Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sadler Loudon preview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Sadler Loudon preview Empty
PostSubject: Sadler Loudon preview   Sadler Loudon preview EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:16 pm

Loudon II: Elliott sadler preview
Racing series NASCAR-CUP
Date 2009-09-15

STATESVILLE, N.C. -- No. 19 Stanley Dodge driver Elliott Sadler owns five top-10 finishes at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, including a sixth-place finish (2006)and two eighth-place finishes (2003, 2004) at the fall race. The 34-year-old Emporia, Va. native hopes this weekend's trip to New England's flat one-mile oval delivers similar results as he attempts to build momentum over the final 10 races of 2009.

SADLER ON NEW HAMPSHIRE: "Racing at New Hampshire may be one of the more difficult places on the entire Sprint Cup circuit. It seems that its either feast or famine. I've had a lot of good races there, I think I have eight top-15 finishes, but then again I've also had some pretty tough races there where we didn't finish as well as we would have liked.

"Off the track New Hampshire is a nice change of pace this time of year. The weather is getting a little more cool, the leaves are starting to change and the food is always great. I like heading up there and I know it's a big race for our team, because this is the closest we race to our sponsor Stanley's headquarters in New Britian, Connecticut."

ON FINISHING THE SEASON OUTSIDE OF THE CHASE: "It's tough. Every driver out here wants to be in the Chase for the Championship, but unfortunately sometimes circumstances happen throughout the season and it's just not in the cards. We are going to work hard to finish the season on a positive note and do whatever we can to support our teammates."

* Tuesday, Sept. 15, is the deadline to nominate a breast cancer survivor to be the Stanley/Susan G. Komen for the Cure "Lady In Pink" for the Oct. 17th NSCS race at Lowe's Motor Speedway.

* Fans can vote on the four semi-finalist essays for the Stanley/Susan G. Komen for the Cure "Lady In Pink" from Sept. 20-25 at www.stanleymotorsports.com.

* Sadler is tied with Tony Stewart for the longest active non-DNF streak (49 races) of drivers that have competed in every race. Teammate Reed Sorenson now has the longest overall streak at 52 races, but did not compete last season at Infineon.

* Sadler's last DNF occurred on June 1, 2008 at Dover. Both Sadler and Stewart were involved in the same on-track incident to start their current streaks.

* Sadler is a weekly guest on Sirius XM's Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody every Tuesday at 4:40 p.m.

-credit: rpm
Back to top Go down

Sadler Loudon preview
Page 1 of 1