Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole Empty
PostSubject: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:44 am

Quote :
TALLADEGA, Ala. - NASCAR Sprint Cup qualifying has been canceled because of rain at Talladega Superspeedway, giving Jimmie Johnson the pole position for Sunday's Amp Energy 500 and leaving Regan Smith as the only one of 44 drivers who will miss the race.

Joining Johnson on the outside of Row 1 will be Hendrick Motorsports teammate Mark Martin. Hendrick's Jeff Gordon, Stewart-Haas Racing's Tony Stewart and Earnhardt Ganassi Racing's Juan Pablo Montoya complete the top five in the field that was set according to the NASCAR rule book.

Smith missed the race because his Furniture Row Racing team has attempted to qualify for the fewest races among any team in the field.

Qualifying was scheduled to begin at 12:15 p.m. EDT, with the Truck series race scheduled to follow at 4 p.m.

It rained at the track overnight and the National Weather Service predicts an 80 percent chance of rain today, mostly before 2 p.m. EDT.

With temperatures in the low 60s and a strong breeze, it likely will take at least two hours to dry the 2.66-mile oval. The Truck race likely would need to begin by 5:30 p.m. EDT to be able to get the entire 250-mile race in before darkness. If the Truck race gets rained out, it would be run on Monday.

The forecast for Sunday is for sunny skies with a high in the upper 60s.
~Scene Daily

Maybe it will rain out the truck race too... I'm not going to be able to watch this afternoon, but I could watch on Monday! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:33 am

Take Note-----Pit Stall selection----CAR#'a 5,14.24,48----In and Out Best Selections. NO ONE IN FRONT OF YOU Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:37 am

WOW WHAT A SURPRISE-----THE HENDRICK BUNCH HAVE THE WEATHER TO THANK AGAIN, (WHAT IS IT NOW 4TH OR 5TH TIME???) I lost count

Pit Stall Selections - Talladega: The selections of pit stalls for the AMP Energy 500 at Talladega Superspeedway have been made. Pole sitter #48-Johnson chose pit stall 1 [as do most pole sitters].Outside pole sitter #5-Martin took pit stall 29, the second pit with an opening in front of it.[b]#24-Gordon, who starts 3rd took the 17th pit stall, the first stall with an opening in front of it.[/b] HEY DON'T FORGET #14 STEWART SAME SCENARIO
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Some post-race thoughts:

1. Might as well give Johnson the title now. I can't believe he was running in the mid 20s at the end and comes away with a top 10. Martin, who runs near the front all day, ends up flipping over and finishing in the back. Johnson never gets in any wrecks! If Martin and Johnson had finished where they were running with like 10 or so to go, Martin would've cut the lead down to 30-60 points. Now it's 180.

2. Great to see someone different win today. McMurray certainly helped his stock in getting a ride next year. It was nice to see him thank the fans and everyone in the post race.

3. Brad Keselowski started the wreck that brought out the checkers and yellow. Is anyone really surprised that he was the one who did it? He drives so wild.

4. Thumbs up to the safety of the new car. I can only hope they keep working on it in terms of being more fun to watch, but it certainly does its job with safety. Newman takes the horrible wreck and ends up walking away.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:33 pm

Brad Keselowski is out of control. He always drives over his head and WAY too aggressively. Someone needs to get a hold of him and straighten him out...
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:36 pm

As a Keselowski supporter, I will say that he needs to polish his craft to the point where he can win races and not cause controversy. He's an awesome driver, and has gained a fan in me. I guess I'm just seeing what the Tony Stewart and Kyle Busch fans have to deal with all the time.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:37 pm

"Polish his craft." That's an interesting way to put it... lol In other words, he needs to do a better job of RACING and NOT just WRECKING everyone.

Evil or Very Mad
(In case there's any doubt, I'm not a Keselowski fan. Wink)
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:42 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
"Polish his craft." That's an interesting way to put it... lol In other words, he needs to do a better job of RACING and NOT just WRECKING everyone.

Evil or Very Mad
(In case there's any doubt, I'm not a Keselowski fan. Wink)
Love your Evil sign LOL Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:03 am

Keselowski .... I have to admit that I like this kid. He's still wet behind the ears and has a lot to learn.
I'm not making excuses for him but, I can somewhat understand his aggressiveness. He's so use to battling it out with the Cup guys in Nationwide series that he had to be pretty aggressive. He has to learn that he's playing with the big boys now and they won't let him get away with that.

He'll learn. Wink
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:30 am

I totally agree with DeeDee. Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:38 pm

He's ticked off more than his fair share of people in Nationwide by being overly aggressive too. I think he pushes it too far - I don't care how experienced he is. He needs to tune it down about 10 notches before I'll have any grain of respect for him.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Brad needs to learn to control it better. If he does, he will do even better than he has.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:37 pm

Now don't get angry folks but Who's Brad?????? LOL (joking) IF HE IS NOT IN A FORD , I REALLY DON'T CARE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. Rolling Eyes
One thing for sure if Brad trys to get out of control with the FORD GUYS, they will bring in "-THE BLUE OVAL PATROL'

STRICKLY A BLUE OVAL LOVER
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Personally, I like Michael Waltrip's idea on this one, from Twitter: "How about shock collars? If some ones too aggressive zap em. We should at least get Brad one."

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:21 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Personally, I like Michael Waltrip's idea on this one, from Twitter: "How about shock collars? If some ones too aggressive zap em. We should at least get Brad one."

Laughing
ROTFLMBO
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:49 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:

Laughing

That's good Laughing
But look out Mikey .... you might be next on his list Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole   Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole Empty

Back to top Go down

Qualifying washed out; Johnson on pole
Page 1 of 1