Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT Empty
PostSubject: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:05 pm

So, what did you think?

My thoughts on a few drivers:

Kyle Busch... he wins again. Ugh...

Greg Biffle... thought he was going to take it to those Gibbs boys on the GWC. He did a great job for Baker Curb... made the end fun to watch

Carl Edwards... great recovery after speeding penalty and running so-so all day

Brian Scott... WOW. That kid can drive a race car. He was spectacular today! Hope that continues.

Joey Logano... whining because Biffle raced him to hard on the last restart for the win? Come on, Joey.

Danica... I'm still a fan, but she didn't hang around for the media interview today. Hope she doesn't turn into Kyle Busch... (I know she's been a little bit that way in IRL, but she needs to stay positive in her NASCAR attempts...)
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:07 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
So, what did you think?

My thoughts on a few drivers:

Kyle Busch... he wins again. Ugh...

Greg Biffle... thought he was going to take it to those Gibbs boys on the GWC. He did a great job for Baker Curb... made the end fun to watch

Carl Edwards... great recovery after speeding penalty and running so-so all day

Brian Scott... WOW. That kid can drive a race car. He was spectacular today! Hope that continues.

Joey Logano... whining because Biffle raced him to hard on the last restart for the win? Come on, Joey.

Danica... I'm still a fan, but she didn't hang around for the media interview today. Hope she doesn't turn into Kyle Busch... (I know she's been a little bit that way in IRL, but she needs to stay positive in her NASCAR attempts...)
What is wrong with Edwards? He looks like a first year rookie.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:16 pm

BTW what happen to Danica - 3 laps down
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Edwards looks like a rookie? He finished 4th... they got the car good at the end. He just got TWO speeding penalties. That hurts your chances...

Danica was just slow.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:31 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Edwards looks like a rookie? He finished 4th... they got the car good at the end. He just got TWO speeding penalties. That hurts your chances...

Danica was just slow.
I'm talking before the penalties. Logano, Scott both new drivers compared to Edwards and he didn't even look like he was trying to race them.

He looks like he has lost it. In fact all the Roush driver seems to have lost.

Last edited by Yatesracing on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:33 pm

It's the beginning of the race... it doesn't matter. Plus, just because they're new drivers doesn't mean they aren't good and their cars aren't fast.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:42 pm

and than you got Idiots making decisions not to use the FR9 what mifgt be the only hope we may have. I still say its not the engine its the chassis but when Biffle couldn't beat Logano ,I started to wonder. Maybe when the MUSTANG comes into the NWS we will have that chance to beat Kyle.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:48 pm

In the Nationwide Series, it IS the engine. The Toyotas have more power... everyone knows that, but only NASCAR can stop it. NASCAR tried to restrict them a little, but it hasn't helped... they still overpower everyone.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:51 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
In the Nationwide Series, it IS the engine. The Toyotas have more power... everyone knows that, but only NASCAR can stop it. NASCAR tried to restrict them a little, but it hasn't helped... they still overpower everyone.
If thats the cast FORD better get their act together and make dam positive our MUSTANG has an engine second to none.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:58 pm

The Mustang is going to have the same engine.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:02 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
The Mustang is going to have the same engine.
I read a few months ago the MUSTANG would have it's own engine. Not the one they were running in the old car.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:18 pm

Can't be positive, but I believe that is incorrect.
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:48 pm

Biffle raced Logano fine, it was a GWC finish, everybody is racing all out. I think he was surprised at Biffle's restart & he spun the tires a little. Logano looked like he was about to cry at the end, though it was an exciting finish!

As for Carl, he raced well considering he got two penalties & still finished top-5. Townly screwed Ricky's finish (& the announcers said it might have been due to oil on the track), though he wasn't really running well anyways. I think Colin had a good run, so kudos to him.

All in all a GREAT race Smile
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:53 pm

jiggastyles09 wrote:
Biffle raced Logano fine, it was a GWC finish, everybody is racing all out. I think he was surprised at Biffle's restart & he spun the tires a little. Logano looked like he was about to cry at the end, though it was an exciting finish!

As for Carl, he raced well considering he got two penalties & still finished top-5. Townly screwed Ricky's finish (& the announcers said it might have been due to oil on the track), though he wasn't really running well anyways. I think Colin had a good run, so kudos to him.

All in all a GREAT race Smile
I can understand Logano crying , he led most of the race, but than anyone in a Toy that is losing will bring a smile to my face. Than kyle wins and it wipe the smile right off my face in a jiffy LOL
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:12 am

oh i understand it too, if the caution hadn't come out at the end Logano had it in the bag.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:31 am

jiggastyles09 wrote:
oh i understand it too, if the caution hadn't come out at the end Logano had it in the bag.
I just watched the video of Logano's interview. I thought he was going to cry any minute. When Logano spun his tires I did the dance of joy and sat down when Kyle won the race. Oh well thats life
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:25 am

Joey's post-race comments were kind of ridiculous in my opinion... that was just simple racing for a win. Get over it and go on to tomorrow, Joey. I certainly hope this isn't a sign of change in his attitude.

Pretty exciting finish... wonder how long it's been since we've had one of those at Fontana? Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT Icon_lol I was hoping Biff could hold on, but he got beat by Busch. Oh well, he runs pretty good at Vegas too so if he's on the entry list for that one I'd look for him to contend again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT   Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT Empty

Back to top Go down

Fontana Nationwide Race - POST RACE CHAT
Page 1 of 1