Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chase Thoughts..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
racinfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Even though two races is a lot, I feel that the Chase is pretty much set.

Tony
Jimmie
Jeff
Denny
Carl
Kurt

I am pretty sure if Ryan pulls off at least top 10s, he will be ok. Montoya should do fine..Mark and Kenseth will be close but both have good tracks for the next 2. As much as I wanted to see Kasey in the chase, I feel Vickers or KB may kick him out... No

Now onto the Chase, been looking over the facts...and feeling my gut. affraid Could it really be 4 in a row for Jimmie? Going into the chase the last few years...it was unclear. It seems like team 48 just pushes through and wins 4 or so races to equal out their few bad races..As much as I think Tony and Jeff will be a threat, I smell more lowes than Old Spice. The dark horse will be Montoya or Kurt I believe...We shall see in a few weeks anyhow.

Any thoughts on how the Chase may go?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:33 pm

Same as my thoughts from before... would like to see Newman out and Vickers in. But, mainly, I just want Kyle Busch out!
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:38 pm

AND I DON'T WANT ANY OF HENDRICKS OR GIBBS DRIVERS TO WIN THE CUP

ANDREW I JUST READ THAT DOUG YATES WAS INTERVIEW ON SOME RADIO PROGRAM AND STATED THAT THE FR9 WILL BE IN THE CHARLOTTE FALL RACE OCT 17TH

WAY WAY TO LONG OF A WAIT.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Wow. That is a long time...
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:56 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I only hope it is not true. I did not hear it myself but if it was on Sirius than its true.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:05 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
-Andrew I understand Doug made the comment on Monday Nite show called "Talk With the Bif"
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:08 pm

Greg Biffle has a Sirius show now? I haven't listened to NASCAR Radio for several weeks now, so I didn't even know.

Interesting... I'm really surprised that it has taken this long to get that engine on the track.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:11 pm

There are too many Hendrick cars going into the Chase. Sad I hope Vickers makes it and I'd like to see both Martin and Newman out.
I definitely don't want Kyle making the chase.
That thought makes me ill. No
Back to top Go down
racinfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:07 pm

I thought people liked Mark...especially yall. Shocked Newman could surprise a lot of people, he seems to run well during the chase races..
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:23 pm

A lot of Ford fans don't like Mark Martin anymore. "Retiring" from Roush and then going full time with Hendrick Motorsports doesn't set well with people. Wink

I still like Mark okay... I think it's great that there's a 50 year old driver out there winning races. But, I hate that he's driving for Hendrick.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 1:05 am

racinfan wrote:
I thought people liked Mark...especially yall. Shocked Newman could surprise a lot of people, he seems to run well during the chase races..
No, no no. I've never cared for the guy. To much of a whiner for my taste. Rolling Eyes
I don't want Newman in the chase just for the fact it's a Hendrick car. Toooooo many already. affraid
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 1:29 am

Give me Newman over Kyle Busch anyday and I'm happy. Wink
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 1:39 am

True.
If Kyle doesn't make the Chase I'm gonna be on cloud 9.
But, I still don't like the idea of ALL those Hendrick cars making it Mad
I don't know about you but I sick of seeing a Hendrick Championship. Sad
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 1:58 am

Definitely agreed with that. I'd like to see a different owner win the championship this year.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:13 am

An interesting fact that I just thought of...

Every championship since 2000 has been won by 1 of 3 teams - Hendrick Motorsports (2001, 2006, 2007, 2008), Joe Gibbs Racing (2000, 2002, 2005), and Roush Fenway Racing (2003, 2004).

The last team other than those to win a title was Robert Yates Racing in 1999 with Dale Jarrett.

Since 1995, Rick Hendrick has won 8 of the 14 titles. They had 4 in a row from 1995 - 1998 with Jeff Gordon and Terry Labonte.

I think it's time for all these Hendrick championships to end!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:30 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
An interesting fact that I just thought of...

Every championship since 2000 has been won by 1 of 3 teams - Hendrick Motorsports (2001, 2006, 2007, 2008), Joe Gibbs Racing (2000, 2002, 2005), and Roush Fenway Racing (2003, 2004).

The last team other than those to win a title was Robert Yates Racing in 1999 with Dale Jarrett.

Since 1995, Rick Hendrick has won 8 of the 14 titles. They had 4 in a row from 1995 - 1998 with Jeff Gordon and Terry Labonte.

I think it's time for all these Hendrick championships to end!
Andrew your so right buttttttt Money wins in all sports. Baseball, Football , where money can go out there and buy the best players. In Nascar , its the equipment and just like the Toys ,came in with the BIG BIG BUCKS AND BOUGHT THE BEST of everything. ,OF COURSE TOYS COULDN'T TEMP HENDRICKS DRIVERS OR HENDRICKS employees. JMO, the biggest help Hendricks has received WAS FROM NASCRAP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chase Thoughts.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Thoughts..   Chase Thoughts.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Chase Thoughts..
Page 1 of 1