Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level Empty
PostSubject: Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level   Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:38 am

Quote :
Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level: SPEED coverage of the ARCA Racing Series season opener from Daytona scored a Nielsen Household Rating of 2.30 (1,723,000 households), a 59% increase over last year's 1.45 (1,062,000 households). Highlighted by the stock car debut of Danica Patrick, race coverage peaked at 2.66 (1,997,000 households), up a stunning 72 percent from last year's peak of 1.55 (1,137,000 households). According to Nielsen Media Research, 2.4 million viewers tuned in to see the Saturday afternoon race, an 87% increase over last year's audience of 1.3 million. The Nielsen ratings, which positioned SPEED as the No. 1 network in basic cable during the time slot, were the highest ever for an ARCA race and rank only behind SPEED's exclusive coverage of the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race as the highest ratings ever for the network.(SPEED)(2-10-2010)
WTG Danica Smile
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level   Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:44 am

Not surprising at all.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level   Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:08 am

I try to catch the ARCA races when they're on TV, but I was sure to watch this one... she did a good job.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level   Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:47 am

Yep....She did a good job!
I ignore all the hype about her. I wanted to see if she really could do it.
The media has a way of over doing coverage of "select" drivers. I think they do more harm then good ~JMO

If She continues with NASCAR, she will give JR a run for the money...... I am so sick of hearing about JR that I welcome someone new. Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level   Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:16 am

If JR keeps running as bad as he is, they'll have no choice but to move on to someone else... Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level   Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:35 pm

I didn't watch much of the NW race because it was Danica, Danica, Danica even after she went out of the race.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level   Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:39 pm

There was a lot of Danica during prerace and the early parts of the race, but I beg to differ about the end. After she was out, they only mentioned her once or twice more during the conclusion of the race. They pretty well moved on after she wrecked out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level   Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level Empty

Back to top Go down

Danica's ARCA start lifts TV Ratings to record level
Page 1 of 1