Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)

Go down 
+3
racinfan
Yatesracing
eehwkram
7 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) Empty
PostSubject: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Really, as if finishing 26th and 27th wasn't bad enough, we really weren't even that good, but got those finishes because of the cars wrecking out there at the end.

Several more races of having to watch this type of day.

At least next year with Kahne and Allmendinger, we have top 15 type of runs week in and week out.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 7:31 pm

AGREE Embarassed
Back to top Go down
racinfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:13 pm

Kasey might actually get Yates their first win since Dale.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Yea Yates is BAD but what about the Roush drivers, What the heck is wrong with them . They can't win a dam race if their life depended on it. OOPS forgot I should have said ROUSH can't seem to build a COT that turns if his life depended on it. That would be more like it. How in the world was FORD able to get Petty to sign with them ? They are the biggest JOKE in the garage. Embarassed Shocked
Back to top Go down
smokin357

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Yatesracing wrote:
Yea Yates is BAD but what about the Roush drivers, What the heck is wrong with them . They can't win a dam race if their life depended on it. OOPS forgot I should have said ROUSH can't seem to build a COT that turns if his life depended on it. That would be more like it. How in the world was FORD able to get Petty to sign with them ? They are the biggest JOKE in the garage. Embarassed Shocked

I was beginning to wonder if the finishes that Erik Darnell was getting in cup was due to poor driving skills or a badly set up car. It appears the latter is the case if drivers like Bobby can't get better finishes. I was hoping that this young driver would get a better opportunity to prove himself. Then again maybe he has. At least he has been able to bring the car home in one piece in the 3 races he did compete in. I have my fingers crossed for his next 3 events. Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 11:13 pm

racinfan wrote:
Kasey might actually get Yates their first win since Dale.

I agree with the statement that Kasey will win. Kasey is a pretty good driver in my opinion, just doesn't have the best equipment out there to drive. Considering all the turmoil RPM has been thru, to have four wins in the past 2 years is incredible. Somebody get this guy a real team! Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) Icon_lol

But for the record, the merger has not happened yet so don't get your hopes up too high.
Back to top Go down
racinfan

PostSubject: Re: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 12:16 am

if kasey drove 4 hms or tony, he'd have a championship by now.... He's a puppet to his team...he needs 2 leave them cuz his rides are getting worse...
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 1:59 pm

The 9 cars are not getting worse. They have been pretty competitive in most races. Kasey nearly always has a top-10 car, and Allmendinger is normally top-15 caliber... I think things will only get better when they move to Ford and get some stability.

Darnell has gotten a bad deal at Yates. The cars are not cabable of running well or showing what a driver can do. No one is going to make those cars look good, so it's hard to judge Erik's performance... he has done a good job keeping them in one piece, at least.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
racinfan

PostSubject: Re: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 2:13 am

To be blunt, Ford has SUCKED this year and I'm sure noone saw it coming...unless they have a drastic change during offseason, I don't see kahne having a better ride
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:06 pm

racinfan wrote:
To be blunt, Ford has SUCKED this year and I'm sure noone saw it coming...unless they have a drastic change during offseason, I don't see kahne having a better ride

It's not Ford (the Wood Bros. are showing that Fords can be competitive), it's the Roush chasis that Roush and Yates use. They're just off. If RPM builds their own chasis, they may have no problems at all...
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:42 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
racinfan wrote:

It's not Ford (the Wood Bros. are showing that Fords can be competitive), it's the Roush chasis that Roush and Yates use. They're just off. If RPM builds their own chasis, they may have no problems at all...
I'm not sure I'd go as far as calling the Woods Ford competitive. Elliotts ave finish this season is only 23.1 . If they had one or two top 5 or 10 finishes then I'd say somewhat competitive. Bill has has some good qualifying results but not that strong of race results ~JMO
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 1:14 am

I think the Wood Brothers have been respectable this year, for the most part. David Gilliland, who has spent all season with the #71 TRG team, got into the car at Atlanta and scored a top-20. They sucked all of last year, so I'm glad they are cutting back for now. It seems to have certainly helped the team.

I wouldn't say Ford has completely sucked this season (at least 2 Roush teams made the Chase), but they are definitely off to a pretty far extent considering the great season they had with Roush last year.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 11:56 am

Comparable to their past performances in the last couple of years, the Woods are very competitive this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)   Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th) Empty

Back to top Go down

Another sad finish for Yates Racing (26th and 27th)
Page 1 of 1