Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

newman's comments

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

newman's comments Empty
PostSubject: newman's comments   newman's comments EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:55 am

i'm sure everybody saw newman's comments, what do you guys think? was he just frustrated, or does he want NASCAR to do something about plate races (especially at dega). can they knock down the steep banking & just run wide-open without restriction? carl has been crtical in the past of the plate races too. it seems like the drivers are sick the plates.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

newman's comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: newman's comments   newman's comments EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:22 am

Both, frustration and he wants NASCAR to do something about it.
I don't know what the answer is but they gotta do something. I've always hated these plate races.
Personally I like hearing the drivers speaking out like this. They need to send a message that they are unhappy. These plate races are nothing but a crap shoot. Newman's been a victim too many times. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

newman's comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: newman's comments   newman's comments EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:34 am

I'm sure that as a driver, Ryan is very concerned about safety. I would be, too. Can't blame him for speaking up.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

newman's comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: newman's comments   newman's comments EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:37 pm

NASCAR tried to step in with the "no bumping in the corners" rule. It failed miserably. Even Newman said that as well - you can't make the drivers respect one another, they just have to do it on their own.

I like plate racing, but I think NASCAR should just let them race - stop with all the ridiculous rules that make it a 158-lap parade followed by a 30-lap crash fest.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

newman's comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: newman's comments   newman's comments EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:21 am

something needs to change. at least daytona can be considered to be of a handling track, but dega is not at all. i don't know what the answer is other than getting rid of the excessive banking & flatten it out scratch & that's not gunna happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

newman's comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: newman's comments   newman's comments Empty

Back to top Go down

newman's comments
Page 1 of 1