Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would you hire her?

Go down 
5 posters

Would you hire Danica?
Yes
Would you hire her? Vote_lcap63%Would you hire her? Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
No
Would you hire her? Vote_lcap37%Would you hire her? Vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Would you hire her? Empty
PostSubject: Would you hire her?   Would you hire her? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:25 pm

Read this week's Head2Head on NASCAR.com, then give us your opinion!

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/features/11/10/head.2.head.dpatrick.nascar/index.html

Would YOU hire Danica Patrick for your team?
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Would you hire her?   Would you hire her? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:51 pm

If you want publicity and a lot of cash coming in, yes.

If you're in it to win races, no.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Would you hire her?   Would you hire her? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:08 am

First off she is a feather in anyone's cap for whatever owner hires her.
She has a hugh fan base, so she's a big money maker (sponsors etc)..... and we all know it all about the money.

2nd she deserves a chance to see if she can cut it.
She might not rack up wins in open wheel but NASCAR just might be well suited to her.

YES!!! She definitely deserves a chance! ~IMO cheers
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Would you hire her?   Would you hire her? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 7:30 pm

definately not in my cup team- atleast not w/o some ARCA/Busch/truck starts
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
98nascartruck

98nascartruck

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Would you hire her?   Would you hire her? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 8:07 pm

I went with Yes...BUT I agree with Dog by putting her in those cars or truck before trying a Cup car!!!
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Would you hire her?   Would you hire her? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 1:07 am

Dog wrote:
definately not in my cup team- atleast not w/o some ARCA/Busch/truck starts

98nascartruck wrote:
I went with Yes...BUT I agree with Dog by putting her in those cars or truck before trying a Cup car!!!
Guys, she's not going to Cup right away.
It sounds like she's gonna sign two-year contract with JR Motorsports, the NASCAR Nationwide Series

https://fordfans.forumotion.com/sprint-cup-series-f3/danica-not-coming-to-nascar-for-now-signs-3-year-irl-deal-t690-15.htm
Back to top Go down
98nascartruck

98nascartruck

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Would you hire her?   Would you hire her? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 12:14 pm

DeeDee.....I did know that an just saying thats the only way to get her ready for racing in the Cup!!!
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Would you hire her?   Would you hire her? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:44 am

I still don't know if I'd want to hire her
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Would you hire her?   Would you hire her? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Let's see what she can do; IMO, it will be more surprising to me if she does well than if she doesn't.

Two words: Dario Franchitti. He has won tons of IRL races and 2 titles, and Danica has one win. While Franchitti wasn't in the best equipment, he had an awful time in NASCAR. Danica will be in the best equipment and should not have any sponsor issues.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Would you hire her?   Would you hire her? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 3:16 pm

Jr didn't sound very confident in an interview this weekend about signing Danica. Seems like they are having sponsor troubles with the 88, and don't know if they can afford Danica at JR Motorsports.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Would you hire her?   Would you hire her? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:35 am

Quote :
Danica to JR Motorsports? Maybe Not: Dale Earnhardt Jr. says a deal to put Danica Patrick in his Nationwide Series car isn't imminent, and even if it were, JR Motorsports wouldn't necessarily have the funding for the IndyCar Series' most popular driver. Multiple media outlets have reported in recent weeks that Patrick was on the verge of signing with JRM for a part-time Nationwide schedule next season while continuing to run the Indy Racing League. Patrick and JRM share a sponsor in GoDaddy.com, but Earnhardt says it doesn't make the deal a cinch. "We've had a relationship with GoDaddy, so that makes us look like a nice fit, but they're moving (next year), so we don't really have it anymore," Earnhardt said after Sprint Cup practice Friday at Phoenix International Raceway. "We're having to search around." JRM's #88 Chevy currently driven by Brad Keselowski is sponsored by GoDaddy.com, but the company will move to Cup next year to back the #5 Chevy of Mark Martin at Hendrick Motorsports, which has an alliance with JRM. Earnhardt says JRM has only "three-quarters to half a season" of sponsors for the #88 in 2010. Earnhardt says the lack of funding is what's driving JRM's interest in Patrick, who also has been pursued by Roush Fenway Racing and Michael Waltrip Racing. Patrick also has met with Joe Gibbs Racing and Richard Childress Racing, and Earnhardt says he's talked to her along with Tony Stewart and Kevin Harvick. Patrick lives in the Phoenix area, but offseason sponsor commitments are expected to keep her from attending Sunday's Checker O'Reilly Auto Parts 500. "She's very interested in trying NASCAR, and a lot of people weren't sure whether she was serious or not, but she is serious," Earnhardt said. "There's a lot to learn there for her. She's got to get in the cars. She's got a lot of (stuff) to do before she ever takes the green flag for anything. But she's talked to a lot of people. I've spoken with her a couple of times just about the lifestyle and the difference in the series vs. what she does now." Besides GoDaddy, Patrick has sponsorship ties to Motorola's Boost Mobile brand and Tissot. Earnhardt believes she might be able to bring those companies to NASCAR, though without some TV advertising campaigns that could be considered risqué.(in part from the USA Today)(11-14-2009)
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Would you hire her?   Would you hire her? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 1:07 am

Quote :
Danica to make some sort of announcement: no idea what exactly it means, but GoDaddy.com, mentions on their webiste godaddy.com to check back on Monday, November 30th for a BIG announcement WITH Danica Patrick.(11-26-2009)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you hire her?   Would you hire her? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you hire her?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Fans :: General NASCAR Racing :: Sprint Cup Series-
Jump to: