Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

15 Races for Darnell in 09; schedule announced

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

15 Races for Darnell in 09; schedule announced Empty
PostSubject: 15 Races for Darnell in 09; schedule announced   15 Races for Darnell in 09; schedule announced EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 5:52 pm

Quote :
Roush Fenway Racing says Erik Darnell will drive the organization's No. 6 NASCAR Nationwide Series entry for 15 races, beginning with the Lipton Tea 250 at Richmond International Raceway May 1.

Darnell and sponsor Northern Tool + Equipment will split time in the No. 6 Ford with David Ragan and sponsor Discount Tire.

This will be Darnell’s first season in the Nationwide Series following three full seasons in what is now known as the Camping World Truck Series, where he recorded two wins, three poles, 16 top-five and 32 top-10 finishes. The Beach Park, Ill., native previously filled in for Carl Edwards and Ragan for several Nationwide practice sessions as well as running in the Corona Mexico 200 in Mexico City.

“I’m looking forward to my first season in the Nationwide Series," Darnell said. "Sure, I wish I was running a full schedule, but I’ve been given a great opportunity, and I’m going to make the best of it. There are several tracks on the schedule I’ve had success at in the past. Hopefully, I can put together some good runs this season and get the [team] into victory lane.”

Darnell’s complete 15-race schedule includes Richmond (May 1), Darlington Raceway (May Cool, Nashville Superspeedway (June 6), Kentucky Speedway (June 13), The Milwaukee Mile (June 20), New Hampshire Motor Speedway (June 27), Gateway International Raceway (July 18), Iowa Speedway (Aug. 1), Watkins Glen International (Aug. Cool, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (Aug. 30), Dover International Speedway (Sept. 26), Kansas Speedway (Oct. 3), Lowe's Motor Speedway (Oct. 16), Memphis Motorsports Park (Oct. 24) and Homestead-Miami Speedway (Nov. 20).

Financial terms of the sponsorship were not disclosed.
~Scene Daily~
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com

15 Races for Darnell in 09; schedule announced
Page 1 of 1