Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Latest on Mayfield ......

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Latest on Mayfield ...... Empty
PostSubject: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:44 am

Quote :
Latest on Mayfield, 2nd test by independent lab: Testing performed by an independent laboratory supported the results that left Sprint Cup driver Jeremy Mayfield indefinitely suspended for failing NASCAR's substance abuse policy, court documents said. Results of the test and the name of the individual tested were blacked out, but a NASCAR spokesman confirmed they were identical. The documents, part of NASCAR's response to Mayfield's lawsuit to have his indefinite suspension lifted, show that Medtox Laboratories in Minnesota tested both his "A" and backup "B" samples last week and "confirmed the presence" of a substance that is blacked out in the filing. NASCAR claims Mayfield tested positive for a "dangerous, illegal, banned substance" and should not be allowed back on the track. It was revealed in open court two weeks ago that the drug was amphetamines. ESPN the Magazine's Ryan McGee, citing multiple sources, said it was methamphetamines. Mayfield's attorneys claim that NASCAR's drug testing program does not meet federal workplace guidelines. They argue that Mayfield did not give permission for the "B" sample to be tested after the "A" sample came back positive and that the "B" sample should have been tested at an independent laboratory. They said since proper procedure was not used and because the "B" sample was compromised when opened, thus not giving Mayfield the opportunity to send it to a second lab, that the entire test should be invalid. Both samples originally were tested by Aegis Laboratory, the Nashville Tenn.-based facility NASCAR employs to run its testing program. The most recent test was conducted at MedTox Laboratories in St. Paul, Minn. All the evidence will be dealt with at a Wednesday [July 1st] hearing in U.S. District Court, where Mayfield is seeking a temporary restraining order that would allow him back in the car, possibly as early as Saturday night's race at Daytona International Speedway.(see full story at ESPN.com), see much past news about this on my NASCAR Drug Policy News page.(6-30-2009)
~Jayski

It's time for Mayfield to realize that he done.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:18 pm

Quote :
NASCAR: Mayfield positive for meth: NASCAR has confirmed suspended driver Jeremy Mayfield tested positive for methamphetamines. The confirmation from NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston came Wednesday after Mayfield's attorney mentioned the illegal substance several times during a 45-minute argument against the suspension. Mayfield has denied using methamphetamines. He's in federal court in Charlotte, N.C., trying to have his suspension lifted in time to race this weekend at Daytona International Speedway. Mayfield lawyer Bill Diehl argued that NASCAR's testing system is flawed because Mayfield was never given the opportunity to have his backup "B" sample tested by an independent laboratory. The court recessed after Diehl's argument and will reconvene at 2pm/et.(Associated Press/ESPN), see much past news about this on my NASCAR Drug Policy News page.(7-1-2009)

Quote :

Mayfield wins injunction: UPDATE 2: Independence Day came a few days early for suspended Sprint Cup driver Jeremy Mayfield, as a federal judge granted him a temporary injunction allowing him to race this weekend. The ruling, made Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Charlotte by senior Judge Graham Mullen, lifted his suspension for failing NASCAR's substance abuse policy and allows him to return as the driver/owner of his #41 team in time for Saturday night's race at Daytona International Speedway. Mullen said in granting the injunction that the irreparable harm appeared to be greater for Mayfield than NASCAR.(ESPN.com)(7-1-2009)
UPDATE: NASCAR chairman Brian France said the organization has no immediate plans to file an appeal, but he didn't rule it out. "We are disappointed, but we respect the judge's ruling," NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said in a statement. "This is only a temporary injunction. The legal case continues beyond this point, and we will continue to make our case." (Associated Press)(7-1-2009)
UPDATE 2: ESPN's David Newton reported on Wednesday's NASCAR Now that Mayfield probably does not have time to get his #41 team down to Daytona for this week's race, but that he could be in the #64 for Larry Gunselman.(7-1-2009)
Wow, I can't believe this Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 11:18 pm

must be something that we don't know

rumor is at RNO that the judge said it was such a high amount found that his teeth would be rotting out- hair falling out....etc

I've always thought Jeremy should win part of the case..... the part of being able to be owner, but I wasn't sure about the rest............

How could legally nascar force him to give up ownership? I thought the US government were the only ones that could legally steal and force new ownership..... Anyone have an explanation for me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:10 am

I don't know if NASCAR could force him to give up ownership. That's a good question.

Quote :
Mayfield not at Daytona as garage opens: UPDATE 2: Car owners #64-Larry Gunselman and #36-Tommy Baldwin say they will not put Jeremy Mayfield in their cars this weekend at Daytona International Speedway. Gunselman says his sponsor, Fred's, does not want Mayfield in the car. Baldwin says Mayfield has too much baggage to drive his car. Mayfield's indefinite suspension for a failed drug test was lifted by a federal judge on Wednesday, allowing him to race this weekend. His team was not at the track when the garage opened Thursday, which NASCAR initially said was the deadline for the #41 to enter the race. NASCAR now says Mayfield has until 3 p.m. to bring Mayfield Motorsports to the track.(Associated Press)(7-2-2009)
UPDATE: [Mayfield] can drive for someone else or bring his own #41 Toyota to the track, but the $5,005 late entry fee is daunting for the cash-strapped Mayfield. He said in an affidavit last week that he laid off 10 employees, borrowed money from family and had to sell personal assets to cover his living expenses. Phil Parsons said he'd keep Dave Blaney in his #66 car, and Joe Nemechek said he had no intention of giving up his seat in his #87. (Associated Press)(7-2-2009)
UPDATE 2: Jeremy Mayfield has missed the deadline to enter his car into Saturday night's race at Daytona International Speedway. He had an afternoon deadline Thursday to bring the #41 Toyota to the track, and it passed with no sign of Mayfield or his race team.(Associated Press)(7-2-2009)
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:20 pm

No sponsors. No one else wants him in their car. He has no money. He is done.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 1:42 am

Quote :
Mayfield releases letter; hopes to be a Chicago:
To all my fans, friends and fellow competitors:
First and foremost, Shana and I want to thank all of you who have supported us. To say that the last two months have been two of the worst months of my entire life is an understatement. The only event I can think of that brought me even greater pain was the loss of my father in 2007.
Last Wednesday's ruling by Judge Mullen was a giant step towards clearing my name and getting the 41 car back on the track. Our hope was to bring our team to Daytona this weekend to qualify and race in the Coke Zero 400. For those who know me well, there is nothing in the world that I would rather do than race for you all on the 4th of July. Following Judge Mullen's ruling, we had less than twenty-four hours to prepare the car, assemble a team, get sponsorship and travel to Daytona. Ultimately, we were unable to get this done in time. We've received several phone calls from friends and fans as well as friends in the media wondering if we would be coming to Daytona this weekend, anyway. We've decided that our time is best spent back here in North Carolina working around the clock to try and secure the funding needed to get the 41 car to Chicago and beyond. Shana and I as well as everyone at Mayfield Motorsports will do everything in our power to race next weekend.
Finally, we've been watching on television and reading online about the "Storm Clouds Over Daytona" and the "Mayfield Media Circus." Honestly, this is the last thing Shana or I want for anybody. This weekend shouldn't be about a questionable drug test or a flawed drug testing system. It should be about celebrating our country, the greatest country in the world. So, enjoy the weekend with your friends and family, and have a very happy Independence Day. We look forward to seeing you all at the track very soon.
Thanks again for keeping us in your hearts and prayers.
Jeremy and Shana Mayfield
(Mayfield PR)(7-4-2009)

Sorry Jeremy, we really don't want you at Chicagoland.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 6:18 pm

NASCAR is a private sport - how can a judge make them let Mayfield drive? They don't have to let anyone race. They don't have to grant a NASCAR liscense to people they don't want in... right?
I'm confused about this decision - I think it's the wrong decision, too.

But, I still agree with Matt... no money, no sponsors, no owners that want him. He's done.

The main sports story in the Jacksonville (FL) newspaper was about Mayfield the other day, with the title - "UNWANTED".
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:02 pm

well Idk about the driver side but I still don't understand how nascar thinks it has the right to determine owners..... I support the decision 100% in that regards but idk about the driver side......NASCAR is not the government so they don't have the right to steal like the government........ YES, that was a knock on the gov there
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 12:16 am

Quote :
NASCAR appeals judge's decision on Mayfield: NASCAR has asked a federal judge to reverse his ruling and keep driver Jeremy Mayfield off the track. NASCAR filed the motion asking U.S. District Court Judge Graham Mullen to reinstate Mayfield's ban. The latest twist comes after Mullen's decision last week to grant an injunction clearing him to compete. Mullen said the chance of a false positive on his drug test was "quite substantial." NASCAR disputes Mullen's conclusion, and says Mayfield poses a threat to public safety. NASCAR also filed a notice saying it plans to bring the case before a federal appeals court.(Associated Press), for more information about Mayfield's supension and lawsuit, see the NASCAR drug policy page.(7-6-2009)

Quote :
Mayfield not on Chicago entry list: NASCAR driver #41-Jeremy Mayfield's name isn't on the entry list for Saturday's race at Chicagoland Speedway. Mayfield, whose drug suspension was overturned by a federal judge last week, still could attempt to qualify for the race. Under NASCAR rules, teams have until one hour before the first practice to register. That gives Mayfield until Thursday afternoon, but he would have to pay a penalty. Mayfield admitted in court filings that his Mayfield Motorsports team is struggling financially. He also could make the race if hired to drive for another team.(Associated Press/ESPN.com), see my Chicago Entry List page for the current entries.(7-6-2009)
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Dog wrote:
well Idk about the driver side but I still don't understand how nascar thinks it has the right to determine owners..... I support the decision 100% in that regards but idk about the driver side......NASCAR is not the government so they don't have the right to steal like the government........ YES, that was a knock on the gov there

NASCAR is a private sport - IMO, they should have the right to allow or deny anyone to participate in ANY way.

If they don't want you to be an owner, why should they have to let you? They own the business.
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 8:36 pm

NASCAR doesn't own Mayfield's company therefor imo they have 0 right to tell who can or can not own it

being a private sport should have nothing to do when you are the OWNER
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 9:55 pm

He can own cars if he wants to, but NASCAR doesn't have to let the cars that he owns race in THEIR series. Wink
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 10:01 pm

Yep, since there isn't anything like a Drivers Association or Union, they're basically independent contractors. Jeremy has been pretty adamant that he is innocent, though. What a mess.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:57 am

Quote :
Mayfield may have sponsor for Indy? If Jeremy Mayfield’s injunction against NASCAR is upheld during upcoming court proceedings, he may have a sponsor for the July 26 Allstate 400 at the Brickyard—and beyond. In an interview Friday with Full Throttle Autos Online, Robert Craddock, the Florida-based owner of SmallSponsor.com, expressed his confidence in Mayfield’s innocence despite a failed drug test in May. "How many years has Jeremy been doing this? Has there ever been an indication [of a drug problem] in all those years?” Craddock said. “I think the answer is no.” Craddock went on to call the test “completely bogus,” citing reports that Mayfield would be dead if he tested positive at the level of methamphetamine NASCAR says he did. To that end, Craddock says he’s in very positive discussions with a Fortune 500-level company that would be willing to join SmallSponsor.com as a co-primary sponsor of Mayfield’s #41 Camry. Even if that partnership didn’t develop, Craddock said SmallSponsor.com has funding to support Mayfield. “We could definitely support it, but it’s like everything else, you can never have enough money,” Craddock said of his company, which funded Mayfield Motorsports prior to the driver’s suspension and for a brief period after J.J. Yeley was put into the car. Bobby Wooten, team manager of Mayfield Motorsports, was noncommittal about Craddock’s promises, although he called Craddock a friend of the team and said he was working hard to help put the #41 back on the track. “We’re waiting for Robert to get everything put together,” Wooten said. “If he can bring to the table what he says he can, we’ll be more than glad to get out there with him.” Craddock says Mayfield’s suspension has held up big plans for the company, including a national television ad campaign and potentially naming rights to a Cup race at Michigan International Speedway. “They’re shooting the hands that have literally been feeding them,” Craddock said of NASCAR delaying his program during a soft sponsorship and advertising climate.(Full Throttle Autos)(7-15-2009)

Quote :
NASCAR: Mayfield again tests positive for meth: NASCAR says Jeremy Mayfield has again tested positive for methamphetamine and wants the federal judge who lifted the driver's drug suspension to reinstate the ban. The positive result from a July 6 random test was included in a U.S. District Court filing Wednesday. The filing includes an affidavit from Mayfield's stepmother, who claims she personally witnessed the driver using methamphetamine at least 30 times over seven years. NASCAR says in its filings that the "A" sample had levels of methamphetamine consistent with habitual users who consume high doses. The filing also claims Mayfield and his attorneys have failed to select a qualified laboratory to test the backup "B" sample.(Associated Press)
AND The general manager of Jeremy Mayfield's race team says he has left the organization because he doesn't believe Mayfield Motorsports will return to the race track. Bobby Wooten says he was the last remaining employee. The team was started this season, and Mayfield said in court documents he had to lay off 10 employees since NASCAR suspended him in May for failing a random drug test. A federal judge has lifted that suspension, but Mayfield did not bring the #41 Toyota to the track in the two races since he was reinstated. Wooten says he does not believe Mayfield has any interest in resurrecting the team.(Associated Press)(7-15-2009)
Jeremy Methfield is done!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:08 pm

He has made an absolute fool of himself. All this running around and claiming innocence - then he tests positive again?

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:08 am

Yep.
I think it's time for him to zip is lip. Evertime he opens his mouth he doesn't realize how foolish he sounds Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:53 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
He can own cars if he wants to, but NASCAR doesn't have to let the cars that he owns race in THEIR series. Wink

I guess that would be true, but still they have no right to tell an owner that they can't own
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:39 pm

They didn't say he couldn't own some cars, they just said he can't own cars that race in NASCAR. Wink
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:41 pm

Mayfield claims NASCAR spiked his sample
Quote :
WBTV Reporter Sarah Batista interviewed Mayfield at his home in Catawba County Thursday night. He accuses NASCAR of conspiring against him. "I've never done meth," Mayfield said. Mayfield says there's no doubt in his mind that NASCAR is trying to make an example out of him but he says he's not going down without a fight. NASCAR says Mayfield tested positive once again for methamphetamine on July 6th less than two months after he was suspended for a similar infraction. Mayfield told WBTV the results of this test were not accurate. He claims the results turned up positive because he took allergy medicine and Adderal for his Attention Deficit Disorder. "When you look at 15 tests since May 1st, and two have tested positive, why are they all negative for meth except two?" Mayfield asked. He claims the only reason NASCAR won't let him have the backup samples retested is because they "doctored it up" and "spiked my urine." WBTV learned from a source on Thursday that Mayfield has sold his race shop and equipment located on Highway 49 in Harrisburg, NC.
~Jayski

This is so ridiculous. He really needs to give it up. NASCAR spiked his urine? He's really stretching it now.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 10:47 pm

ridiculous! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:41 am

wooooooooooooooooooow now that's getting out there
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:13 pm

He just needs to realize that he is DONE!
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 6:11 pm

Am I the only one who thinks this is not even remotely believable? Sounds like a load of bologna if you ask me.
Quote :
Mayfield working on 'big' sponsor deal, seeking ride: Jeremy Mayfield, who says he's "80% there" on getting a major sponsorship deal that might enable him to once again drive in the Sprint Cup Series, isn't on the entry list for Sunday's Allstate 400 at the Brickyard. But that doesn't mean he won't be at Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend. Mayfield spoke by phone Tuesday morning, prior to meeting his legal team to discuss his ongoing court battle over NASCAR suspending him from competition as either an owner or a driver as of May 9, due to a positive result for methamphetamine in a random drug test taken May 1 at Richmond International Raceway. "I'd like to come to Indy just to come watch, and to try to get a ride," Mayfield said. "We're working on sponsorship deals as we speak and I'm telling you, if this works out, it's going to be big. And what's funny is, it could be big in all kinds of different ways, and all I needed was [NASCAR's] support, and to work with me on this. They could have had races sponsored and tracks sponsored and I could have been with one of their big teams with a big sponsor and I guess they don't want that, because I didn't need them to get it." NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said that he is "unfamiliar with the possible sponsor opportunity" that Mayfield references. Yet, Mayfield's description of the company he's talking to was vivid. "Sounds like a union, doesn't it?" Mayfield said. "Imagine if they got involved, and they're behind me 200 percent right now. America's not about a dictatorship no more and it never was."(NASCAR.com)(7-23-2009)

May test his hair...
Quote :
Mayfield's hair may be tested: The back and forth between NASCAR and driver Jeremy Mayfield over drug allegations has gotten so bad that in Mayfield's latest statement he describes the humiliation of having to go to the bathroom while someone watched. So what could bring it all to an end? It turns out it could come down to a piece of hair. "It's like the bully in school," Jeremy Mayfield told NewsChannel 36 last week. "Every three to five days I go get tested." Who ends up in victory lane may come down to the difference between urinating in a cup and pulling a hair. "The drug that is incorporated into your hair -- it stays there. You get a record, basically, of drug use with the hair," said Dr. Ruth Winecker, the chief toxicologist for the North Carolina Medical Examiner's Office. She says there's no messing with hair. But no one has tested Mayfield's hair, just his urine samples. "There are techniques people can use to try to cheat the system," Winecker said. That's exactly what both sides have accused each other of doing. NASCAR says Mayfield diluted his urine even before testing positive for meth, and Mayfield says NASCAR did something to his urine. NewsChannel 36 asked Mayfield's attorney if they'll be testing his hair as the judge in the case suggested several weeks ago. Attorney John Buric told us they are looking at the possibility, but right now they have been told Mayfield's hair is too short.(NewsChannel 36)(7-23-2009)

~Jayski~
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:25 pm

I think that any sponsor whatsoever would be crazy to sign with him after what has happened.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:32 pm

Quote :
Am I the only one who thinks this is not even remotely believable? Sounds like a load of bologna if you ask me.
It's bologna! I just don't see that happening. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest on Mayfield ......   Latest on Mayfield ...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest on Mayfield ......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next