Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

15 minutes is enough

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

15 minutes is enough Empty
PostSubject: 15 minutes is enough   15 minutes is enough EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:28 am

I stopped watching the Nationwide races this season.... thanks to the Cup dominance. We watched the Grand-Am race this afternoon and my son would switch to the NW race to see what was going on < Rolling Eyes > just during the commercials.

Wow! I watched all of 10 ... maybe 15 minutes of the whole race. I saw Waltrip and Bowyer mix it up, Junior missed his pit box, Shrub wrecked Allgaier and Ragan hit teammate Matt sending him on a wild ride.

I guess 15 minutes is enough to catch all the highlights of the whole races
<from NASCAR Race Highlights>

http://www.nascar.com/video/busch/2009/04/25/nns.tal.high.four.nascar/

http://www.nascar.com/video/busch/2009/04/25/nns.tal.high.two.nascar/index.html?MostPopular

http://www.nascar.com/video/busch/2009/04/25/nns.tal.high.one.nascar/index.html?MostPopular

http://www.nascar.com/video/busch/2009/04/25/nns.tal.high.final.nascar/index.html?MostPopular

Funny how it's always about the Cup drivers. Sad
Some things never change, NW continues to be nothing more then a Cup playground. <Sad >
Best part of the race was Kyle whining in the post race. <love it>Twisted Evil
Would have been great to see Tony Raines win the race. Very Happy I hope his great finish helps them with sponsorship.

I think I'll go back to not watching NW races.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: 15 minutes is enough   15 minutes is enough EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 9:07 am

It was a great race, probably the best one all season. Lots of 3 and 4 wide racing... you don't know what you missed... Wink
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: 15 minutes is enough   15 minutes is enough EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 12:49 am

Actually I do know what I missed. That's why I stopped watching the races because it totally infuriates me watching the Cup dominance in that series.
~It's a sore subject with me Mad

Not only have I stop watching the NW race, I didn't renew our tickets this season. So that means I'll also miss the Cup and our first Truck race here at Chicagoland. Crying or Very sad That is a choice that I made because our tickets are sold as a package deal and you couldn't pay me enough to buy a NW ticket. It used to be lots of fun watching the young up and coming drivers racing there peers try to make a name for themselves. It's a Cup playground now. Sad

When Cup Teams/Drivers stop taking the majority of the money out of that series, hopefully I'll be back some day. I just don't see that happening any time to soon. affraid
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: 15 minutes is enough   15 minutes is enough EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:59 pm

I can't tell you the last time I watched all of a Nationwide race...
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: 15 minutes is enough   15 minutes is enough EmptyWed May 06, 2009 1:26 am

They are pretty pathetic Mad

I've even stopped watching the Truck races that Kyle runs. I'm tired of him stinking up that series. Sad
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: 15 minutes is enough   15 minutes is enough EmptyWed May 06, 2009 1:46 am

Quote :
Updated: May 5, 2009, 8:59 PM ET
Are you tired of Cup drivers in N'wide?
By Terry Blount
ESPN.com
NASCAR officials have a little ruse going.

They think you don't know, don't care or both. Do you?

Sprint Cup regulars are 9-0 this season in the Triple-A minor league, officially known as the Nationwide Series. Seven of those races were won by drivers who made the Chase in 2008.

The past 18 Nationwide events, dating back to the end of last season, were won by Cup regulars. Sixteen of those races were won by drivers who made the Chase.

And this isn't a new phenomenon. The past three Nationwide Series championships were won by drivers who finished in the top 10 in the Cup standings, including two who finished in the top 5.

Until 2006, no full-time Cup driver ever won a Nationwide Series (formerly known as the Busch Series) title. Since 2006, Cup regulars have won 90 percent of the Nationwide races (103 of 114 events).

The Cup stars are shooting fish in a barrel, and you're letting them do it. NASCAR officials think you don't care. In fact, they think you like it. Do you?

They think you won't come unless you can see Kyle Busch (among others) run roughshod over lesser competitors trying to learn their craft. Will you?

They think you don't care about whether up-and-comers like Justin Allgaier, John Wes Townley, Steve Wallace and Michael Annett have a fighting chance to compete. Do you?

They think it's OK with you if a talented kid like Stephen Leicht, a Nationwide race winner in 2007 at age 20, can't get a full-time ride in the series because sponsors want Cup stars in the cars. Is it?

They say it doesn't matter to you if stand-alone Nationwide teams, like Baker-Curb Racing with driver Jason Keller, struggle to stay in business against big Cup operations racing in the series with Cup drivers. Does it?

Team co-owner Gary Baker talked about the uphill battle of trying to make it work against the Cup guys.

"It can be frustrating," Baker said last month at Nashville, one of eight stand-alone Nationwide events this season. "Do we look at it as if we're second-rate? No, we don't.

"But it is frustrating to look at the incredible budgets like the No. 60 [Carl Edwards' car]. If we had the budget of the 60 car, we could kick them in the teeth. But I'm a realist, and at times, that frustration gets pretty great."

NASCAR officials believe you like it when members of the Cup elite run the entire Nationwide schedule and win the championship, celebrating as if they achieved a major accomplishment. Do you?

Two years ago, NASCAR floated the idea of a major fix. Cup drivers ranked in the top 35 in the standings would not earn points in Nationwide events. They still could run every event, but only Nationwide regulars would compete for the title.

It sounded good at the time, but it never happened.

"We still talk about it," NASCAR vice president Jim Hunter said. "We always review those things at the end of the year. But really, it kind of goes against everything we stand for."

Hunter is talking about the spirit of open competition, in which every driver has a chance to race in any NASCAR event.

It's a noble ideal, but isn't it more noble, and more fruitful in the long run, to have an actual developmental league with an identity, a place where young drivers can make names for themselves?

It's up to you, the fans.

If NASCAR officials are right, no problem exists. The Nationwide Series will continue as a hybrid league, sort of a warm-up event or B feature for the Cup guys to loosen up and dominate things before the big race the next day.

Is that OK with you? Do you care?

15 minutes is enough Rpm_a_leicht_200AP Photo/James Crisp
Stephen Leicht won in 2007, but is trying to find a full-time ride in 2009.
~ESPN Article

This subject keeps popping up.
We all know how I feel .... I want CUP OUT of N'wide.
I am hopeful that NASCAR smartens up and makes changes.
I want to go back to the track and I want to watch it on TV again.
GET the message NASCAR. bounce
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: 15 minutes is enough   15 minutes is enough EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:13 pm

Quote :
They think it's OK with you if a talented kid like Stephen Leicht, a Nationwide race winner in 2007 at age 20, can't get a full-time ride in the series because sponsors want Cup stars in the cars. Is it?

This says it all. He wins a Nationwide race as a regular and cannot even get a full-time ride.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: 15 minutes is enough   15 minutes is enough EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:37 am

I know ..... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 15 minutes is enough   15 minutes is enough Empty

Back to top Go down

15 minutes is enough
Page 1 of 1