Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

08 cup car?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

08 cup car? Empty
PostSubject: 08 cup car?   08 cup car? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:21 am

on jayskis they say the 08 car will be driven by either boris said or terry labonte for the race. why is there even a discussion? i would think boris would be the obvious choice or am i missing something? the only reason i can think of is that terry has the PCP, but unless boris wrecks or has a problem i know boris is the better choice. and will boris be driving a ford or toyota? b/c the last few races terry has been driving a toyota.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

08 cup car? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 cup car?   08 cup car? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 4:55 pm

If Boris drives the car, it will be a Ford.

I think it's absurd that there is a discussion about this, too. I think it is possible that Boris got a better offer, though. He said on NASCAR Now that he would be in the race, but didn't mention a car number. Could he be in steppping into someone else's car? Or, maybe the Wood Bros. are gonna bring a post-entry car to the track for him? They mentioned that they would like to run him at the Glen in their car if possible.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

08 cup car? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 cup car?   08 cup car? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:08 pm

i heard that too about the running for the wood brothers, i seriously hope he does decide to run for the woods, though i'm sure it's a long shot.

and does boris have a contract with ford or something like that? he always seems to run fords Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

08 cup car? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 cup car?   08 cup car? EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:13 pm

I think Boris has some sort of agreement with Roush Fenway to provide support to him in exchange for training their drivers on the road courses.

The reason that Terry was listed in the car was a pretty good one... it was in case of rain - Terry would run the race if qualifying was rained out because he could get the PC provisional. Since the weather was good, Boris ran it.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

08 cup car? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 cup car?   08 cup car? EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:17 pm

that makes sense, good call.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

08 cup car? Empty