Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana Empty
PostSubject: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Very Disapponted by this statememnt made by FordRacing

FR9 Ran Strong at Daytona; Here's Who Did and Who Didn't
After debuting in the Ford Fusions of Matt Kenseth and David Ragan last fall at Talladega Superspeedway, the FR9 engine was back in action during Daytona Speedweeks. Kasey Kahne used an FR9 engine to win his Gatorade Duel race. Matt Kenseth, Elliott Sadler and Bill Elliott raced with the FR9 during the Daytona 500 while the other 10 Fords in the field had the previous 452 model. Here's a look at who ran it, who will run it, and who won't. No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:34 pm

I don't understand this at all... they need to roll that thing out... even if it is only in one or two cars!
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:48 pm

This doesn't make any sense. One week only certain teams run it, the next week different teams run it, and now this week no one runs it. What's the deal? Why aren't all of them using it full-time now?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:25 pm

I can answer that one -- they aren't ALL using it because they simply haven't built enough of them yet. That's one thing that Doug Yates has been saying over and over -- inventory is the problem right now. Looks like they should be building more, but guess they're not...
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:01 pm

Exactly. What the heck is this all about? I realized, but can't understand why they are still don't have all the pieces and parts for this new engine. They have been working on this FR9 for a few years, so whats the hold-up
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Was just reported on Speed that Robbie Reiser said they probably won't put the FR9 in another car until the ALL STAR race in MAY!

WHAT?!?! 3 months? This is unbelievable. Shocked Mad
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:01 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Was just reported on Speed that Robbie Reiser said they probably won't put the FR9 in another car until the ALL STAR race in MAY!

Wonder if they found something they don't like with this FR9 engine.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:38 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:

Andrew Robbie could be talking about the drivers with RPM Teams
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Robbie Reiser is the Roush Competition Director. (You're thinking of Robbie Loomis who I think is still at Petty.)

I'm pretty sure he meant no Ford teams would run the motors... Sad
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 7:40 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Robbie Reiser is the Roush Competition Director. (You're thinking of Robbie Loomis who I think is still at Petty.)

I'm pretty sure he meant no Ford teams would run the motors... Sad
Your right LOL Got my Robbie's mixed up
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:29 am

other than WBR right?
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:35 am

they don't make any sence
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 5:20 pm

jiggastyles09 wrote:
other than WBR right?

They didn't mention the Woods, but I would assume that is correct. It was previously announced that they would run the FR9 in ALL of their races.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 6:19 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
jiggastyles09 wrote:
other than WBR right?

They didn't mention the Woods, but I would assume that is correct. It was previously announced that they would run the FR9 in ALL of their races.
Unless The Wood Bros. might have found something they didn't like about the FR9 and will go back to the old engine..
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:29 am

hopefully 'ol Bill can go show 'em all up his new engine lol
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:33 am

Dog wrote:
hopefully 'ol Bill can go show 'em all up his new engine lol
It's going to take more than a new Engine.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:55 pm

Jack Roush was on Raceday talking about the FR9. He said that all of the Fords will run the FR9 at all the plate tracks. He doesn't know when the FR9 will get back in a car on a regular track. He said they didn't have enough parts for a full out phase in of the new engine and they wanted to get more time on the new motor which is hard since NASCAR doesn't allow testing.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:16 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Jack Roush was on Raceday talking about the FR9. He said that all of the Fords will run the FR9 at all the plate tracks. He doesn't know when the FR9 will get back in a car on a regular track. He said they didn't have enough parts for a full out phase in of the new engine and they wanted to get more time on the new motor which is hard since NASCAR doesn't allow testing.
Believe this and you will believe anything. There are many tracks for testing but
Roush and FORD will not pay for it. You can bet Hendricks is doing a lot of testing and thats why Ford looks like a loser . Until they start spending the money that Hendricks is spending Ford will look like a LOSER.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm sure they're spending plenty of money -- they don't like losing to Hendrick and if it was just a matter of money, they pour some more millions out there, but that's not it.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:24 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I'm sure they're spending plenty of money -- they don't like losing to Hendrick and if it was just a matter of money, they pour some more millions out there, but that's not it.
If this is what you want to believe,than thats your prerogative. Better yet, why not call it what it is----- DODGE , TOYS. AND CHEVY WITH FORD running on the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:27 pm

All the MFG's EXCEPT FORD have shown a big improvement. I ask WHY???????????? I believe I gave you my answer.
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 1:38 am

dodge has shown great improvement? since when?
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:18 am

Dog wrote:
dodge has shown great improvement? since when?
This Year - Kurt and Brad will get a win this year. Something I wouldn't have said a year ago. (with very luttle financial help)
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:50 am

Brad K will win a race? He needs to stop wrecking first. In his first starts with Penske, I haven't seen anything to make me believe he will win a race.

Kurt will probably win a couple and make the Chase, but not Brad.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 12:22 pm

Been looking for comments from Edwards since Happy hour. I am especially interested on comments about the race. He doesn't seem to happy JMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana   No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana Empty

Back to top Go down

No Ford team will run the FR9 in Fontana
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next