Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion Empty
PostSubject: Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion   Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:44 pm

Several storylines in this one...

-Of course, Johnson wrecks. Mark closes to within 75 points. (...go Mark go!)

-MWR has stellar outing, but not so stellar results. (Ambrose and Reutimann were super fast, top-5 cars, but fuel mileage relegated them to the mid-teens.)

-Carl Edwards finally had a decent car (although still not all that great), and Montoya takes him out. And proceeds to blame Carl for "racing to close to him." Rolling Eyes

-Brad Keselowski's debut for Penske was not as good as I expected. Looks like Stremme might not have been the only problem with that car.

-AJ Allmendinger finishes 10th in #44 FORD. (Two races in Fords, two top-10s for RPM Smile )

-Kurt Busch conserves enough fuel to make it the full distance and win the Dickies 500. His margin of victory (over 25 seconds) was the BIGGEST since electronic scoring was implemented in 1993. And, some lucky fan walked away from TMS with $1 million.

Lots happening, maybe we'll have a championship battle now!

So, what did you think?
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion   Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:53 pm

Johnson's wreck and the last few laps were definitely the more exciting aspects of the race. The rest of it I thought were quite boring.

MWR has done a great job this year (not including Waltrip), and I expect them to be even better next year when Truex joins. Ambrose would've been a threat along with Reutimann to make the Chase this year if Marcos had not been caught up in some wrecks and had some problems this year.

I was listening closely to Juan's interview to see if he would apologize for wrecking Carl- he didn't. I am not surprised either. It is very hard to believe Carl has not won this year and may not.

I expect Brad to do much, much better than Stremme, but I think he will have a rough time next year overall. I think he'll be mid teens to low 20s in points next year.

I've been impressed with RPM's results in Fords so far. Let's see what they can do every week in them.

Kurt Busch winning...well, it's alright I guess. Better than the other Busch winning. Great call by Tryson who I'm sure will be getting some calls.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion   Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:57 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Several storylines in this one...

-Of course, Johnson wrecks. Mark closes to within 75 points. (...go Mark go!)

-Brad Keselowski's debut for Penske was not as good as I expected. Looks like Stremme might not have been the only problem with that car.

Lots happening, maybe we'll have a championship battle now!

A miracle happend on lap three- now what's gonna happen? Jimmie will likely sweep the races since he "needs" them

or Newman

doubt it- Jimmie will need another outing like that one for anyone to have a shot
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion   Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 1:15 am

Jimmie Johnson wrecked, but ESPN focused on it way more than was necessary. They were mentioning that his car was in the garage every 20 seconds, it seemed.

I no longer pull for Juan Pablo Montoya after that interview. He has absolutely no class whatsoever. You get loose, and take out a guy beside you and it's his fault?? Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion Icon_rolleyes

I expect MWR to become more of a force next season when they have three good drivers (Truex, Reutimann, Ambrose).

I don't know if it was the car or the driver when referring to the #12 car. Brad didn't qualify good, but he ran around 20th-25th on average. I guess we will see how he does. Still, Kurt Busch has had his best season since joining Penske and even Sam Hornish has looked good this year.

Glad to see AJ get a top-10 in his first Ford outing. Maybe this is a sign of things to come...

Fuel mileage helps a driver get a 20+ second lead... Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion   Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Texas (Sprint Cup) post-race discussion
Page 1 of 1