Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

American Jobs

Go down 
+2
Hihey9989
TeamBlueOval
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

American Jobs Empty
PostSubject: American Jobs   American Jobs EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:41 pm

Most of the financial experts in the U.S. are trying to identify the real reason for the recent economic crisis. I suggest that you read this short description to the end.

Joe Smith started the day early, having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN ) for 6 a.m. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA ) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG ). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA ), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE ) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA ) After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA ) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO ) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN ) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA ) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY ) filled it with GAS (from Saudi Arabia ) And continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB. At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his Computer (Made In Malaysia ), Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL ) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE ) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA ), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA .

Sad, but true...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Hihey9989

Hihey9989

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-15

American Jobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Jobs   American Jobs EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Now, there's something political we can agree on, Andrew Wink
Back to top Go down
http://cbowyerfan.proboards85.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808

American Jobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Jobs   American Jobs EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:00 pm

who won't agree with this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
cascar_fan

cascar_fan

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-16

American Jobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Jobs   American Jobs EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Andrew, I've been saying this for several years now ... the sad thing is, most people just laugh at you or in my case, give me a lecture, because I work for Ford and am a CAW member!

Even our governments, they can give tons of money away to the financial sector, (which by the way, had their hand in WTO, GATT & NAFTA) without even flinching, no strings attached, but when it came to bail out the auto industry, well, the CEO's are making too much money, look at the employee's, they're making $75.00 an hr (wish I was?), heavens, they even have a pension plan we'll have to do something about that, etc., etc... There's an old saying, those in glass houses shouldn't cast stones!

Governments keep telling us, our manufacturing sector has to be more competitive, ask yourself, how can we compete with the likes of labor costs in China, India, etc... where next, Haiti, Cuba, Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan???

I remember the day when the US & Canada had the Autopact. It worked well for both country's, kind of like fair trade, everyone was happy! Our work forces mirror'd one another too as far as hourly pay, holidays, vacations, etc., etc... Then one day the WTO said we can't have the Autopact anymore?

Who are these people in WTO anyhow??? No-one even votes for them, talk about democracy? Next theng we know we are inundated with Nissan, Honda & Toyota and try to sell back to these countries. Japan kept their dollar artifically low for years, just to keep the trade balance in their favor, just like China is doing now!

I watched a show on TV the other night, it was called Chimerica, or something like that? It was scarry!

Anyway, I'm sorry to have carried on so, I need to step back from this topic as I'm too tied up in it to begin with, but you know, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, if all our manufacturing jobs leave and go to the lowest bidder (in a matter of speaking), Mexico, Japan, Korea, & now China, India, because of cheap wages, and when we're all out of work over here, who's going to buy these products??? I think they're starting to figure that one out now, what do you think???

And if we loose our manufacturing base, and God forbid, if we ever end up in another World War, where are we going to build the tanks, ships, aircraft, ammuniton, etc., that once was built by Ford, GM & Chrysler???
Back to top Go down
http://www.rpeer.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

American Jobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Jobs   American Jobs EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 7:31 am

Sad All of you have done a great job of saying the things I have been thinking for a very long time. THANKS
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

American Jobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Jobs   American Jobs EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Dog wrote:
who won't agree with this?

Obviously anyone who isn't American.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content