Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looks like Kvapil has a ride

Go down 
+2
Yatesracing
eehwkram
6 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Looks like Kvapil has a ride Empty
PostSubject: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:42 pm

From Lee Spencer of Fox Sports:

Travis Kvapil — The former truck champ saw little seat time in 2009. He competed in just five races for Doug Yates at the start of the season and then found himself on an unsolicited 26-race sabbatical. Enter Front Row Motorsports. Although Kvapil failed to qualify the No. 37 FRM Dodge at Charlotte, he started and parked at Martinsville the following week. Kvapil, 33, is expected to turn the No. 37 car into a full-time ride as Stremme's teammate next season.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:46 pm

eehwkram wrote:
From Lee Spencer of Fox Sports:

Travis Kvapil — The former truck champ saw little seat time in 2009. He competed in just five races for Doug Yates at the start of the season and then found himself on an unsolicited 26-race sabbatical. Enter Front Row Motorsports. Although Kvapil failed to qualify the No. 37 FRM Dodge at Charlotte, he started and parked at Martinsville the following week. Kvapil, 33, is expected to turn the No. 37 car into a full-time ride as Stremme's teammate next season.
Happy to see he has gotten a ride. Hr deserves one. Is this still going to be a DODGE RIDE? I read somewhere that Front Row was going over to Chivy.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:46 pm

Yay for start and parking! Neutral

Quote :
Is this still going to be a DODGE RIDE? I read somewhere that Front Row was going over to Chivy.

The 34 (teammate at Front Row) is already a Chevy, so the 37 probably will be too.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:51 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Yay for start and parking! Neutral

Quote :
Is this still going to be a DODGE RIDE? I read somewhere that Front Row was going over to Chivy.

The 34 (teammate at Front Row) is already a Chevy, so the 37 probably will be too.
Andrew, Front Row wouldn't have two drivers if they had a Start and Park plan. At least I don't think so and I sure hope not. I like Kvapil. To bad Roush couldn't get him a FORD ride.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:57 pm

There are lots of teams that have full time drivers and do the start and park deal. (Nemechek, Blaney to name a couple.)

The 34 will run the full races because they have that one in the top-35, but unless they get a sponsor, I'm pretty sure the 37 will continue to start and park like it has always done.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:58 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
There are lots of teams that have full time drivers and do the start and park deal. (Nemechek, Blaney to name a couple.)

The 34 will run the full races because they have that one in the top-35, but unless they get a sponsor, I'm pretty sure the 37 will continue to start and park like it has always done.
Your right never thought of those two.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 10:55 pm

If Kvapil goes with this team, it may be the last chance he will have at Cup. That's disappointing because I think he's been a lot better than the rides he's been with in Cup.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:10 am

Looks like they will NOT run Chevy's... also, doesn't mention start and park, so I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Quote :

FORT WORTH, Texas – Front Row Motorsports plans to field two NASCAR Sprint Cup cars full time in 2010, but who will drive them is still to be determined, team owner Bob Jenkins said Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway.

Jenkins also said the team likely will change manufacturer from its current Chevrolet. He wouldn’t name which manufacturer the team was going to use.

“We’ve identified a lot of areas of our program where we can improve without spending a ton of money,” Jenkins said. “I think [2010] is going to be a good year for us. … The economy has helped our team. Our business model is not built [around] a $20 million sponsor. People have become available, equipment has become available.”

As far as drivers, Jenkins said he has been happy with John Andretti keeping the No. 34 team in the top 35 in owners points. It is 35th with a 135-point cushion on the Red Bull Racing No. 82 team of Scott Speed. The No. 37 car has attempted 25 Cup races this year, while the No. 34 Nationwide team is 19th in owner points and Tony Raines is 12th in the driver standings.

Whether Andretti and Raines return remains to be seen. Travis Kvapil and David Stremme are the drivers most often mentioned as potential candidates for that ride.

“We’ve talked to six guys, plus we’re pretty happy with John and Tony,” Jenkins said. “It’s not like we’re looking to change across the board or anything. We’ve talked to all the usual suspects. We’re going to try to narrow it down over the next couple of weeks. We haven’t had any serious discussions with anybody.

“I’m pretty loyal to the guys that we have. I want to get through this season, see where things stand, take a breath and then figure out what we want to do. It’s been hard to be critical because John has done exactly what we’ve asked him to do. Same thing with Tony. I don’t know if you will see any dramatic changes, but we will add the second [full-time] car next year.”

Jenkins also plans to continue the Nationwide program, but that will depend on funding.

“If somebody would have told me at the beginning of the season my Cup team would be in the top 35 and I’d have a top-20 Nationwide team, I’d be pleased,” Jenkins said. “Not ecstatic, but pleased. I feel like what we’ve done and what we’ve had to do it with, I think these guys have done a phenomenal job.”
~Scene Daily~
Back to top Go down
Merri

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:00 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Looks like they will NOT run Chevy's... also, doesn't mention start and park, so I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Quote :

FORT WORTH, Texas – Front Row Motorsports plans to field two NASCAR Sprint Cup cars full time in 2010, but who will drive them is still to be determined, team owner Bob Jenkins said Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway.

Jenkins also said the team likely will change manufacturer from its current Chevrolet. He wouldn’t name which manufacturer the team was going to use.

“We’ve identified a lot of areas of our program where we can improve without spending a ton of money,” Jenkins said. “I think [2010] is going to be a good year for us. … The economy has helped our team. Our business model is not built [around] a $20 million sponsor. People have become available, equipment has become available.”

As far as drivers, Jenkins said he has been happy with John Andretti keeping the No. 34 team in the top 35 in owners points. It is 35th with a 135-point cushion on the Red Bull Racing No. 82 team of Scott Speed. The No. 37 car has attempted 25 Cup races this year, while the No. 34 Nationwide team is 19th in owner points and Tony Raines is 12th in the driver standings.

Whether Andretti and Raines return remains to be seen. Travis Kvapil and David Stremme are the drivers most often mentioned as potential candidates for that ride.

“We’ve talked to six guys, plus we’re pretty happy with John and Tony,” Jenkins said. “It’s not like we’re looking to change across the board or anything. We’ve talked to all the usual suspects. We’re going to try to narrow it down over the next couple of weeks. We haven’t had any serious discussions with anybody.

“I’m pretty loyal to the guys that we have. I want to get through this season, see where things stand, take a breath and then figure out what we want to do. It’s been hard to be critical because John has done exactly what we’ve asked him to do. Same thing with Tony. I don’t know if you will see any dramatic changes, but we will add the second [full-time] car next year.”

Jenkins also plans to continue the Nationwide program, but that will depend on funding.

“If somebody would have told me at the beginning of the season my Cup team would be in the top 35 and I’d have a top-20 Nationwide team, I’d be pleased,” Jenkins said. “Not ecstatic, but pleased. I feel like what we’ve done and what we’ve had to do it with, I think these guys have done a phenomenal job.”
~Scene Daily~

I can't judge from that article on WHO will be driving for them...I am confused!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:03 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:

Quote :

~Scene Daily~
Believe they will switch to DODGE JMO
Back to top Go down
Merri

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:04 pm

Yatesracing wrote:
TeamBlueOval wrote:

Quote :

~Scene Daily~
Believe they will switch to DODGE JMO

You are probably right.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:22 pm

I guess Dodge has some extra NASCAR money now that Penske is their only team.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

roosterrage wrote:
If Kvapil goes with this team, it may be the last chance he will have at Cup. That's disappointing because I think he's been a lot better than the rides he's been with in Cup.

I think it is sad that he couldn't get another ride at least on the same level as Yates was for the first half of 2008... he's capable of getting the job done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Kvapil has a ride   Looks like Kvapil has a ride Empty

Back to top Go down

Looks like Kvapil has a ride
Page 1 of 1