Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JTG/Daugherty not shopping team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

JTG/Daugherty not shopping team Empty
PostSubject: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:19 am

Quote :
JTG/Daugherty not shopping team: JTG/Daugherty Racing team owner Tad Geschickter categorically denied that the organization is shopping for a new arrangement for Marcos Ambrose. Ambrose's #47 JTG/Daugherty Toyota team currently operates out of Michael Waltrip Racing. Geschickter said Saturday at NHMS that the arrangement with Waltrip is a one-year deal with an option but emphasized that he isn't looking to move his operation. Rumors had linked JTG/Daugherty with both a possible fourth car at Joe Gibbs Racing or a third car at Stewart-Haas Racing. "We're not shopping," Geschickter said. About reports that sponsor Little Debbie Snacks recently had increased its financial commitment to the team, Geschickter said, "I'm not allowed to talk about the terms of the contract, but they're very happy with our program."(Sporting News)
AND: JTG Daugherty Racing doesn’t have enough sponsorship to continue running Michael McDowell beyond next week’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Daytona International Speedway, team co-owner Tad Geschickter said Saturday. The team has sponsorship for Marcos Ambrose for the two Nationwide road-course events later this season but beyond that, Geschickter is not sure how many races the #47 car will run over the second half of the season. Tom’s snack company has sponsored the car for much of the first half of the season. Geschickter said the organization is concentrating on its Sprint Cup effort with driver Ambrose. The team is imbedded with Michael Waltrip Racing as part of a technical alliance. Whether that MWR relationship continues remains to be seen. “As far as what we’re doing next year, we haven’t started discussions with them yet,” Geschickter said. “We’ll have to renegotiate for the next year. … They’ve done a really good job. The secret’s been that we have integrated our people into their shop.”(SceneDaily)(6-28-2009)

This is more N'wide news then it is Cup.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:53 pm

McDowell spins out just about every week, anyway. I'd hate to see the team go down, I'd like more for them to get a driver that can actually get the job done. Wink
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 8:52 pm

how about kelly bires, he has shown he can get the job done & he ran great for KHI in the few races he ran. i think he deserves a chance again. he just needs a team that can provide competitive equipment. & he was a former ford driver Smile
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:47 am

Kelly is definitely the better choice. He has proved that he can get the job done. Too bad they let him go.
If I remember correctly the only reason McDowell got the ride was he came with sponsorship? I'm thinking the sponsors aren't too happy with him? ~idk
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 2:31 am

DeeDee wrote:
If I remember correctly the only reason McDowell got the ride was he came with sponsorship? I'm thinking the sponsors aren't too happy with him? ~idk

I think that is the case myself, and I truthfully find it hilarious when something like that happens. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:31 pm

Laughing yep!
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Yes, McDowell brought the Tom's sponsorship for the first half of the season.

Hope they can continue - the NW series needs all the teams it can get!
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 12:22 am

Quote :
UPDATE: The next race on the Nationwide Series schedule is in Chicago. But the driver currently 11th in the points won't be making the trip, unless something surprising happens. Michael McDowell's 16-race deal with #47-JTG Daugherty Racing is finished after Friday night's Subway Jalapeno 250, and barring a last-minute reprieve from out of the blue, he'll be on the outside looking in for the rest of the year. Co-owner Brad Daugherty said the decision to shutter the team had little to do with performance. Instead, it was a matter of allocation of resources, trying to stretch a limited amount of sponsorship money across two programs. "We're really trying to concentrate hard on our Cup effort, so it didn't make sense from a business model to take from that effort financially to keep this going. If somebody wants to come along and look at the opportunity, we'll be glad to do it, but this is what we planned on doing and we knew when we got to this point, it was going to be tough on everyone."(NASCAR.com)(7-3-2009)
UPDATE 2: JTG Daugherty Racing will show up at Chicagoland Speedway for the Nationwide Series race next week but how much it will race in the event and whether Michael McDowell will be in the seat remains to be seen. Funding to field a competitive ride for McDowell has run out, but team co-owner Tad Geschickter said Friday night the #47 car will show up at Chicagoland.(SceneDaily)(7-4-2009)

Kelly is on the Chicagoland entry list Very Happy
Quote :
31 47 Kelly Bires TBA 09 Toyota Jodi Geschickter
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:58 pm

Great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 9:09 pm

that is really good news! hope he has a great run.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 10:03 pm

Same here. Kelly is a good driver.
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:47 pm

apparetly daugherty had kelly just start-&-park Sad but kelly is on the entry list, probably as a start-&-park again
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:35 pm

They are gonna start and park the car just to keep it in the top 35 in points so Marcos can run it at the road course.
Unless funding comes up.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:21 pm

If you ask me, I say the way Kelly is being treated there is not right. First, he gets kicked out and then asked to come back just to start-and-park the car. I really hope he finds another team for next season.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:10 am

Quote :
Harvick set on 2010 sponsorship; Bires in the #33 for some races? Kevin Harvick Inc. owner Kevin Harvick said sponsorship for his #33 team is set for next year, and he hopes to have only two drivers in the car in 2010. KHI has fielded the #33 full time this season with six drivers, including Harvick. “We’re all set for next year,” Harvick said after qualifying for Saturday night’s Missouri-Illinois Dodge Dealers 250 at Gateway International Raceway. “It’ll be pretty much the same thing with myself for the majority of the races and probably a few less drivers. We’re working on getting that part situated, but sponsorships all done.” Harvick said he hopes “it’ll be a younger guy,” perhaps Kelly Bires, who has driven KHI’s car in two races this year, finishing fourth and 10th. “I really like Kelly Bires,” Harvick said. “Cale Gale’s done an OK job, but I really like the Bires route, if he’d be interested in that.”(SceneDaily)(7-18-2009)

Good for Kelly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 1:07 am

Great! Cool
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Getting to run 10-12 races will be a great opportunity for Kelly to really showcase his talent. Maybe he'll run well enough that another team (or Harvick) will let him run the full season.

I certainly think Kelly has enough talent to be a competitive Sprint Cup driver.
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 2:57 pm

no doubt kelly will have better equipment with KHI than with JTG i would think. although i'd rather see him in a ford Wink. actually i'm just happy that kelly is getting another chance, he definitly deserves it! go kelly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JTG/Daugherty not shopping team   JTG/Daugherty not shopping team Empty

Back to top Go down

JTG/Daugherty not shopping team
Page 1 of 1