Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car Empty
PostSubject: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Neither Conway or Gilliland have been even remotely competitive so far this year either in practice or a race. If they keep this up, it's going to be a long year.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Not sure what you expect out of this team? Kvapil is driving their number one car (the 34) and barely running top-25 or 30. Conway has sponsorship, so he's not going anywhere and Gilliland isn't doing that much were than TK and he's likely in lesser equipment.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
eehwkram

PostSubject: Re: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:34 pm

It's not like I am expecting wins - or even top 20 finishes. But they aren't even competitive. Each and every practice they are at the very bottom of the speed charts and then on race day, the only good news is they aren't tearing up equipment. They certainly aren't 'racey' out there.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:35 pm

Gilliland finished 30th. That's decent for what he's got to work with. As for Conway, he brought out two cautions today, can't expect a good finish when you wreck twice.
Back to top Go down
eehwkram

PostSubject: Re: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:40 pm

See we just differ on what decent is. Finishing 30th in a 43 car field - to me at least - isn't a decent finish. Especially when you consider that his finish is the product of at least 4-5 cars who were better had issues - it isn't like he passed many cars today.

The Conway guy, never heard of him before this season so I wasn't expecting much.

You would think that they might think about putting someone in those cars who can at least make them competitive.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:53 pm

I don't think this equipment is good enough to run where you would consider "decent." This is a sub-par team that has moved from 1 to 3 cars without much backing. You just can't expect to much. TK finished 24th, do you consider that decent? Gilliland was only 6 spots behind him and his car is probably way worse than TK's.
Back to top Go down
eehwkram

PostSubject: Re: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Kvapil's run was decent, but not good - really not even average. A 6 spot difference, in a field of 43 drivers, is a pretty big difference. I, as I have always done, look at it as he was the best of a bad group (my tallest midget comment in the other thread).
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:15 pm

My point is that the cars aren't good enough to do any better, and that the 34 is the flagship car, so it is EXPECTED to be better than the others.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:00 pm

I'm not sure anyone can make this team competitive. Considering what they have to work with, their finishes are more-so expected than surprising.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Kvapil is by far the best thing going for this organization. I don't get how a company would want to sponsor a driver who has very limited experience and hasn't done very well, but is willing to run them in Cup for a year (Conway).
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:07 pm

It's all about public appearance nowadays rather than performance.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:07 pm

I don't think Extenze counts as a serious sponsor. Most drivers would probably turn down a sponsorship like this. This isn't a legitimate company, as their grade with the BBB is an F. They are probably going to run into some legal troubles, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them out of the sport fairly soon.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:48 pm

I have to agree with you, Andrew. It's not like Conway is a household name for public appearances either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car   Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car Empty

Back to top Go down

Who are some drivers to put in the #37 and #38 car
Page 1 of 1