Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

He's an idiot!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

He's an idiot!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: He's an idiot!!!!!   He's an idiot!!!!! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 1:10 am

Whether this was planned/staged I think it was disrespectful. Rolling Eyes ~JMO
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

He's an idiot!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's an idiot!!!!!   He's an idiot!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

I haven't seen the race yet (hope to watch it tonight), but yes, that was a jerk move on Kyle's part. So disrespectful to the track, sponsors, and fans.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

He's an idiot!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's an idiot!!!!!   He's an idiot!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Sam Bass not happy
Quote :
Sam Bass, the longtime NASCAR artist who painted the Gibson guitar smashed by Kyle Busch after the Nashville Nationwide Series race on Saturday night, said he was “stunned and heartbroken” to see his work destroyed in victory lane.

Though Busch immediately told Bass he “meant no disrespect” to anyone – the artist, Gibson or the track – Bass said Monday he’s struggled to accept the incident.

“It’s like raising a child,” Bass said. “You start out with nothing and you finish it and you hope people will take care of it. And it was stunning, absolutely stunning to see that thing destroyed within seconds of him getting it.”

Bass said Busch told him he would order two more guitars from Gibson to be painted like the one that got smashed, and the artist said he understood the “rock-star thing” Busch was trying to accomplish.

“It’s his trophy, he can choose to do with it what he wants,” Bass said. “But I’m not going to lie about it. If he had asked me, ‘Hey, I’m thinking about destroying that trophy guitar whenever I win it, what do you think,’ of course I would have told him, ‘No! Please don’t. Let us give you a prop guitar.’”

The Gibson guitar has become the symbol of Nashville Superspeedway, and the one Busch smashed was the 30th designed by Bass, who said the trophy has come to be “a very revered piece of history … and revered by the fans here in Tennessee.”

Seeing Busch smash the guitar after getting out of the car upset both fans and sponsors. Bass noted that representatives from race sponsor Federated Auto Parts walked out of victory lane after Busch’s act.

Bass estimated that he and Gibson put “hundreds and hundreds of hours” of work into the guitar, which is so unique that “you can’t just buy this thing right off the shelf.”

“A guitar might be a guitar and he might have seen rock stars destroy them and things like that, but at the same time, this is a trophy,” Bass said. “You wouldn’t think he would destroy the Daytona trophy or the Brickyard trophy or something like that.

“This is much more than just a guitar somebody plays at a concert and beats the hell out of when they’re done. It symbolizes something much bigger, much greater – and that’s the part I don’t think he thought all the way through.”

After the race, Bass smiled in pictures with Busch and told reporters he was OK with Busch’s act. He said his feelings haven’t changed and he has no interest in criticizing Busch for what happened, preferring instead to stick to a personal philosophy of always taking the high road.

“I’m not going to accost him in victory lane or fuss at him and berate him,” Bass said. “If he told me he meant no disrespect, I’m going to take him at his word that he meant no disrespect.”

But Bass couldn’t help but wonder what would have happened if the situation were reversed.

“What if I won a contest to win Kyle Busch’s car?” he said. “Let’s say the crew prepares it and everything else and I accept it at an awards ceremony and just start beating the hell out of it.

“I don’t think they would appreciate that, it would hurt their feelings that they put their work and time and energy and effort into it.”

And what if Busch races at Nashville again next year?

“I joked with someone that if Kyle’s in the show, we’ll make an exact replica – only it’ll be a pillow,” he said.
~Scene Daily~
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

He's an idiot!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's an idiot!!!!!   He's an idiot!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 12:11 am

That's sad. Mad What an idiot.
I heard that the value of one of those guitar's is $25,000 - $35,000. Shocked
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

He's an idiot!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's an idiot!!!!!   He's an idiot!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 3:01 am

I can certainly understand how Sam Bass feels. I wouldn't be too happy either if I had put a lot of work on a trophy guitar only to see it get smashed as soon as the race winner recieved it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

He's an idiot!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's an idiot!!!!!   He's an idiot!!!!! EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:19 am

I agree with Bass. If Busch wanted to the do the move, give him a prop guitar like Bass said to smash and keep the real thing intact. I don't have a real big problem with Busch doing the whole smashing guitar thing, but do it with a prop! Not one that had so much time and effort put into it. Busch claims he wanted to share a piece of it with his crew, but I bet that didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

He's an idiot!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's an idiot!!!!!   He's an idiot!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

He's an idiot!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Fans :: General NASCAR Racing :: Nationwide Series-
Jump to: