Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010

Go down 
+2
jiggastyles09
DeeDee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:27 am

Quote :
Busch not running full time in 2010: Kyle Busch joined members of the media on Tuesday night, Aug. 4, 2009 for dinner in Dover. During an interivew he was asked about Nationwide plans for next season. "The plan was last year when we were winning all the Nationwide races and running really well. The plan was initially to go full season and then I felt like our Cup stuff sort of stalled. We cut it back. I didn't go to Milwaukee. I didn't go to Nashville, and I didn't go to a couple others...We thought about it and how our cars are really good and Joe and J.D. (Gibbs) said man wouldn't it be cool to have a Nationwide championship solely JGR owner and driver points, and so I said I want to do it. I want to win a Nationwide championship. Anybody would so our cars have been strong enough and that's why we have done it. We won six races this year. It's been good and maybe it's taken a little bit away from the Cup effort. I don't think it has but were already talking about next year and cutting it back and getting our Cup efforts back up to where they need to be. Hopefully we can get it down to about 22 or 24 Nationwide Series races, just companion stuff not flying all over the place."(Dover Speedway PR)(8-5-2009)
OMG!!!!! I almost fell off my seat when I read this. cheers
It's funny cus I sent an email to JGR just last week suggesting that KB not devote so much attention to the lessor series, so he can give 100% attention to his Cup ride Wink ..... seeing that he's not in the top 12/Chase now and reminding them how he choked when he was in the chase last year. Razz

By the way I actually got a reply back. Surprised
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:41 am

yeah he has fallen off in cup' although i still believe he WILL make the chase. however, i wouldn't be that dissapointed if he didn't make it lol.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:43 am

I hope he doesn't make it. Razz
Would serve him right Twisted Evil Laughing
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:05 am

Quote :
Busch running out of time to make Chase

By DAN GELSTON
AP Sports Writer

DOVER, Del. (AP) -- Kyle Busch is known for being fearless in pursuit of victory - and grouchy when he doesn't achieve it.

When he's second or worse, look out. Other teams' crew chiefs and crews often ask Busch why he's so prickly, even when he's running as high as second place and always a threat to win.

"Well, I'm Kyle Busch," he said. "I'm supposed to win races. That's what I'm here to do. I'm supposed to be the guy that everybody's chasing. I'm supposed to be the guy that's hardest to beat out there."

But the driver to beat is beating himself up over an underachieving season in Sprint Cup that has him positioned on the outside of a Chase for the championship spot with five races remaining before the 12-driver field is frozen. Busch is the one who finds himself doing the chasing. It's not easy, but it's definitely not over.

"If you don't make the Chase, ultimately you run the rest of the year for nothing," Busch said.

Full Article Here
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:58 am

I really doubt Kyle will make it, he's starting to put a lot of pressure on himself and unlike others, he's starting to show cracks. He's not going to be a Cup champion until he learns to take the good times as well as the bad times, like Jimmie Johnson does.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:57 am

I hope he doesn't make it! Twisted Evil Glad he's not going to run full time NW next year... he ruins those races...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:11 pm

YAY!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 4:47 am

Sorry... but I hope Carl follows suit and doesn't run AGAIN either.

I don't know how you feel, but I think the CUP drivers are killing this series. I'd love to get back to having an actual NW series winner/champion!!! That would be SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:09 pm

It has already been announced that Carl WILL run full time again in 2010.
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:15 pm

i agree that their should be something done about cup guys running in both series. but i guess it helps bring people to the track. they should limit the amount of races the cup guys can run & not let them run for a title in NW. but i don't blame carl, i just think he likes competition & as long as NASCAR approves of it, he's not doing anything wrong.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 12:48 am

I too don't believe these Cup drivers should be given an opportunity to race for titles in NW, but they should still be able to race a limited schedule if they wish... half the year sounds good to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 12:53 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
It has already been announced that Carl WILL run full time again in 2010.
I know. But that doesn't mean that Jack can't change his mind.

I agree with jiggastyles09. But, I think that these drivers wouldn't race in this series if they couldn't get the winnings. Let's see how much they love racing if they only got a trophy. No championship and no money. Leave the money in the series and just reward them with a trophy. I think they wouldn't love it so much. ~JMO
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 5:04 am

^ I'm sure the Nationwide sponsors would be more than happy to support a NW-only driver in that case. Wink
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:07 pm

Jack isn't going to change his mind ... as long as Carl wants to do it and NASCAR will let him, I don't think Jack is going to say anything... Wink
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 5:48 pm

WONDERFUL news!
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 12:46 am

Quote :
Kyle Busch may run full Nationwide season in 2010? #18-Kyle Busch hasn't announced he'll defend his Nationwide Series championship next year, but Busch indicated over lunch earlier this week in Miami Beach there might be a scenario under which he would try for a second title. As it stands now, Busch intends to run all the Nationwide races that are companion events to Sprint Cup events in 2010. His schedule also may include a few stand-alone Nationwide events during off-weeks for Cup. "I think 24 to 27 (races) is what we're planning," Busch said. "The races haven't been quite all worked out yet." Whatever the final number, Busch has to run the bulk of the Nationwide schedule in his #18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota to keep sponsors interested in the program. "We're going to do a combination next year where Kyle's going to run, (and) we're going to split that car up some," JGR president J.D. Gibbs said. "We love being on the Nationwide side, because it allows you to bring in young guys. Whether its crew guys, pit crews, driverswe've got (driver) Matt DiBenedetto next year for sure and one other young guy, and it gives them an opportunity." Busch also admitted that how well he starts the season may factor into whether he lobbies Gibbs to run the full Nationwide schedule. Eleven of the first 12 Nationwide races are companion events. The fifth race of the season, at Nashville, is scheduled for April 3, an open week for the Cup series. Asked whether there might be circumstances under which he would defend his title, Busch nodded. Gibbs shook his head emphatically, indicating, "No."
"I'll talk him into it," Busch said.(Sporting News)(11-28-2009)
Mad
I really hope Gibb's doesn't let him.

I'll watch the COT and Road course races next season.... that's it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010   No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

No full time Nationwide Series for Kyle Busch in 2010
Page 1 of 1