Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stewarts sure has slowed down

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Stewarts sure has slowed down Empty
PostSubject: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Stewert came out this season like a BAT OUT OF HELL. Did Hendricks say to himself, this guy is really good and making my guys look bad, so did Hendricks put the brakes on??????????????????????
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:02 pm

I don't think Hendrick would want to make his own teams look bad. I consider the 14 and 39 to be the 5th and 6th Hendrick cars since Rick provides engines, cars and chassis for Tony.

I think Tony has just hit a stretch of bad luck. He's still been racing well, just doesn't have finishes to show for it.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:23 pm

RacingDude wrote:
I don't think Hendrick would want to make his own teams look bad. I consider the 14 and 39 to be the 5th and 6th Hendrick cars since Rick provides engines, cars and chassis for Tony.

I think Tony has just hit a stretch of bad luck. He's still been racing well, just doesn't have finishes to show for it.
Sound a little like Roush and Yates alliance. Only difference Hendricks met his obigation in more of the way it was expected. Roush did not. Here was the deal with the Roush Alliance***********************

Roush Fenway will provide parts and pieces, <<<<<<<<<engineering>>>>>>> and technical support. They’ll assist with marketing and new sponsor development, too, which is of the utmost importance these days. Especially so for Yates right now. Yates doesn’t yet have financial backing for his two teams next year, but he is confident he’ll get both teams funded with Roush’s he----------------------------http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/columns/story?seriesId=2&columnist=smith_marty&id=3017125

Now explain when and how YATES received these benifits, You can bet Stewart has received these benifits. and more. Hendricks will start cutting back now that he can see Stewart might just do better than his HOME TEAMS.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:15 am

GG.....My first thought was HMS gave Tony too much info.... and yes, I have to agree with you....HMS has put the breaks on. But on the other side of the coin, I think HMS didn't realize all the tech support Tony had. Tony going into this deal put out a "load" of money into hiring a bunch of top people. That paid off big time <IMO. Now, I don't think HMS is so willing to share "All" now.

As for the Yates/Roush alliance, that may be no different then the WBR/Roush alliance. You can get equipment from the best of teams, but that doesn't automatically mean you will have the "success" unless you have the right people to set up the cars properly. Everything is so technical now. As always' it's about money. Yates hasn't been doing too well lately with sponsor's etc so they don't that have the money to make good on that deal. < JMO
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:44 am

DeeDee wrote:
GG.....My first thought was HMS gave Tony too much info.... and yes, I have to agree with you....HMS has put the breaks on. But on the other side of the coin, I think HMS didn't realize all the tech support Tony had. Tony going into this deal put out a "load" of money into hiring a bunch of top people. That paid off big time <IMO. Now, I don't think HMS is so willing to share "All" now.

As for the Yates/Roush alliance, that may be no different then the WBR/Roush alliance. You can get equipment from the best of teams, but that doesn't automatically mean you will have the "success" unless you have the right people to set up the cars properly. Everything is so technical now. As always' it's about money. Yates hasn't been doing too well lately with sponsor's etc so they don't that have the money to make good on that deal. < JMO
Good Morning DeeDee, a a good opinion it is. I think you've hit it right on the head. So sad for YATES but when you keep making mistakes it's bound to bite you in the end. Doug JMO. should never have gone againist the original plan his father had started. (againJMO), Doug should have gone with NH/L and I think it would have been a whole different story. I don't care for Roush and knew Doug was headed for disaster. Sorry Andrew, but the end of YATES has proven it. Doug never collected on his part of the deal with Roush, as I expected.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:30 pm

It's hard for Roush to help Yates much when he can't make his own cars run fast.

Also, something happened that caused the end of the NHL deal. I'm sure that Yates would have liked to go through with it, but something clearly broke down in the discussions that couldn't be overcome.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:31 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
It's hard for Roush to help Yates much when he can't make his own cars run fast.

Also, something happened that caused the end of the NHL deal. I'm sure that Yates would have liked to go through with it, but something clearly broke down in the discussions that couldn't be overcome.
At that time I read that Doug wanted JJ Yeley(butHaas didin't move fast enough). Here is the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/columns/story?seriesId=2&columnist=smith_marty&id=3017125

The decision against hiring J.J. Yeley to drive the No. 88 Ford by Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing executives was really all Doug Yates needed to see. It wasn't a deal breaker, per se, but from his estimation was a stark indicator of the commitment level of his new partners.

Yates really liked Yeley, and felt he was a talented and quite marketable young man. But Newman/Haas/Lanigan dragged its feet, prompting Yates to change direction toward an alignment with Roush Fenway Racing.

"All three of those guys are great people. We had good intentions," Yates said of team owners Paul Newman, Carl Haas and Mike Lanigan. "The deal was a handshake deal and a letter of intent, and there wasn't enough commitment there

THAT WAS DOUG'S FIRST BIG MISTAKE AND IT WAS A COSTLY ONE.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:47 pm

SORRY THAT WAS HIS SECOND BIG MISTAKE AS A TEAM ONWER, HIS FIRST WAS HOOKING UP WITH ROUSH. (SORRY ANDREW)
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Sounds like NHL were the smart ones! Doug wanted to hire JJ Yeley??? That would have been the worst move EVER!!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:17 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Sounds like NHL were the smart ones! Doug wanted to hire JJ Yeley??? That would have been the worst move EVER!!
Andrew I think JJ has had lousy equipment but I really haven't been watching him so I'm guessing.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 2:35 pm

He drove the 18 car before Kyle Busch. When they asked Steve Addington what he changed in the offseason, he said the driver's seat. Wink (In other words, he was basically saying that the driver was the problem with the 18 car prior to Kyle coming on board.)
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:46 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
He drove the 18 car before Kyle Busch. When they asked Steve Addington what he changed in the offseason, he said the driver's seat. Wink (In other words, he was basically saying that the driver was the problem with the 18 car prior to Kyle coming on board.)
but was that in a Chevy or Toy---Wasn't Labonti in that car also and didn't do that well the last 2 years he was in the 18
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Gibbs did a runaway job w/ Toy and Kyle that first year. Plus Kyle was really motivated after the deal w/Hendrick
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 4:54 pm

To put it nicely, JJ was not very good. He was in the best equipment in Cup and Busch and did NOTHING.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 4:57 pm

roosterrage wrote:
To put it nicely, JJ was not very good. He was in the best equipment in Cup and Busch and did NOTHING.
Well if you all say so I haven't any comments to make pro or con, due to the fact I have never followed Yeley.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 8:48 pm

Yeley had to be one of the worst drivers I've seen. He never even won a Nationwide race either in Joe Gibbs equipment.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 8:53 pm

RacingDude wrote:
Yeley had to be one of the worst drivers I've seen. He never even won a Nationwide race either in Joe Gibbs equipment.
I don't know to much about Yeley but when he drove for Gibbs , that was not a Toy.(I don't think) and Gibbs was having a problem w/ Chevy cars and felt Chevy was favoring Hendricks (which they were) He wasn't that impressive in that last year with Chevy, so don't be judging Yeley by his time w/ Gibbs. .
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:53 pm

The only other ride I remember him having that was the HOF 96 and he did even worse. He took a car that Tony Raines solidly had in the top 35 (before they had an alliance with JGR) and Yeley missed races and did completely awful. He seems like a nice person, but he isn't a Cup or NW driver.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:43 am

I'm not going to bash Yeley, since he is used to racing dirt and he could never adapt to racing stock-cars on asphalt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stewarts sure has slowed down   Stewarts sure has slowed down Empty

Back to top Go down

Stewarts sure has slowed down
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ford Fans :: General NASCAR Racing :: Sprint Cup Series-
Jump to: