Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dodge to pull support after 2009?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Dodge to pull support after 2009? Empty
PostSubject: Dodge to pull support after 2009?   Dodge to pull support after 2009? EmptySat May 02, 2009 10:32 am

Quote :
At first blush, it doesn't look like Chrysler's filing for bankruptcy protection on Thursday will have any immediate effect on the seven Sprint Cup teams backed by Dodge. Chrysler was quick to issue a statement on Thursday reaffirming their commitment to NASCAR. But how long, exactly, is the foreseeable future? Several people I [Lars Anderson] talked to involved with NASCAR on Friday morning, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, strongly believed that Chrysler would pull its NASCAR funding in 2010. (The company already slashed its motor sports budget by 30 percent this year.) Then the question would become this: What would happen to the seven teams that Dodge supports? That is the great unknown.(Sports Illustrated)(5-2-2009)
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Dodge to pull support after 2009?   Dodge to pull support after 2009? EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:17 pm

This will be interesting. Penske is doing pretty well this year, especially Busch and running the new motors. As far as I know, RPM still is using the old ones. They need to get with it.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Dodge to pull support after 2009?   Dodge to pull support after 2009? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:30 am

I think RPM should run the new motor in all of their cars also to see if it will help them. Penske is doing better this year, but I don't know if it's from running the new enging or the organization just stepping up their program. I guess we'll find out when RPM decides uses the new Dodge engine in all of their cars.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Dodge to pull support after 2009?   Dodge to pull support after 2009? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:12 am

I swear RPM and Penske never use the same stuff...... engines.... cars.... etc

I know they are different teams but when one used the Avenger the other used the charger; b4 they used opposite engines also......

for the first time Penske is on the better end of the spectrum
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Dodge to pull support after 2009?   Dodge to pull support after 2009? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:04 pm

I'm glad to see that, too. I have a lot of respect for Roger and it is nice to see them doing very well this year.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Dodge to pull support after 2009?   Dodge to pull support after 2009? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:08 pm

I'm guessing Kasey will be the one who tries it out unless they are worried about how it will go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dodge to pull support after 2009?   Dodge to pull support after 2009? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dodge to pull support after 2009?
Page 1 of 1