Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Quote :
CONCORD, N.C. - For Carl Edwards, when the engine in his No. 99 Ford seized up with 96 laps remaining in Saturday’s NASCAR Banking 500 Sprint Cup race, it was somewhat greeted with relief.

Edwards was limping toward an already poor finish when the engine let go, causing him to finish 39th and fall two spots to 10th in the Chase standings.

“That’s a mercy killing there,” Edwards said. “We had everything kind of go bad all in one night, which, in a way, I guess you can say that’s fortunate. That engine was probably gonna blow up whether or not we were running bad. I think it just showed a little mercy on us and let me go home early right now.”

Edwards never ran among the leaders and fell off the lead lap early in the race. Still, Edwards was trying to keep his Roush Fenway Racing team pumped up.

“We didn’t run well,” Edwards said. “We don’t have them very often. [Crew chief] Bob [Osborne] is down on himself right now. He’s all upset because the car was slow, but Bob’s a smart guy and I’ve got a lot of faith in him. We’ll just go to Martinsville and go strong there.”
~Scene Daily

That car was awful... I think the best he ran all night was 34th. I hope that doesn't happen again!!!
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 2:34 pm

Put the darn FR9 in his car, can't be any worst than the garbage he has been driving aLL SEASON
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:20 pm

+1 on the FR9. nothing to lose now. also i hope Bob doesn't beat himself up too much over that, i like him as Carls CC, always seemed like a good calm guy.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:32 am

jiggastyles09 wrote:
+1 on the FR9. nothing to lose now. also i hope Bob doesn't beat himself up too much over that, i like him as Carls CC, always seemed like a good calm guy.
Nothing against Bob but something isn't working right at Roush. Carl with 9 wins last year and to have fallen so badly, I'm surprised he made it into the chase. Look at kenseth, first time he has missed the chase. It's an overall problem. Maybe there is a Troll in Roush's Organization LOL
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Just remember that Bob was the crew chief for those 9 wins last year, too... (other than when he was suspended - I think they won one with Robbie Reiser)...

I don't want Bob gone, but I want to see changes soon!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:27 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Just remember that Bob was the crew chief for those 9 wins last year, too... (other than when he was suspended - I think they won one with Robbie Reiser)...

Andrew, has Edwards had any wins since that horrible crash at Dega.
Back to top Go down
Merri

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 4:07 pm

Yatesracing wrote:
TeamBlueOval wrote:

Andrew, has Edwards had any wins since that horrible crash at Dega.

I am not Andrew, but he hasn't had ANY wins since Homestead last year.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Merri is correct, but to add to that... I don't think that crash affected him to the point that he couldn't still win races. I think the problem lies in the cars, not the driver.
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:58 pm

i agree with Andrew, Roush as an organization has been down, Edwards by default was been down IMO. i still think he can win a race before the seasons end. especially since he now not in chase contention anymore.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 4:23 am

Andrew I must be getting old, totally forgot about Homestead. Thats EDWARDS TRACK. I hope you don't mind but I would like to see Biffle take that one this year.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:13 am

I could care less where, I just hope Carl can get ONE win this year... a winless season doesn't look good...
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:28 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I could care less where, I just hope Carl can get ONE win this year... a winless season doesn't look good...
ME TOO thats how I feel about BIFFLE. I want one or two wins for Bif.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:49 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I just hope Carl can get ONE win this year... a winless season doesn't look good...

Same here, I don't want his team or sponsors to lose faith in him. I know Carl hasn't forgotten how to win, I just hope others won't see it that way.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:36 am

Nobody is losing faith in Carl. I don't think that anyone thinks for a minute that the driver is the problem at that team. It is well recognized that Carl Edwards is one of the best drivers in NASCAR....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards   Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine failure a "mercy killing" for Edwards
Page 1 of 1