Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board Empty
PostSubject: I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board   I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:04 am

I'll be the first to admit that I have been incredibly disappointed in Yates Racing this year (well actually for the last several years) and have been critical this year, but the truth is, for whatever reason, Ford as a whole has gone downhill this year.

I went team by team and compared where they were at this point in 2008 to 2009. We are down across the board. If it weren't for Kenseth's 2 wins to start the year, we would be getting skunked.

The first column below is wins, the second top 5 finishes, the third column is top 10 finishes and then finally point standing positon at the same point in time each year.

Carl Edwards
2008 6 11 19 2nd
2009 0 7 11 5th

Greg Biffle
2008 0 8 11 6th
2009 0 8 11 8th

Matt Kenseth
2008 0 6 15 9th
2009 2 4 9 12th

David Regan
2008 0 5 9 13th
2009 0 0 1 29th

Jamie McMurray
2008 0 0 6 18th
2009 0 0 3 22nd

2008 Travis Kvapil 0 0 3 23rd
2009 Bobby Labonte 0 1 1 30th

2008 David Gilliland 0 1 2 26th
2009 Paul Menard 0 0 0 32rd

Totals
2008 - 6 wins, 31 top 5s, 65 top 10s
2009 - 2 wins, 20 top 5s, 36 top 10s
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board   I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:24 am

All of Ford has been terrible in qualifying this year as well, except for the Wood Brothers that is. They seem to have found something that the other Ford cars are still looking for.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board   I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:30 am

RacingDude wrote:
All of Ford has been terrible in qualifying this year as well, except for the Wood Brothers that is. They seem to have found something that the other Ford cars are still looking for.
Being a FORD FAN I'm looking for BIG CHANGES and all for the good. We just have to get on top of this NEW DEAL WITH FUEL INJECTION. I knew Nascar would come up with something to try and put the screws to FORD (Roush) but I'm sure we can handle it. My big worry will be Chad looking to find (cheat) to turn this way into hiding "Traction Control, which I understand will ben easy for a guy like Chad.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board   I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 1:16 am

"Traction Control".... what makes you so sure they haven't already mastered that one? Wink Laughing Razz
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board   I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:57 am

DeeDee wrote:
"Traction Control".... what makes you so sure they haven't alDEeeDee two minds with the same thought.ready mastered that one? Wink Laughing Razz
Two minds with the same thought (and for a long time but than,I'm a bit paranoid when it come to Chad and that whole bunch)
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board   I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:16 am

If I'm not mistaken, either Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson was penalized a few years ago for having traction control during a race. I believe it was at Martinsville?

Don't know that for sure, but I seem to remember something to that effect.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board   I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:44 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, either Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson was penalized a few years ago for having traction control during a race. I believe it was at Martinsville?

Don't know that for sure, but I seem to remember something to that effect.
I expect Chad to find a way (from what I have read will be easy w/ fuel injection) to continue his cheating ways. Hoping FORD TEAMS will find a way and still be within the rule book. With Roush , he knows better and will be very careful because he knows Nascar is just waiting to catch Roush doing something wrong. That is why I feel he would never cheat. That last penalty was not cheating. It was an accident . Look I don't like the guy but WHEN HE IS RIGHT , HE IS RIGHT. JMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board   I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board Empty

Back to top Go down

I've given Yates a hard time this year, but truth is FORD is down across the board
Page 1 of 1