Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new nationwide car!!

Go down 
+2
Yatesracing
jiggastyles09
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

new nationwide car!! Empty
PostSubject: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 5:16 pm

ford just unvieled their brand new mustang nationwide car. i think ford is planning on using it for a few races starting with daytona!! it looks much better than the rendering we saw a few moths ago IMO.

new nationwide car!! 83171534724538194478907s.thnew nationwide car!! 83171534724638194478907.th

new nationwide car!! 83171534724688194478907.thnew nationwide car!! 83171534725838194478907.th
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:19 pm

LOOKS AWESOME, BUT IF IT HAS THE SAME OLD ENGINE UNDERNEATH THE HOOD , WE STILL WON'T BE ABLE TO BEAT OUR COMPETITORS.

WELL, is there a new engine UNDER THE HOOD or is it the same old engine? OH we need help in the Truck Series also. Poor Colins and Crawford . They drive their very best everyweek but don't have the equipment to be a real threat during the race.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:00 pm

That is a good looking piece!! Smile

I'm sure the new engine will be in the Mustangs when they run, they don't debut until next July. Wink

As for the truck series, Crawford will likely be the only Ford left in 2010.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:10 am

One thing for sure (I HOPE) Roush couldn't use that old engine in THE MUSTANG. I read they were thinking Mid-Season for the introduction of THE MUSTANG.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:34 pm

The Mustang (...and other NW COTs) will debut at Daytona in July.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:26 am

Quote :
Nationwide New Car test on Monday: UPDATES: The first superspeedway test for the NASCAR Nationwide Series new car will be held Monday, November 2 from 11am-5pm at Talladega Superspeedway. The new car previously tested in 2008 at Richmond International Raceway and Lowe's Motor Speedway. Drivers scheduled to participate include: #12Justin Allgaier (Dodge); #16-Colin Braun (Ford); #17 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (Ford); #29-Jeff Burton (Chevy); #33-Kevin Harvick (Chevy); #88-Kelly Bires (Chevy); #99-Trevor Bayne (Toyota).(NASCAR PR)(10-31-2009)
UPDATE: One more Chevy in the mix at NNS new car test: James Buescher in the #1 for Phoenix Racing(NASCAR)(11-2-2009)
UPDATE 2: According to Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president of competition, the purpose of today's six-hour test was to gather information relative to the size of the tapered spacer that the car will need in order to achieve its desired speed at tracks such as Talladega and Daytona International Speedway  where the new car will make its points-racing debut in July, 2010. Additionally, the test helped to better identify the proper gear ratio that the new car will need to generate the proper RPM. The first few hours of the test were spent in single runs, followed by drafting during the afternoon. Following its debut next summer at Daytona, the NASCAR Nationwide Series new car also will compete in points races at Michigan International Speedway in August, at Richmond in September and at Lowe's Motor Speedway in October. Full integration for the new car into the series is targeted for 2011.(NASCAR PR)(11-2-2009)
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:35 am

I am looking forward to how this turns out.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 5:15 am

Calling it a MUSTANG doesn't make it a MUSTANG
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:12 pm

It looks like a Mustang...
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:26 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
It looks like a Mustang...
No Way No How Ask a MUSTANG OWNER and after they stop laughing ,they will tell you IT'S UGLY. Been hearing that from a lot of Stang fans and owners. It looks a lot like THE CUP COT.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:33 pm

I think it looks good ... guess you can't please everybody. Wink

It's WAY better than the Cup COT, too, IMO!!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:36 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I think it looks good ... guess you can't please everybody. Wink It's WAY better than the Cup COT, too, IMO!!
Your absolutely right. Very curious about the engine that will go into this MUSTANG. So far there has been NO CLUE.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:00 am

I have to agree with GG, it does look a lot like "THE CUP COT".
I was rather disappointed when I first looked at it. Those little pictures above just aren't very good IMO.

Check out these large photos at Jayski .....

NW Toyota COT

Dodge COT

Chevy COT

Ford COT

they looks better IMO
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:07 pm

Yep, they look a lot better, IMO. I like how they at least visually look similar to the actual models.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:00 am

Personally don't much care what they look like. They still look like boxes but as long as whatever is under the hood WILL DO MUSTANG PROUD.
Here is a link that will show what a MUSTANG really looks like from 1964 to 2010. This guy sure knows his MUSTANGS. (03Stanger also monterhd) Hope this doesn't bore you but you will understand his love for FORD.

WEBSITE

Hi all,(http://www.flickr.com/groups/mustangs65topresent) I announced on the nhra board that I wouldn’t be here as much due to my stupid health issues after my last accident. My body has just been through too much I guess and so it’s slowly getting worse to make a long story short. lack of circulation, heart, kidney disease etc... I love this site since I know we are all Ford Freaks of some level. My website - and matching my login name, is about Mustangs mostly. You’ll see a some cool Mustangs from 1964 to present - mostly original, some not. You’ll see the Gas Ronda / Russ Davis Ford A/FX Mustang. The most famous of the 1965 “Ford Drag Council” A/FX Mustangs. On the side of one of the pics it states that they were the 1964 NHRA top stock world champions. You’ll see a cool 69 Boss with the Semi-Hemi in it with pics of the engine etc.. You’ll see Team Force pics of the whole team and their cars. You’ll see Grand-Am stangs. Right on up to the present and the new Cobrajet. You will see a pic of a guy on a Harley which is me during a photo shoot. You’ll see the austrailia Ford Falcon and I added it because as you know the first Mustang was based off the chassis of the Falcon in the 60’s so now we see a new 2011 Ford Falcon that’s a rear wheel drive and has a ecoboost engine in it. As well as that a couple coupes, one of which we all saw with a V6 Ecoboost w/400hp and 400ftlbs of torque. You will see some stories below some of the pics like the ecoboost bootcamp and a story about the 125 patents during it’s build. Again, mostly it’s about Mustangs past to present and the different version & engines. Okay, here’s the URL below. My son will take this over eventually. So, yes, I’m a Ford Mustang freak. http://www.flickr.com/groups/mustangs65topresent

/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new nationwide car!!   new nationwide car!! Empty

Back to top Go down

new nationwide car!!
Page 1 of 1