Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?

Go down 
+4
TeamBlueOval
RacingDude
Yatesracing
DeeDee
8 posters

Was NASCAR right to tell Brad Keselowski to "take it easy" around the Chase drivers at Kansas?
YES
Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? Vote_lcap0%Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
NO
Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? Vote_lcap100%Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? Empty
PostSubject: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:59 pm

Head2Head:Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?

During Sunday's Price Chopper 400 at Kansas Speedway, it was reported that officials told Brad Keselowski to not race so aggressively with the Chase drivers early in the race.

NASCAR has issued plenty of "rough-driving" warnings, but to tell a top-five car not to race hard because he was surrounded by drivers in the playoffs, appears to be rare event.

Should Keselowski respect the Chase drivers or should he do what racers do -- drive as fast as you can and go for the win? Read both sides of the argument and weigh in with your take http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/features/10/06/head.2.head.bkeselowski.warned.kansas/index.html

edited to fix the link.

Last edited by DeeDee on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:03 am

Maybe thats why Nascrap should have the top 12 drivers race on their own. One thing for sure every driver has the right to race to win.

OOPS I forgot , when FORD puts that new engine on the track ,I wonder if the same request will be issued. I don't care for Roush but I'm sure he would not let them get away with that.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:09 am

If they are gonna start this crap with telling Non Chase drivers to back off or bow down to these guys, I'll stop watching the Chase. That's ridiculous!

I say NASCAR SHUT UP!!
Brad, you go ahead and race every driver the same. Treating these guys special is wrong. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

I believe every driver should have the same rights to race another guy, regardless of the circumstances. After all, the Chase guys got into the Chase by racing everyone else. Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? Icon_wink

So my answer is no.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:21 am

DeeDee wrote:
If they are gonna start this crap with telling Non Chase drivers to back off or bow down to these guys, I'll stop watching the Chase. That's ridiculous!

I say NASCAR SHUT UP!!
Brad, you go ahead and race every driver the same. Treating these guys special is wrong. Rolling Eyes
I'm going over and read the link you submitted on this subject.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:31 am

I read the pros and cons and the pros (ones who agree w/Nasca) didn't even have a logical answer . I did like the answers that were given against the Nascar Officials
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:53 am

I'm a definite NO on this one as well. I couldn't believe when they said that NASCAR had asked Brad to stop racing the Chasers so hard.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought the point of the race for every driver was to WIN, not to try and take care of 12 guys who just happen to be in the top-12 in points... absolutely ridiculous.

Even JPM, who Brad bumped into, was fine with it after the race. Wasn't like he was expecting any special treatment on track...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 5:30 pm

i couldn't agree more with Andrew, DeeDee & RacingDude. i bet he will get some negative e-mails about that getting out. other drivers are racing too that aren't necessarily a lock in the top-35. remember the wood brothers in 2007 were racing i think dave blaney for a guaranteed spot in daytona the next season (2008). so EVERYBODY is racing for something whether its a ride for next season, the top-35, just gaining experience, FANS, etc.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:20 pm

find someone that would vote yes....................... (other than the boneheaded officials)
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:59 am

Quote :
NASCAR clarifies warning to Brad Keselowski at Kansas: NASCAR officials clarified their intent in warning Hendrick Motorsports' #25-Brad Keselowski during last week's race at Kansas Speedway. NASCAR Vice President of Competition Robin Pemberton said Friday afternoon that Keselowski was not warned because of contact with a competitor in the Chase For The Sprint Cup; the warning was one that NASCAR often gives to competitors when it feels contact is unnecessary. Keselowski had contact with #42-Juan Pablo Montoya during the race, drawing the attention of NASCAR. At the time, NASCAR said that Keselowski was told to be "aware and cognizant of who he was racing against at this particular point in the race." Friday, Pemberton clarified what NASCAR meant and that it did not refer to racing against drivers in the championship hunt. "We warn drivers all the time," Pemberton said prior to qualifying at Auto Club Speedway in California. "It wasn't a Chase warning whatsoever. The previous week we warned the 14 [of Tony Stewart] and somebody else about beating on each other, too. When we see things going on around the race track that could affect the outcome of innocent bystanders, drivers who don't have a fight, we'll take and call a driver out on. That's basically what we did."(SceneDaily)(10-10-2009)
OK thanks for the clarification NASCAR Wink
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:15 pm

Looks like they took notice of how negatively their warning was taken, so they had to back off... Wink
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
racinfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:59 pm

NO! Don't have away points...the chase has been so boring so far...Mark...Jimmie...Tony. Don't get me wrong, great drivers, and some my favorites, but there has been hardly any racing, besides end of New Hampshire and no real devastating finishes for the contenders.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:17 pm

Absolutely not. I get tired of when Chase drivers whine about this. You are not the only ones on the track! The other guys are racing each other too and are trying to gain every spot they can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?   Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it OK to tell non-Chasers to back off?
Page 1 of 1