Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crew chief changes coming?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Crew chief changes coming? Empty
PostSubject: Crew chief changes coming?   Crew chief changes coming? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:34 am

Quote :
Crew chief changes at Roush? There is supposedly a meeting planned at Roush Fenway Racing featuring General Manager Robbie Reiser and representatives from Ford. Could crew chief changes be in RFR's future? One rumor circulating NHMS Sunday morning had veteran crew chief Jimmy Fennig connecting with former Roush racer Jeff Burton at RCR. Not so, Fennig said. "After 13 years with Jack, my goal is to retire from Roush Racing," Fennig said. "But I'm getting too old to be on the road." Another scenario places Fennig in a research and development role. Fennig says testing suits him just fine.(FoxSports)(9-21-2009)

Right now, I'd be happy if Jack would change something - something's not working, so what can changing it around a little for the rest of the season hurt?
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Crew chief changes coming?   Crew chief changes coming? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:42 am

Definitely can't hurt, I'm sure Matt would like to have Reiser back.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Crew chief changes coming?   Crew chief changes coming? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:05 am

DeeDee wrote:
Definitely can't hurt, I'm sure Matt would like to have Reiser back.
Thats for sure, in fact ME TOO
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Crew chief changes coming?   Crew chief changes coming? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:40 pm

I don't see that happening, although I would not be opposed!
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Crew chief changes coming?   Crew chief changes coming? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 2:50 pm

I can't see it happening either. I think Robbie's days of being crew chief are over.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Crew chief changes coming?   Crew chief changes coming? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:33 pm

The only thing that leaves that little possibility that he could come back was that he didn't want to stop being a CC. He wanted to stay on as CC for the 17 team but Jack basically made him move up to director of competition.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Crew chief changes coming?   Crew chief changes coming? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 1:42 am

Quote :
UPDATE: Car owner Jack Roush says that any personnel moves among his non-Chase teams will be made after the season since he's focused on the championship with #99-Carl Edwards and #16-Greg Biffle. "I will re-evaluate every person and every position on every team this winter as I do every year,'' Roush said. He said he would make a change on a Chase team immediately if it could help that team contend for the championship.(Roanoke Times)(9-27-2009)
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Crew chief changes coming?   Crew chief changes coming? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:46 pm

What's up with Ragan and Fennig this year? They've been so off from last year- what's up?
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Crew chief changes coming?   Crew chief changes coming? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 11:22 pm

He's just suffering from the fact that Roush-Fenway is far off this season compared to the Hendrick cars. He had a nice finish today though, finished 7th. Hopefully this will bring some confidence and momentum to that team. Crew chief changes coming? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Crew chief changes coming?   Crew chief changes coming? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 1:54 pm

Quote :
Blickensderfer expects to return as crew chief next season even though Kenseth failed to make the Chase for the first time since the format was introduced six years ago.(FoxSports)(10-11-2009)

On another note, Ragan had a good run yesterday... Smile
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Crew chief changes coming?   Crew chief changes coming? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 3:21 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Quote :
Blickensderfer expects to return as crew chief next season even though Kenseth failed to make the Chase for the first time since the format was introduced six years ago.(FoxSports)(10-11-2009)

On another note, Ragan had a good run yesterday... Smile
ONE OF OF THIRTY IS NOT GOOD LOL (just joking)
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Crew chief changes coming?   Crew chief changes coming? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 3:24 pm

That is very true, I'm just hoping that with the goods runs that the Roush cars have had of late, that they are turning a corner. Each week of the Chase, at least one of the Roush cars have performed well, so that's a step forward at least.

Still, not good, I agree, but getting better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crew chief changes coming?   Crew chief changes coming? Empty

Back to top Go down

Crew chief changes coming?
Page 1 of 1