Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Indianapolis 500

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Indianapolis 500 Empty
PostSubject: Indianapolis 500   Indianapolis 500 EmptySun May 17, 2009 11:47 pm

Indianapolis 500 09-logo
2009 Indianapolis 500 Starting Grid

INDY 500 Starting Lineup

Glad to see that John Andretti made it in. Very Happy There for a while it didn't look so good.
I wish someone would have bumped Milk Dudds out. As long as she stays in the back of the field everyone should be safe..... well, for a while Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Indianapolis 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500   Indianapolis 500 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:36 am

Good Luck Ryan

Indianapolis 500 RbriscoeIndianapolis 500 Rbriscoe

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Indianapolis 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500   Indianapolis 500 EmptySun May 24, 2009 11:51 pm

Quote :
Andretti finishes 19th at Indy: John Andretti finished 19th in the #43 Richard Petty's car at the Indianspolis 500 on Sunday. Penske Racing's Helio Castroneves won the race for the third time.(5-24-2009)

Congrats to Helio Smile
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Indianapolis 500 Empty
PostSubject: Vitor Meira breaks back in Indy 500 crash   Indianapolis 500 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 12:13 am

Quote :
Vitor Meira breaks back in Indy 500 crash with Raphael Matos in Indy 500
By Associated Press

5:04 PM MDT, May 24, 2009

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Veteran Vitor Meira has broken two vertebra in his lower back and will spend at least two days in an Indianapolis hospital after a scary crash late in the Indy 500.

In the closing laps, Meira, last year's runner-up, collided with rookie Raphael Matos, sending Meira's car sliding along the wall on two wheels.
http://www.wxmi.com/sports/sns-ap-car-irl-indy-500-matos-meira-crash,0,4080766.story

another arrticle > http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/24/vitor-meira-and-raphael-m_n_207200.html

Unfortunately an injury like this is rather common for Indy drivers. Sad
I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Indianapolis 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500   Indianapolis 500 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 12:44 am

Awful! They go so fast and are so light and dont have the driver enclosed it is a wonder it doesn't happen more often. Sad

I was hoping John would have a better day, but they made the race.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Indianapolis 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500   Indianapolis 500 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:02 am

Quote :
INDYCAR: Kanaan Hurting; Meira Out For ‘09
Written by: Robin Miller 05/25/2009 - 03:41 PM

Indianapolis, IN Tony Kanaan suffered three broken ribs and is black and bruised all over from his massive accident in Sunday's Indianapolis 500 but the plucky veteran intends to run Milwaukee this weekend.
Tony Kanaan was lucky to walk away from his harrowing crash at Indy on Sunday, caused by a failed rear suspension piece. He'll race this weekend with broken bones and severe bruising. (LAT) » More Photos
"I'm a mess, I'm hurting all over and last night (Sunday) was the worst of my life but I am going to Milwaukee and I will be driving," said Kanaan, who crashed heavily when his suspension evidently broke on Lap 98. "I've got two and a half broken ribs, my right femur, my right knee and right foot are black, I've got big bruises on my hands, elbows and pelvis.

"But I ran Indy with a broken arm once and how can I not race when (Alex) Zanardi races without his legs and my buddies in 500 CC motorcycle racing still ride with broken arms, legs and shoulders. They would laugh at my injuries."

It was no laughing matter when Kanaan, running third at whistling down the back straightaway at 227 mph, suddenly had his 7-11 Dallara make a right turn into the wall. That sheared off the right side of the car and then he roared into the Turn 3 wall head-on with just the bare tub taking the impact. A deflated tire trapped between the tub and the wall likely helped reduced TK's injuries.

"That was the longest five seconds of my life," said the 2004 IRL champion. "After that first impact, I had no brakes so I took my hands off the wheel, put my head against the headrest and put my hands on my seat belt and waited for the impact.

"It was 175 Gs and the telemetry said I hit the wall going 195 mph so I have to thank Tony George for the safer walls and IndyCar for that extra panel they addedto the front of our cars. "Those two things saved me. I don't think I'd be here right now without them."

The 34-year-old Brazilian broke eight ribs at Detroit in 2000 and says it will take six weeks for his latest injuries to properly heal. "I'm going to spend all week in Indy taking treatments and seeing Dr. Trammell and Dr. Scheid," he said. "You can't do anything about the ribs so I'll get some extra padding on the right side of my seat.

"I'll manage the pain and I'll be fine. It only hurts when I laugh, cough, sneeze or move."

MEIRA OUT 4-6 MONTHS
Paul Tracy could replace Vitor Meira after the Brazilian learned his recovery will likely take through the end of the year. (LAT) » More Photos
Vitor Meira's broke two vertebrae just above his waist in his nasty tangle with Raphael Matos on Lap 174 and will be out of the rest of the season.

"Vitor's recovery time will be four to six months," said Dr. Terry Trammell. "His injuries are very similar to Bruno's (Junqueira), just not as severe. It was on the borderline or whether to operate or not but we decided it was best to treat it with a back brace.

"He was up this afternoon and he'll probably be released in a day or so."

Driving for A.J. Foyt, Meria was turning into Turn 1 when Matos hit his right rear and sent the 32-year-old Brazilian smashing into the outside barrier, where his car climbed the wall and rode around it all the way to the short chute on its side before coming back down on four wheels.

Larry Foyt was talking with Paul Tracy on Monday about replacing Meira in the ABC Supply Special this weekend at Milwaukee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Indianapolis 500 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500   Indianapolis 500 Empty

Back to top Go down

Indianapolis 500
Page 1 of 1