Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Still no deal for Knaus

Go down 
+2
TeamBlueOval
DeeDee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Still no deal for Knaus Empty
PostSubject: Still no deal for Knaus   Still no deal for Knaus EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:27 am

Quote :
Still no deal for Knaus: Jimmie Johnson re-upped with Hendrick Motorsports last year. Crew chief Chad Knaus, an equally important part of the team that has won four straight Cup championships, hasn't extended his current contract beyond 2010. Knaus, however, is convinced his deal will get done in due time. "The contract deal will get done at some point," Knaus said. "I'm signed up through the end of 2010, and it's not on the forefront of my mind right now. What's important to me right now is just getting the cars built, getting to Daytona and getting the season back in place. Once the contract negotiations start, then we'll worry about that." Johnson and Knaus are viewed as an inseparable combination, but Knaus said he could envision working with another driver -- just not any time soon.(Sporting News/Fox Sports)(1-21-2010)
He still has plenty of time .... but it would be funny if he didn't re-up w/HMS Twisted Evil
Hmmmm .... I wonder which team would have the best chance to get him?
A team with very deep pockets is my guess Wink
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Still no deal for Knaus   Still no deal for Knaus EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm sure a ton of teams would be throwing money at him if he decides to go elsewhere. Doubt it will happen, though...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Still no deal for Knaus   Still no deal for Knaus EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 4:00 pm

Never Happen---Anyway Not at This Time
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Still no deal for Knaus   Still no deal for Knaus EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 6:21 pm

it would be wonderful if they would could get him away from Johnson, but I really doubt it
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Still no deal for Knaus   Still no deal for Knaus EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 12:25 am

I really don't see him leaving Hendrick, but it would be awesome if it did happen! Still no deal for Knaus Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Still no deal for Knaus   Still no deal for Knaus EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:16 am

I also don't see him leaving HMS...... but ya never know.
I guess it depends on how big of an ego he has. If he thinks he's the prim reason for the 48's success, he just may be interested in a "new challenge" thinking he can make any team a champion. Ya never know Wink
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Still no deal for Knaus   Still no deal for Knaus EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:26 am

DeeDee wrote:
I also don't see him leaving HMS...... but ya never know.
I guess it depends on how big of an ego he has. If he thinks he's the prim reason for the 48's success, he just may be interested in a "new challenge" thinking he can make any team a champion. Ya never know Wink
DeeDee my thoughts on this one. It's not only Chad but the equipment he has to work with. I once heard him remark that all he has to do is ask and he is given a BLANK CHECK. Put JJ in one of YATES CARS and you will see that he isn't any better than any one of the top drivers in Nascar. JMO
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Still no deal for Knaus   Still no deal for Knaus EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:15 am

Well, if Chad did want a new challenge, I would have no objections to him crew chiefing for Carl Edwards! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Still no deal for Knaus   Still no deal for Knaus EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:41 pm

I'd be happy if he went and and turned the 39 pit crew guys into pretty good pit men........... now that one would be a big challenge lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Still no deal for Knaus   Still no deal for Knaus EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:57 pm

I think it would be hard to seem him leave a team that has won so much, but I have no objections to it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Still no deal for Knaus   Still no deal for Knaus Empty

Back to top Go down

Still no deal for Knaus
Page 1 of 1