Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Edwards let #98 stay in front?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Did Edwards let #98 stay in front? Empty
PostSubject: Did Edwards let #98 stay in front?   Did Edwards let #98 stay in front? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 5:32 pm

I wonder if Carl Edwards helped out a fellow Ford driver by allowing Paul Menard to stay infront of him over the last 30-40 laps at Martinsville so that we would be locked into the field going into Texas?

There were a lot of restarts. He had his chances.

Was the #98 the better car or did Cousin Carl let him keep the spot to help out a fellow Ford driver?
Back to top Go down
davidiam

PostSubject: Re: Did Edwards let #98 stay in front?   Did Edwards let #98 stay in front? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:21 am

I would like to think he was good enough to stay ahead. But history tells me it was more likely that Carl was told about the points and to back off
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Did Edwards let #98 stay in front?   Did Edwards let #98 stay in front? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:03 pm

If Carl had passed Paul, it would have dropped him back out of the top-35. Whatever the reason, it's good that Paul stayed in front of Carl!
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Edwards let #98 stay in front?   Did Edwards let #98 stay in front? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did Edwards let #98 stay in front?
Page 1 of 1