Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Menard confirms that he will receive owner points

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Menard confirms that he will receive owner points Empty
PostSubject: Menard confirms that he will receive owner points   Menard confirms that he will receive owner points EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Quote :
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Paul Menard confirmed the speculation that his No. 98 team at Yates Racing will be starting the NASCAR Sprint Cup season with owner points from one of Yates' other teams.

The No. 38 will apparently not be on the track this season, and the future of the No. 28 team is up in the air without sponsorship as well.

"As far as I know, we're getting points so we'll be locked in," Menard said Saturday at Daytona International Speedway. "I'm not sure if it's [the] 28 or 38 points, but one of 'em will slide over."

Menard is bringing sponsorship from his family's company, Menards. Yates Racing will pair with Hall of Fame Racing to field the No. 96 car and Bobby Labonte out of the same shop, which means Labonte could also get points from one of Yates' cars.
~Scene Daily~

I hope they keep the 28, even if it is only with partial sponsorship. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Menard confirms that he will receive owner points   Menard confirms that he will receive owner points EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:47 am

Jayski article...
Quote :
Menard to get owners pts from other Yates team: from a NASCAR Press Conference at Daytona for the Fanfest. NASCAR Ramsey Poston asked the questions: Has any determination been made at Yates what the point affiliation will be for your team? Are you going to start from scratch? Are you going to get one of the other cars on points, and is there more concern or more excitement about starting out the year with a totally new bunch and how critical is it going to be to gel quickly with that group?
PAUL MENARD [#98 Menard's Ford]: As far as I know we're getting points so we'll be locked in. I'm not sure if it's #28 or #38 points, but one of them will slide over.(NASCAR PR)(1-17-2009)
Back to top Go down
Hihey9989

Hihey9989

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Menard confirms that he will receive owner points   Menard confirms that he will receive owner points EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 5:22 pm

Well, I wish Paul the best of luck in 2009! GO #98!!!
Back to top Go down
http://cbowyerfan.proboards85.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Menard confirms that he will receive owner points   Menard confirms that he will receive owner points EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 9:17 pm

I hope Paul does well for the sake of the Yates organization.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Menard confirms that he will receive owner points   Menard confirms that he will receive owner points Empty

Back to top Go down

Menard confirms that he will receive owner points
Page 1 of 1