Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Labonte takes Gilliland's ride for the second time in less then a year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Labonte takes Gilliland's ride for the second time in less then a year Empty
PostSubject: Labonte takes Gilliland's ride for the second time in less then a year   Labonte takes Gilliland's ride for the second time in less then a year EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 9:37 pm

Bobby Labonte in the #71 for seven races: After Bobby Labonte was dismissed from his driving duties for seven of the remaining 12 races in the #96 Yates Racing [Hall of Fame Racing] Ford, the 2000 Sprint Cup champ has agreed to pilot the #71 TaxSlayer Chevy for TRG Motorsports in those seven events starting this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Yates Racing announced on Monday that rookie Erik Darnell would share the ride with Labonte for the remainder of the year. David Gilliland, who has competed in 22 races for TRG this season, will continue driving for the team in the remaining events.(FoxSports), this move also affects the Past Champions Provisional, especially at AMS where three past Sprint Cup champions are eligible for the past champions provisional. #71-Bobby Labonte [2000 Champ], #08-Terry Labonte [1996 & 1984 Champ] and #21-Bill Elliott [1988 Champ] all are with teams outside the Top-35 in Owners Points and must qualify 7th or better among the 11 go-or-go-homers to make the race. If one or more does not, the 8th spot [43rd starting spot] would go to the most recent past champion. If all three race into the lineup, the 43rd spot goes to the 8th fastest of the eleven.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Labonte takes Gilliland's ride for the second time in less then a year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Labonte takes Gilliland's ride for the second time in less then a year   Labonte takes Gilliland's ride for the second time in less then a year EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:01 pm

All the articles that I've read have talked about how mad Bobby Labonte was when he found out that he was being taken out of the car.

Guess he could care less about how David Gilliland feels about getting taken out of his ride - twice!

Sometimes I question why I have so much respect for Bobby Labonte... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com

Labonte takes Gilliland's ride for the second time in less then a year
Page 1 of 1