Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

no roush = no competitive trucks?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

no roush = no competitive trucks? Empty
PostSubject: no roush = no competitive trucks?   no roush = no competitive trucks? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 12:56 am

i'm afraid to ask, but is there going to be any ford presence in the truck series next year? right now all that i know of is crawford. buscher is running NW i heard & with the #1 car (chevy). braun is leaving next season with running NW also. i can't understand the lack of truck support with the F-150 being one of the big money makers for ford. any answers?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: no roush = no competitive trucks?   no roush = no competitive trucks? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 1:20 am

I think you kind of answered your own question there - the F-150 is the best selling truck in America already; I guess they don't feel that running in the truck series was beneficial to their sales in any kind of substantive way.

As for the trucks in 2010, I believe Crawford will be the only Ford in the series. He was on Sirius a few weeks back, though, and said that they could still run the second truck if a sponsor is found. However, the second truck is totally dependent on finding a sponsor, so I wouldn't say it's for sure by any means.

I wish Crawford the best, but that team has never been good enough to battle for wins consistently and the championship. Maybe that changes in 2010, doubtful, but it's the only hope for Ford Racing in the Camping World Truck Series next year.

I just hate watching what this series is becoming. Anymore, there are only 2-3 trucks that are capable of winning a race on any given week. The only drivers that are capable of winning on a regular basis are Ron Hornaday, Kyle Busch, Mike Skinner, Todd Bodine, and Matt Crafton. The racing is still very exciting most weeks, but I think that the series is losing a lot of what it used to be because of these guys that just dominate and takes away from the good, hard racing that we used to see. I think it has a lot to do with NASCAR moving the truck series away from its short track roots and to more of the big tracks. Personally, I think the best racing in NASCAR right now is in the Nationwide Series. They have had some really exciting racing of late.

Anyway, that kind of got off topic and a bit more lengthy than I meant for it to, but still... lol
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: no roush = no competitive trucks?   no roush = no competitive trucks? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 1:25 am

I guess there will only be a few part-time Ford teams What a Face ~idk

2010 CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES TEAM CHART
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: no roush = no competitive trucks?   no roush = no competitive trucks? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 1:39 am

None of those part-timers will be competitive; many will even start and park. I'd say Crawford is Ford's only hope. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: no roush = no competitive trucks?   no roush = no competitive trucks? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 1:44 am

don't worry, the more input the better Smile. i guess that will have to do then for ford. i just thought they would want more than just one decent team. & i'm sick of hornaday too lol.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: no roush = no competitive trucks?   no roush = no competitive trucks? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 1:46 am

Quote :
I'd say Crawford is Ford's only hope.
Kinda looks that way Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no roush = no competitive trucks?   no roush = no competitive trucks? Empty

Back to top Go down

no roush = no competitive trucks?
Page 1 of 1