Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying Empty
PostSubject: Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying   Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:19 pm

I hope so because the Bif ran 186.-----He is running a backup car.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying   Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:27 pm

Yes they do..... Ford isn't usually fast at qualifying- especially at restrictor plate races
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying   Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:48 pm

That is NOT a back-up car for Biffle. This is his Daytona 500 car.

He wrecked the Bud Shootout car, NOT the 500 car.

Actually, Fords are normally quite quick in plate qualifying. As recently as 2007, Yates Racing swept the front row for the 500 with Rudd and Gilliland. Fords have just not been really fast so far this weekend. It's okay though, qualifying speed doesn't matter at Daytona.

Bill Elliott should have a shot at a great starting spot, though.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying   Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:57 pm

[quote="TeamBlueOval"]That is NOT a back-up car for Biffle. This is his Daytona 500 car.

He wrecked the Bud Shootout car, NOT the 500 car.

Actually, Fords are normally quite quick in plate qualifying. As recently as 2007, Yates Racing swept the front row for the 500 with Rudd and Gilliland. Fords have just not been really fast so far this weekend. It's okay though, qualifying speed doesn't matter at Daytona.

Bill Elliott should have a shot at a great starting spot, though.[ Thanks Andrew, I just to upset at his time to really care about qualifying. I love FORD but totally disappointed in the results so far. They had 3 months to fix the dam problem and now it's the same old story. This is what you get when you don't spend money on TESTING. No wonder Hendricks and now Childress are making FORD the laughing stock in the garage area. Pity isn't what I was expecting. What I was expecting, was a heckava lot better showing by FORD this year. To early to make that decision ---I hope so.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying   Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Daytona 500 qualifying means absolutely NOTHING. Let's wait until we get to some real tracks (i.e. California & Las Vegas) before we start writing Ford off for the whole year.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying   Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 4:16 pm

BTW did they interview Bif after he Qualified?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying   Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 5:53 pm

I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying   Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 6:55 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Daytona 500 qualifying means absolutely NOTHING. Let's wait until we get to some real tracks (i.e. California & Las Vegas) before we start writing Ford off for the whole year.
Do you really thing what they couldn't do in 3 months to compete at one of the biggest races of the year, Ford will accomplish in a week at CA. I don't think so. You said Qualifying at Daytona means absolutely nothing. It seems the big teams don't feel that way and thats why they are running in the front. To these teams EVERY RACE IS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO GIVE IT THEIR BEST SHOT.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying   Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 9:21 pm

You are blowing what I said way out of proportion. I said that QUALIFYING doesn't mean anything. It's true, it doesn't. Guess what? If Fords qualified 3rd through 12th, you know what that would mean for the 500? NOTHING! Because the field isn't set until the Gatorade Duels. Qualifying doesn't even determine where you start in the 500, so who cares!

Sure, the 500 is a HUGE race and the teams do try really hard to be good at this race, but you CANNOT compare plate racing to the "REAL" racing that we do in the other 32 races a year.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying   Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 1:50 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:

Bill Elliott should have a shot at a great starting spot, though.

2007 and it is now 2010

when you think about Ford and qualifying at a restrictor plate do you honestly think they have been that in good? Yates is the exception....... the couple times they've won it...... it's not like its a normal thing to seem them up front...... atleast not to me
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying   Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying Empty

Back to top Go down

Are they Running 2 Laps in Qualifying
Page 1 of 1