Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out Empty
PostSubject: Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out   Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:42 pm

We were top 7 and looking to have a great finish with less then 40 laps to go and Jr. gets into us when we are in 8th place.
Back to top Go down
eehwkram

PostSubject: Re: Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out   Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:45 pm

It's a rough ending, but I'm not going to let it take away from the great run by the entire 98 team tonight. Watching racing was fun tonight. We were on TV and getting talked about a lot more than we have in the last several years. Great run Paul. Keep your head up and keep up the good work!!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out   Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:53 pm

I'm so furious I could spit nails I'm tired of YATES Driver being nice guys DAM TIRED
Back to top Go down
eehwkram

PostSubject: Re: Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out   Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Yatesracing wrote:
I'm so furious I could spit nails I'm tired of YATES Driver being nice guys DAM TIRED

I'm no Jr. apologist by any stretch of the imagination, but he just kept coming up and coming up, forcing us up against the wall and out of room. If we wouldn't have cut the tire, we might have lost a spot or two, but we would still be in it with time to make it up. I hate it when the person who causes the wreck drives away and the innocent driver has to pay the price.

Still a very good run by Menard and hopefully a confidence builder.

BTW... they need to put him in all the Nationwide races this year...
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out   Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:08 pm

I didn't see it but if it was intentional , he should have been back flaged.
Back to top Go down
eehwkram

PostSubject: Re: Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out   Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:29 pm

Yatesracing wrote:
I didn't see it but if it was intentional , he should have been back flaged.

Nah, it wasn't intentional at all. He was under us and kept coming up the track, eventually forcing us into the wall while he hit the left side, flattening our tire, we spin and hit the wall. It was Jr's fault, but he didn't do it on purpose.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out   Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Paul ran a really solid race last night. Was really disappointed when the 88 took him out.

Hope he keeps up the good work.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out   Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 4:36 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Paul ran a really solid race last night. Was really disappointed when the 88 took him out.

Hope he keeps up the good work.
He commented after the race that his car was good and fast and was expecting a good finish.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out   Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 8:35 pm

few commentss about Menard at Chicagoland-----

On lap 131 the caution flag waved again for debris on the track. During the caution period the No. 98 came down pit road for four tires and fuel. Menard noted the car was great and did not feel like he needed any adjustments.

On lap 157, Menard made a pass in turn three to crack the top 10. After breaking his way in, there was no looking back for Menard. With the No. 98 team on the wall cheering on each lap, Menard worked his way into the eighth position.

After two more pit stops, Menard and the No. 98 team proved to be one of the best cars on the track and were on their way to a solid finish for the evening. However, on lap 226, Menard was racing the No. 88 of Dale Earnhardt, Jr., and the two made contact coming out of turn four. The side-by-side contact cut down the left rear tire on the No. 98, sending him spinning into the outside retaining wall and eventually coming to rest on the infield of turn one.

Menard was able to drive his No. 98 back to pit road, but after a brief look, Carter directed Menard to the garage, where it was determined the damage was too much to return to the speedway. The No. 98 team loaded up their Ford Fusion, and were forced to leave with a disappointing 35th-place
finish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out   Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn good run by Menard until Jr. takes us out
Page 1 of 1