Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates? Empty
PostSubject: Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates?   Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:25 am

UPS is spending big $$$$ to make Regan the new face of UPS Racing. I can't imagine them being happy if they had to head back to Yates unless of course Roush promised (contractually) that he would do more to help improve Yates.

From Jayski:

Ragan the odd man out at Roush? Who will be the odd man out at Roush Fenway Racing? According to published reports, Roush Fenway president Geoff Smith is putting together a sponsor package that would keep #26-Jamie McMurray in the fold. McMurray, whose contract expires after this season, has been speculated as the most likely to be moved to satellite team, Yates Racing, to get Roush to four teams. If McMurray stays then #6-David Ragan becomes the top candidate to leave because #17-Matt Kenseth, #99-Carl Edwards and #16-Greg Biffle signed new deals within the last year. A decision on restructuring should come by September at the latest. Roush has until next season to move from five to four teams as NASCAR mandated when it put a cap on teams.(ESPN Insider)(7-21-2009) Comment here
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates?   Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:58 am

I think that David is a better driver than Jamie. And, David already has a sponsor lined up for next year. I will be surprised if Jack let's Ragan go unless major changes take place at Yates. My opinion is that Jamie will either go to Yates or leave altogether. If Danica was to come into the fold however, I could see Jamie out and Ragan to Yates. JMO
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates?   Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:02 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I think that David is a better driver than Jamie. And, David already has a sponsor lined up for next year. I will be surprised if Jack let's Ragan go unless major changes take place at Yates. My opinion is that Jamie will either go to Yates or leave altogether. If Danica was to come into the fold however, I could see Jamie out and Ragan to Yates. JMO
Ragan would be great if UPS came back home with him
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates?   Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:04 am

UPS' deal runs thru next season, so I imagine they will go with Ragan wherever he goes.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates?   Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:00 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
UPS' deal runs thru next season, so I imagine they will go with Ragan wherever he goes.
I can't see Roush giving UPS to his Satellite, Alliance, (call it what you may)Team( and I'm being kind) That would be hard to believe unless the money goes in ONE BIG POT.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates?   Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates? EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 6:51 pm

Yatesracing wrote:
TeamBlueOval wrote:
I can't see Roush giving UPS to his Satellite, Alliance, (call it what you may)Team( and I'm being kind) That would be hard to believe unless the money goes in ONE BIG POT.

To be nice, I didn't see UPS wanting to go back to Yates. They're not the team they were back when UPS last sponsored them. In any event, that is correct because UPS has announced that David will remain the driver of the #6, and they will sponsor it in 2010.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates?   Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Regan be the one shipped to Yates?
Page 1 of 1