Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33 Empty
PostSubject: Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33   Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 2:18 am

Quote :
NASCAR officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33-Chevy UPDATE:Rear-end housing confiscated: Hearing that prior to qualifying, NASCAR inspectors confiscated the rear-end of the #33-KHI Chevy of driver, Ron Hornaday Jr. Apparently officials allowed Hornaday's team to pull the rear-end out of the backup truck for Hornaday to use for the race.(7-18-2009)
UPDATE: During the pre-race broadcast on SPEEDtv, Ray Dunlap confirmed that during prerace inspection the rear-end housing of the #33-KHI Chevy was found to be offset and outside the provisions of the NASCAR rule book. As a result, the part was confiscated by NASCAR officials, and more than likely, penalties will come down from NASCAR early next week.(7-18-2009)

I hope they fine him & the team big time.
I've been very disappointed with the Truck series this season. I haven't watched many races. When Kyle races I don't watch....... When he doesn't, it's Hornaday. BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now this. Rolling Eyes Mad
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33   Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 7:12 pm

I have really lost interest in the truck races this year, too. Hornaday wins every race that Kyle's not in.

The race yesterday was pretty good, but still, I am sick of watching Hornaday win. Hope they find something with that rear end housing.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33   Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:01 am

I'm hoping for a BIG penalty. Razz
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33   Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 4:15 pm

NASCAR gave them no points penalty:

Quote :
NASCAR penalizes #33-Crew Chief for rules infractions at Kentucky: Rick Ren, crew chief for the #33 team in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, has been fined and placed on probation for rule infractions committed this past weekend at Kentucky Speedway. The No. 33 truck was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-I (any determination by NASCAR Officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20B-12A (mounting points on the axle housing must be evenly spaced and welded to prevent movement; mounting points were not evenly spaced) of the 2009 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series rule book. The infractions occurred during opening day inspection on July 17. Ren has been fined $5,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.(NASCAR PR)
~Jayski

Unbelievable. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33   Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:03 am

Wow! I don't believe it. Shocked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33   Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 12:56 am

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33   Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Officials confiscate parts from KHI's #33
Page 1 of 1