Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chicagoland Speedway New To Series

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Chicagoland Speedway New To Series Empty
PostSubject: Chicagoland Speedway New To Series   Chicagoland Speedway New To Series EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 12:48 am

Quote :
Chicagoland Speedway New To Series, Not For Everyone
TruckSeries.com Report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One might assume an inaugural event at a track new to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series would find everyone on equal footing.

Not necessarily so.

Chicagoland Speedway, host to Friday night's EnjoyIllinois.com 225, has been part of both NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series schedules since 2001.

Kyle Busch (No. 51 Miccosukee Resort/Red Top Auction Toyota) won last year's NASCAR Sprint Cup LifeLock.com 400 as well as the companion Dollar General 300. Busch will drive in Friday's race hoping to complete the track's national series triple before flying north for the NAPA Auto Parts 200 presented by Dodge at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal.

"The biggest thing I learned last year was the track didn't change much. It just got cooler and gained grip," said Busch, who has wins in all three national series at four different tracks. "Winning both races at Chicago last year - it was just a great weekend."

Busch isn't the only driver doing double duty this week. Colin Braun (No. 6 Con-way Freight Ford) also will head for Montreal following Friday night's race.

Raybestos Rookie of the Year candidate Johnny Sauter (No. 13 Fun Sand/Curb Records/Rodney Adkins Chevrolet) won the Dollar General 300 in 2002 with Todd Bodine (No. 30 Ventrilo Toyota) second after winning the pole. Bodine also was the pole winner for the inaugural NASCAR Sprint Cup race in 2001.

"Germain Racing's done a lot of testing there. We've run really well," said Bodine, who hopes to make up some of the points he lost at Bristol where he finished 32nd and fell out of the top five in the points standings. "Chicago is a great town. I'm definitely looking forward to racing at the track again."

Series points leader Ron Hornaday Jr. (No. 33 Turtle Wax Chevrolet) and Mike Skinner (No. 5 PC Miller Navigator Toyota) boast a combined eight national series starts at the 1.5-mile facility. Hornaday finished fifth in the 2002 NASCAR Nationwide event and 10th two years later.

"We had the Nationwide race won there back in 2001, but a late caution came out for debris and Jimmie Johnson put on four fresh tires and we wound up second," said Skinner.

Stacy Compton (No. 60 SafeAuto Insurance Toyota) has amassed nearly 1,400 laps at Chicagoland in NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide events. "Undoubtedly, the trucks are going to go there and run wide open," said Compton, who likens the track to Kentucky Speedway where he contended for a victory last month before a late-race accident foiled his challenge.

We will be going to the inaugural race. I got free tickets. Very Happy
I have my fingers crossed that there will be a NEW FACE in Victory Lane.
PLEASE NO Shrub or Hornaday
Back to top Go down
racinfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Chicagoland Speedway New To Series   Chicagoland Speedway New To Series EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:30 pm

JB lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Chicagoland Speedway New To Series   Chicagoland Speedway New To Series EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Boy oh Boy, that KID COLINS can drive. Pitted against the MONEY TRUCKS with NO ENGINEERING OR MONEY HELP FROM FORD AND TO COME IN THIRD,WELLLLLLLLLLLL NOW THATS DRIVING.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Chicagoland Speedway New To Series   Chicagoland Speedway New To Series EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:59 am

Rick Crawford in the top-5 as well in a Ford, that's good to see.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Chicagoland Speedway New To Series   Chicagoland Speedway New To Series EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:45 am

YUCK!!!! One of 2 drivers that I didn't want to see win. Crying or Very sad Mad

As much as I can't stand the guy, I have to say he is one of the more fan friendly drivers around. Shocked <Well, I guess if I were him I'd try to gain as many fans as I could> They had a autograph session with some to the Truck Drivers. I have to say I really didn't expect to see him there. He always seems to be accessible to the fans. This is like the 3rd time I've gotten his autograph. I didn't seek out to get it, but he was there. Surprised

During the race most of the crowd didn't take too kindly when he took the lead. Many gave him the "Your #1 salute or a thumbs down". I had the scanner tuned to MRN and almost lost my cookies when Kyle first took the lead and the announcer said t"he crowd is on there feet" for Kyles pass to the lead. That was BS.
NO ...... the was fact, the crowd was standing cus it was on a restart and it had not at all to do with Kyle. Rolling Eyes The media like to really fabricate this stuff. Twisted Evil so if anyone was listening to MRN that was not true. Sad

WTG Colin and Rick! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Chicagoland Speedway New To Series   Chicagoland Speedway New To Series EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 4:09 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Rick Crawford in the top-5 as well in a Ford, that's good to see.
Good Job Rick, you two drivers coulda, woulda beaten those two with just a little bit more help from FORD. Hoping that will happen soon as the economy improves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicagoland Speedway New To Series   Chicagoland Speedway New To Series Empty

Back to top Go down

Chicagoland Speedway New To Series
Page 1 of 1