Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? Empty
PostSubject: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 12:56 pm

I know most cars were going to switch back to the old engine for the 500 miles since the new one is such an unknown, but with the way the new engine ran in the 150's, is there any chance some of the RPM teams could stick with the new engine?

Has anyone heard anything?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Doug Yates was supposed to take a look and evaluate the engines after the Duels to help decide if anyone should race the FR9 in the 500. They are considering running the FR9 in a few cars for the 500, but I haven't heard any word yet on which teams, if any, will race the new motor.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:01 pm

Update: Bill Elliott, Elliott Sadler, and Matt Kenseth will run the FR9 in the Daytona 500!

LINK
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:18 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Update: Bill Elliott, Elliott Sadler, and Matt Kenseth will run the FR9 in the Daytona 500!

LINK
Sadler???????????? with Kahne and AJ in the wing, they select Sadler??????????????? Well I sure hope they won't be sorry.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:21 pm

The only thing I can think of is maybe they wanted to make sure AJ and Kasey had reliable equipment to make it the whole way...???
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:11 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
The only thing I can think of is maybe they wanted to make sure AJ and Kasey had reliable equipment to make it the whole way...???
Sounds logical
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Wonder how Sadler likes the New Engine?
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 8:19 pm

#43 is going to a back up engine. I wonder if they will put in the NEW FORD ENGINE!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
38RYR8890

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:50 am

JMO...........but maybe Kasey had rather have the old engine. I would think if he had wanted it he would have got it. They need to cater to him and give him what he wants. They need him to want to stay with Ford.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:49 am

Another engine change - 99 changed engines last night after finding a problem.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:59 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Another engine change - 99 changed engines last night after finding a problem.
OHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:12 pm

I let the fans on Ford forum know about the change. Your so on top of things Andrew. Now I wonder what was wrong w/the engine or do you think they want to replace it w/ THE NEW ENGINE?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:25 pm

There had to have been a visible problem or else NASCAR wouldn't have let them change it.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:50 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
There had to have been a visible problem or else NASCAR wouldn't have let them change it.
Come on
Andrew if we really want something to look bad, we can do it. I'm just hoping I guess.

I sent a question out there. No Answer, I wanted to know what was wrong with the engine. I didn't receive an answer. I guess its a secret. I hate having to search the internet so I'll wait and see if an answer will be forthcoming LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?   Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are the Fords going to run the old or new engine for the 500?
Page 1 of 1