Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD

Go down 
+2
eehwkram
Yatesracing
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD Empty
PostSubject: THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD   THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:16 am

FOR SELLING YATES OUT-
I wonder who was behind all of this hmmmmmm

More details on the Petty 'buyout' of Yates: The deal that brought together Richard Petty Motorsports and Yates Racing for next season is more of a buyout than a merger, minority owner Richard Petty said on Friday. "We're basically taking over their deal," the seven-time Sprint Cup champion said before qualifying at Richmond International Raceway. "As far as I know all of that whole operation will be Richard Petty Motorsports." Petty said George Gillett Jr., who declined to comment earlier Friday, would remain the controlling owner. He said Robbie Loomis, the executive director of race operations at RPM, will continue to run day to day operations. He was unsure what role Max Jones, who co-owned Yates Racing with Doug Yates, would take but speculated that he would stay on as the general manager. Jones declined to comment. Sources close to the situation said Yates would continue to run the Roush-Yates engine program that will supply engines to RPM's four teams -- Paul Menard from Yates and Kasey Kahne, Elliott Sadler and A.J. Allmendinger from RPM. Petty said plans are to move from RPM's Statesville, N.C., shop to Yates' facility in Concord, N.C., to be closer to Roush Fenway Racing, which will continue to supply parts, pieces and technical support as it did with Yates. Because engines will come from Roush-Yates, RPM will have to shut down its engine department that employed more than 40 people. Petty said the potential of letting more people go during tough economic times was the tough part of the deal.(in part from ESPN.com)(9-12-2009)

Last edited by Yatesracing on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD   THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:50 pm

I think it is still for the best. Yates can concentrate on what he does best, building horsepower.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD   THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:27 am

That is true. Those Yates engines do make for some good horsepower.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD   THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 9:29 pm

I guess you're mad at Ford about this, but I don't understand why. Doug Yates clearly wanted out, or he wouldn't have sold his team. I really don't believe that he was happy as an owner of a struggling team. I think he will much more enjoy himself now that he will be able to focus on engines.

I think this change is for the best for Ford Racing, Richard Petty Motorsports, and Doug Yates.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD   THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:54 pm

I agree with you Andrew- this very well may produce some success for ford
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD   THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:05 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I guess you're mad at Ford about this, but I don't understand why. Doug Yates clearly wanted out, or he wouldn't have sold his team. I really don't believe that he was happy as an owner of a struggling team. I think he will much more enjoy himself now that he will be able to focus on engines.

I think this change is for the best for Ford Racing, Richard Petty Motorsports, and Doug Yates.
MAD THATS PUTTING IT MIDELY, IF I COULD THROW OUT THE THREE FORDS IN MY GARAGE AS EASILY AS I THREW OUT DJ PARAFERNALIAS, I WOULD .
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD   THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Wow.

What could possibly have made you this upset? Ford didn't force Doug Yates to sell his team. Doug owned that team and had the right to do whatever HE wanted with it. HE decided to sell it, not Ford.

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at Doug Yates, because this all boils down to his decision.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD   THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:51 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Wow.

What could possibly have made you this upset? Ford didn't force Doug Yates to sell his team. Doug owned that team and had the right to do whatever HE wanted with it. HE decided to sell it, not Ford.

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at Doug Yates, because this all boils down to his decision.
You have got to be kidding THIS WAS A FORD/ROUSH DEAL. fROM THE VERY BEGINNING, EVEN BEFORE THIS SO CALLED ROUSH/YATES ALLIANCE DEAL, DOUG WAS HOOKED IN BELIEVING ALL THE BS THESE TWO WERE FEEDING HIM. THEY KNEW DOUG WAS NO TEAM OWNER AND COULD BE SWAYED TO FIT THEIR PLAN. NOW THEY LEFT DOUG WITH NO CHOICE. ABOUT DOUG BEING HIS CHOICE TO WORK ON ENGINES, THERE NEVER HAS BEEN ANY DOUBT ABOUT THAT, BUT TO AGREE TO A SELL-OUT, I DON'T BELIEVE. DOUG WAS LEFT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO CHOICE. AGAIN THANKS TO ROUSH FOR ALL THE HELP HE DIDN'T GIVE AS PART OF THE DEAL.ROUSH HAS THE YATES ENGINES AND YATES IS NOW GONE. THE YATES NAME HAS ALWAYS BEEN A THORN IN ROUSH'S SIDE.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD   THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:57 am

I can understand Yatesracing (GG) getting as upset as she is. She been a long time Yates fan and now feels betrayed. Crying or Very sad

Me personally, It's easier to be a Driver fan then a Team or Mfg Fan. That way I don't have to be concerned with deals like this. Just follow a driver or two or three and be happy wherever they go. Very Happy
Yeah, I love the Woods. But that's only because of getting to meet Bernece Wood and found her to be a super wonderful lady. I couldn't help put be a Fan. But that's not to say that I will always agree with there driver picks. It fried me when Schrader sank that ship. Rolling Eyes ~JMO
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD   THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:36 am

DeeDee wrote:
I can understand Yatesracing (GG) getting as upset as she is. She been a long time Yates fan and now feels betrayed. Crying or Very sad

Me personally, It's easier to be a Driver fan then a Team or Mfg Fan. That way I don't have to be concerned with deals like this. Just follow a driver or two or three and be happy wherever they go. Very Happy
Yeah, I love the Woods. But that's only because of getting to meet Bernece Wood and found her to be a super wonderful lady. I couldn't help put be a Fan. But that's not to say that I will always agree with there driver picks. It fried me when Schrader sank that ship. Rolling Eyes ~JMO
Thanks DeeDee , couldn't have said it any better. Right now I feel like a lady being scorned except it's more like a LADY BEING BRTRAYED. I'm at the crossroads now and I have to make a decision on which road I am going to take. LOYALTY has been a curse of mine my whole life. This may be the reason its not going to be an easy decision after all FORD/YATES has been with me a very long time and now can I possible go with FORD/????/. . BIG DECISION
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD   THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD Empty

Back to top Go down

THIS WAS A BUYOUT NOT A MERGER-THANKS FORD
Page 1 of 1