to be fielded by the team.(Sirius Speedway PR)(12-9-2009)

Good, looks like JB has a ride Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?   Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner? Empty

Back to top Go down

Johnny Benson finds sponsor for 2010, KyBusch owner?
Page 1 of 1