Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011

Go down 
+2
RacingDude
Yatesracing
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011   Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011: Wood Brothers Racing, a Ford nameplate for 60 years, will race part-time in Sprint Cup racing again in 2010 with an eye on returning to the full-time schedule soon, perhaps in 2011. Bill Elliott again will drive the Woods' familiar #21, one of the most famous numbers in motorsports, in the 13 races the team plans to enter this season. Team co-owner Eddie Wood said additional races possibly will be added to the schedule if sponsor funding can be found. Motorcraft, Ford's customer service division, again will sponsor the team. A new co-sponsor is Ford's Quick Lane Tire and Auto Centers. Announcements were made during a Tuesday stop of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Media Tour near Charlotte, N.C. Although Wood said he wants to return to full-schedule racing, he said his team picks up benefits from its abbreviated schedule. "You have more time," Wood said. "The group of people we have together is a very close-knit group. And it's small. And small is OK. It works for us. We have a lot of time to do things. If we want to do a test or have an idea, we have time to go do it. The bigger teams don't. "We do want to get back full-time, but we won't do it until we can do it correctly. You won't ever see us be a start-and-park car." Elliott has raced with the Woods since 2007.(Ford Racing)(1-23-2010)

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011   Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:18 pm

I don't think I should get my hopes up too high before I know for sure they will.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011   Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Glad to hear that they'll never consider starting and parking. (Even though, they essential did with Jon Wood at Talladega in '07... he ran like 2 laps, then brought it to the garage. They changed it over from qualifying to race trim and then he went back out, like 25 laps down. Might as well have parked...)
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011   Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 5:55 pm

They will be running the NEW FORD ENGINE AND I'M HOPING THIS WILL DO THE TRICK
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011   Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:26 pm

I remember that 'dega race where they immediately took the car to the pits. I was so disappointed when they did that lol. But I guess they didn't expect to run up front & risk wrecking a car or a blown engine.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011   Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:26 am

I hope things work out for them Very Happy
I'll love to see them back full time.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011   Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:03 am

I agree with you all.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011   Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:36 pm

I hope they are able to run full-time in '11. I remember the Dega race too- I could never understand why, even with a radical set up to make the race, they didn't just ride it out until the first caution and change it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011   Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011
Page 1 of 1