Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT

Go down 
+2
TeamBlueOval
Yatesracing
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:10 pm

ON JATSKI'S

Gillett, RPM partnering with Saudi Prince

TO MUCH JUST TO MUCH
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Quote :
Gillett, RPM partnering with Saudi Prince: In what could turn out to be one of the oddest pairings in the history of American stock car racing, Richard Petty Motorsports' primary shareholder George Gillett Tuesday signed an 'exclusive commercial collaboration' agreement for his stake in the team to Prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah al-Saud, a member of the Saudi Royal Family. The agreement signed Tuesday forms a partnership that will see the development of a NASCAR racing circuit and Richard Petty racing schools in the Saudi Kingdom and elsewhere in the Middle East. "The Middle East sport market has immense growth potential as eager fans in the region demand access to more diverse, higher caliber competition. I am delighted, enthusiastic, and honored to have the opportunity to partner with such a visionary in His Highness Prince Faisal," said Gillett after the signing. According to many however, the agreement signed Tuesday is the first step to Gillett selling his stake in the team. As the two were publicly confirming the agreement, behind the scenes, Gillett and Prince Faisal acting on behalf of the Saudi sports investment group F6 he chairs, have begun a process of 'due diligence', the examination of financial records, with the goal being that Gillett would be bought out by the end of the year. The primary deal in the works actually centers on British football club Liverpool that Gillett owns a 50% stake in, but the deal would also include Richard Petty Motorsports. The Prince was at Anfield Stadium in England on Saturday as a guest Gillett, who confirmed that he has secured funding from the Saudi prince for his NASCAR team and an agreement to build Liverpool-branded football academies in the Middle East. The entire deal is reportedly worth up to $560 million.(NASCAR Examiner)(9-29-2009)

Ohh, my. Wow. Don't really know how to comment on this one. That's shocking.
Guess it won't really be all that different than having Red Bull execs from Germany run that team, but this still seems very, very strange.
Not sure what to think of this...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:17 pm

I WANT TO SAVE YATES BUT NOT THIS WAY
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:31 pm

THIS IS THE PART I DON'T CARE FOR. SEEMS LIKE GILLETT WANT OT GET OUT UNDER -------

According to many however, the agreement signed Tuesday is the first step to Gillett selling his stake in the team
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:34 pm

He also sold his prized Montreal Canadiens hockey team, so no big surprise that he's trying to get out of this too. I think he's having some personal financial troubles.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:49 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
He also sold his prized Montreal Canadiens hockey team, so no big surprise that he's trying to get out of this too. I think he's having some personal financial troubles.
WONDER IF THIS WILL PUT THE END TO THE PETTY AND YATES DEAL?
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:52 pm

Yatesracing wrote:
TeamBlueOval wrote:
WONDER IF THIS WILL PUT THE END TO THE PETTY AND YATES DEAL?
Maybe it would be better to leave Gillett to stand along w/ Petty and YATES moving out. LOL
Back to top Go down
Merri

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-07

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:08 pm

this is a tweet from Marty Smith, but most of the other NASCAR writers are tweeting the same thing.

MartySmithESPN Foster Gillett confirms no major ownership changes contemplated @ RPM. Says Gilletts are majority owners/plan 2 be so for a long time.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:59 pm

That's good to hear - hope it's true!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 4:08 pm

UPDATE Foster Gillett has confirmed there are no major ownership changes contemplated at Richard Petty Motorsports. The Gilletts are the majority owners of Richard Petty Motorsports and plan on being so for a long time.(RPM)(9-29-2009)

Only believe Half of what I read. Half of the updates on some of the rumors coming out of Jayski's , will happen somewhere down the line in the future.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 5:33 pm

WAS heard on NASCAR NOW it’s a rumor that Gillette is selling out RPM to the Arabs. They are selling their football team in England.
(not by me, I don't watch Nascar Now)
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:59 pm

ummm ok.... hopefully not- I wouldn't want to have to know that name.....especially with it being that long
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:54 am

Pretty much EVERYTHING is being rumored with this team right now, which is not a good thing! WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:30 pm

This doesn't make sense. You only have one team of the 4 running decent, and Kasey does not have equipment to challenge for the Championship this year, and then they are off doing this that isn't going to help improve performance? It doesn't make sense. Is Gillett really a race fan or is it just another toy for him to play with like the other teams he has owned?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT   WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT Empty

Back to top Go down

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Fans :: Ford Racing :: Richard Petty Motorsports-
Jump to: