Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wingo to stay at Roush

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Wingo to stay at Roush Empty
PostSubject: Wingo to stay at Roush   Wingo to stay at Roush EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:08 am

Quote :
Wingo to stay at Roush: #26 Crew chief Donnie Wingo appears to be headed back to Roush Fenway Racing next season in a capacity still to be determined. Wingo's future with the organization has been uncertain since it was revealed in late July that driver Jamie McMurray's #26 team would go away and sponsor Crown Royal would move to Roush driver Matt Kenseth's team next year. The breakup of McMurray's team is part of a downsizing by Roush Fenway to conform to NASCAR's new four-car limit set to take effect in 2010. Asked on Saturday at Texas Motor Speedway if there would be a place for Wingo next season at Roush Fenway, team co-owner Jack Roush said, "The answer to that is yes." Wingo later backed up his boss' assertion. "I don't think the plan is finalized for next year but we have spoken and he says he's got a place for me there next year and I'm real happy about that," he said. "It's where I want to be right now and I hope I can end my career here. ... I'm just looking forward to whatever they have for me in the future, whatever I can do to help."(SceneDaily), on SPEED's Happy Hour coverage, it was mentioned at Jimmy Fennig, crew chief of the #6 Ford of David Ragana with Roush Fenway Racing, will go to Roush's R&D area and Donnie Wingo will become the crew chief of the #6 team.(11-8-2009)
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Wingo to stay at Roush   Wingo to stay at Roush EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 11:13 pm

I like this combination. David and Donnie should be a good pair for next year.
Back to top Go down
racinfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Wingo to stay at Roush   Wingo to stay at Roush EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:53 am

"David Ragana" Made me laugh a bit. Laughing

Anyhow, hopefully this will be the spark he needs because he's got talent, I think he just needs the right crew chief (...and equipment)
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Wingo to stay at Roush   Wingo to stay at Roush EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:32 pm

I totally missed the extra A on there. The UPS sponsorship seems to be a curse in terms of performance! Look at the stats of the drivers they have had before and after. Pretty interesting.

Here's an article on David's thoughts about Fennig leaving. http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=4653087
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wingo to stay at Roush   Wingo to stay at Roush Empty

Back to top Go down

Wingo to stay at Roush
Page 1 of 1