Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

News (finally) on the 21

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FordGT

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-16

News (finally) on the 21 Empty
PostSubject: News (finally) on the 21   News (finally) on the 21 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 3:54 pm

For the ninth consecutive year, Ford Customer Service Division’s Motorcraft brand will team with legendary Wood Brothers Racing to compete in the highest form of stock car racing. Motorcraft, a Ford Motor Company brand of automotive parts ranging from filters and spark plugs to engines and transmissions, will be the primary sponsor on the Wood Brothers #21 Sprint Cup Ford Fusion for nine races (see schedule below), beginning in February at the Daytona 500 and culminating with the season-ending Ford 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Bill Elliott, the 1988 NASCAR champion driving a Coors/Motorcraft Thunderbird, is scheduled to be the driver for all of Motorcraft's races. Elliott, Motorcraft and the Wood Brothers first joined forces in 2007. “We are very proud to continue our long-standing relationship with Wood Brothers Racing and Bill Elliott,” said Darryl Hazel, Ford Customer Service Division Vice President. “The Woods are synonymous with Ford, and we are thrilled to be associated with such a tremendous group of people.”
“We are very pleased to have Motorcraft back with us for the 2009 season,” said Wood Brothers Racing co-owner Eddie Wood. “Motorcraft first sponsored us in 2001 and we value their involvement in the sport for the past nine years. They have been loyal to us, we have always been loyal to them and Ford. It makes you feel good. It makes you feel like family. Without Ford Motor Company, the outlook for this season would probably be different.” The Wood Brothers are acknowledged pioneers in the sport of stock-car racing, and have earned 96 wins in over 50 years of NASCAR competition – second most in Ford Racing history. “Ford’s appreciation for our loyalty throughout the years is what kept us going, and, in turn, we keep on going for them, too,” said Wood Brothers Racing co-owner Len Wood. The nine races: Daytona, Atlanta [both], Texas [Apr], Charlotte [May], Michigan [June], Chicago, Indy and Homestead. Motorcraft offers a complete line of original equipment-approved parts that are designed, engineered, and recommended by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood and powertrain repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available locally and are backed nationwide by Ford Motor Company's Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.

Paintscheme looks good again, after the crappy 07/08 base Motorcraft scheme (though the 05 and 06 wasn't that great either): http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2009/21cup.htm
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: News (finally) on the 21   News (finally) on the 21 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Glad there's at least a little news about the Woods, finally.

Only 9 races with Motorcraft, wonder who's going to sponsor their other 3 races?
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: News (finally) on the 21   News (finally) on the 21 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 1:18 am

A nice simple paint scheme Smile
Back to top Go down
cascar_fan

cascar_fan

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: News (finally) on the 21   News (finally) on the 21 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 6:08 pm

I for one am glad to see they are still operating. Hopefully the races they do run, they'll do well at, and when our economy picks up, hopefully they'll be able to land some more good sponsors and get back to running full time again. As previously mentioned I've been a Wood Bros. fan since David Pearson drove for them.

I think eventually they'll have to merger or bring on a partner and I would have preferred that they aligned themselves with Petty Enterprises, but I guess that's not in the cards now. That would have been cool though, the 2 teams with the most wins and the most history. Oh well, one can dream, I guess. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rpeer.com
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: News (finally) on the 21   News (finally) on the 21 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 7:28 pm

In order for the team to get a good sponsor and go back full time, they need a driver that is willing to do the full schedule (NOT Jon Wood) and that can be competitive on track.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: News (finally) on the 21   News (finally) on the 21 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 10:04 pm

Here's a nice article about the Woods and their drive to continue in the sport - LINK
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: News (finally) on the 21   News (finally) on the 21 EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 3:47 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
In order for the team to get a good sponsor and go back full time, they need a driver that is willing to do the full schedule (NOT Jon Wood) and that can be competitive on track.

I would love to see them turn things around and run the full schedule again, but unfortunately I think it is a LONG shot. It is never a good sign when a team cuts back; that usually signals the end for them. Crying or Very sad

Their downpoint IMO was when Dave Blaney sped right through the pits in the 2007 Daytona 500 and crashed right into Schrader. Ken looked to be on his way to a decent finish that day before that happened, and they had no chance of getting solidly in the top-35 after that. They did get in when Bill Elliott got behind the wheel, but when they brought Ken back for five events or so, they fell back out. They shouldn't have done that, considering how much better Bill was qualifying and racing.

I really hate saying this, but the Woods brought this on themselves. They should have kept up with the times like all of the other teams are doing. It seemed like they weren't even trying to get to the next level.
Back to top Go down
FordGT

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: News (finally) on the 21   News (finally) on the 21 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 12:20 pm

RacingDude wrote:
TeamBlueOval wrote:

I would love to see them turn things around and run the full schedule again, but unfortunately I think it is a LONG shot. It is never a good sign when a team cuts back; that usually signals the end for them. Crying or Very sad

Their downpoint IMO was when Dave Blaney sped right through the pits in the 2007 Daytona 500 and crashed right into Schrader. Ken looked to be on his way to a decent finish that day before that happened, and they had no chance of getting solidly in the top-35 after that. They did get in when Bill Elliott got behind the wheel, but when they brought Ken back for five events or so, they fell back out. They shouldn't have done that, considering how much better Bill was qualifying and racing.

I really hate saying this, but the Woods brought this on themselves. They should have kept up with the times like all of the other teams are doing. It seemed like they weren't even trying to get to the next level.

Exactly. Since HOF was able to move to Ford (good move on their part too since Gibbs didn't provide much), what happened to the possible merger of HOF and the Woods? Probably another missed opportunity for the Woods I bet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News (finally) on the 21   News (finally) on the 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

News (finally) on the 21
Page 1 of 1