Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FoMoCo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

FoMoCo Empty
PostSubject: FoMoCo   FoMoCo EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:34 am

as i heard about the merger i got to thinking (sometimes not the best idea lol) but i would rather ford concentrate on just their products first & THEN their racing program. its easy to get caught up in the excitement of all the news of the merge & all. obviously i want them to keep their NASCAR program going as i'm a huge fan, but i would take a couple of "off years" in a second & come back better than ever.

i'm overall happy with the meger with RPM but i don't want ford to "get in over their heads" so to speak. just take a look at GM & chryster, i want ford to be the last manufacturer still standing when the dust settles lol! i'm no financial advisor by a long shot lol, but i'm assuming if ford stays in business ford racing is bound to improve by default (i know i'm a genius). anyways those are my thoughts at the moment......what say you? Smile
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

FoMoCo Empty
PostSubject: Re: FoMoCo   FoMoCo EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:43 am

First... I speak as a consumer..... Ford has been the #1 choice for many, many years. From my first ride in a awesome 68 Mustang (a rental) to our last Ford a 1992 E-150 Econoline Custom Van. Along the way we have had a Galaxy/LTD/Mercury Montego and outside of Ford there's been a Chevy Citation that replaced "my baby" a 72 Mustang that we had for 12 yrs and had to replace (very unsafe) once we had our kids. Later we had a Dodge Van to haul the kids & stuff around which was soon replaced by the Custom E-150 in 92. Later bought a 2nd car an old used (88) Buick La Saber to teach the kids to drive. There was no way my boys were gonna learn to drive in "my baby" the E-150 Wink LOL. So I have a very long history with Fords. When it was time to retire the E-150 in 2007, I swore I'd only purchase a Ford. It took a very long time to find anything that was even remotely comparably to the E-150 as far as safety/comfort/seating/tow ability etc.... A hugh disappointment. Sad
I had to replace my E-150 (at 15 yrs old) and the old La Saber (18+ yrs old) in 2007. My family is the most important thing to me, so I now consider safety/value/comfort more important. I no longer care who or where it's built. It is meaningless. Family 1ST.

Second.... I am totally with you .....
Quote :
i want ford to be the last manufacturer still standing when the dust settles
Amen!!!! Smile
I hate seeing that they are again the low dogs. Sad If they have to take time off to regroup to give Chevy a run ..... I SAY.. Yes! go for it! YES!!!!!!!!
Please.... NO more Chevy/Hendrick pig
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

FoMoCo Empty
PostSubject: Re: FoMoCo   FoMoCo EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:13 pm

I don't think Ford is in over their heads. They are handling the economic downturn MUCH better than Dodge and Chevrolet. They are the only company that has made it so far without accepting the federal bailout money.

I think the fact that they don't want to get themselves in too deep is why RPM is only going to be getting the same level of support as Yates Racing did this year. Ford knows that right now they can't afford to increase their spending on racing.

I don't want to see them take a "time-out" from the sport because if they do that it would be very difficult to convince the teams to come back to Ford in a few years. I'd like to see them continue with the level of support they have now, and then increase it when the economy and automobile sales rebound.

As a consumer, my family has only had Ford cars as well. My dad has driven Fords since he started driving a Mustang, then several Broncos. Now, we have a 2005 Expedition, 2003 F-150, and a 1996 Ranger. All great cars and we've had few to no problems with any of them.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

FoMoCo Empty
PostSubject: Re: FoMoCo   FoMoCo EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:44 pm

yeah they are definitely in a much better position than chrysler or GM. i agree with you, ford is not in any sort of trouble right now, i just don't want them to try too hard. agreed the level of support right now is pretty much perfect Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FoMoCo Empty
PostSubject: Re: FoMoCo   FoMoCo Empty

Back to top Go down

FoMoCo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Fans :: General NASCAR Racing :: Sprint Cup Series-
Jump to: