Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Truex Jr. to Waltrip?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Truex Jr. to Waltrip? Empty
PostSubject: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptySun May 24, 2009 11:41 pm

Quote :
Truex Jr. to Waltrip? The word on the street is that #1-Martin Truex to Michael Waltrip's team in 2010 is a 'done deal,' but Truex and Ty Norris, the general manager for Waltrip's operation, both insist their 2010 deals are still up in the air, for at least another three weeks. "We've been hearing the same things," Norris concedes. "But we're still in discussions with NAPA and trying to figure out things (sponsorship) for 2010 and beyond. There are a lot of decisions that need to be made before we can even pursue something or get anything done. The biggest issue right now is we're in negotiations right now with NAPA and Michael, to see what the future looks like. We met a week ago and decided to give ourselves three or four more weeks, and then we'll make some decisions. So we're three or four weeks away from making the decision about what Michael and NAPA are going to do. Only after we make that decision can we look at the second decision." All that would seem to imply that Waltrip himself has to make a good case for sponsorship-driver renewal with NAPA between now and the July Fourth 400 at Daytona.(mikemulhern.net)(5-24-2009)

I wonder if this means Mikey is seriously considering retiring? or NAPA just not happy. I could see Martin being the next NAPA driver. Wink

Last edited by DeeDee on Mon May 25, 2009 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptyMon May 25, 2009 12:37 am

Martin would be an excellent addition to MWR. When Mikey was interviewed earlier this year, I think on Trackside, it seemed like retirement was a pretty strong possibility. Reutimann has done an excellent job, and Ambrose has had some good runs too, but it still seems like there would be a better option for Truex.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:20 am

MWR is becomming a strong team. The cars are capable of running in the top-10. Mikey hasn't done that, but I think Truex could win races in the car.

I hope they find some way for Mikey to at least stay around for a limited schedule. though, if he does retire.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:02 am

ya I really expect Mikey to retire Sad well I guess Truex wouldn't be bad but in a way I was sorta half hoping for him and BPS to come talk to SHR
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:53 am

I have a feeling Mikey is on his way out .....

Quote :
Carpentier in the #55 for road course? hearing that Patrick Carpentier will drive the #55 NAPA Toyota for Michael Waltrip Racing at the two road courses: Infineon Raceway and Watkins Glen.(6-7-2009)
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Mikey has replaced himself in at least a couple of races every year. He sat out the Brickyard 400 last year (or the year before) and put Terry Labonte in the car.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Guess I hadn't paid much attention to that.

Quote :
UPDATE: Michael Waltrip Racing (MWR) announced that Patrick Carpentier will drive the #55 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota Camry in the upcoming Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Infineon Raceway. “There are so many great road course racers competing in Sonoma this year, and as the owner and driver of the #55 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota, I am in a unique position,” said Waltrip who has two top-five and 11 top-10 finishes in his NASCAR Sprint Cup road racing career. “If I see where I can improve my car’s performance then that’s exactly what I am going to do. I am a good road racer, but Patrick is a great road racer. I love being an owner and I want to get another win for NAPA. It will feel just as good if I get the victory for NAPA or watching from the pit box with Patrick driving the car. I appreciate NAPA allowing me to make these kind of personnel moves when I feel it is best for the team.”
Carpentier, who has 27 Sprint Cup Series and 12 Nationwide Series starts to his credit is also driving for MWR and sponsor NAPA in the upcoming NASCAR Nationwide Series event, the NAPA Auto Parts 200, at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal on Aug. 30. He’ll be behind the wheel of the #99 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota with veteran crew chief Jerry Baxter calling the shots.
“I couldn’t believe it when I was approached with this opportunity. I am honored,” said Carpentier. “For me to work with a guy like Michael Waltrip, who is a legend in NASCAR, is an amazing opportunity. I really like driving these cars on the road courses. We will work hard and get some good things going at Infineon Raceway. It’s my goal to get a good finish and plenty of points for the NAPA Auto Parts team.”(MWR)(6-9-2009)
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 2:53 am

I really think Mikey may retire after this season, because NAPA is a big-money sponsor and I'm sure with them wanting to run better that Mikey would like to keep them on his team.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:22 am

Quote :
Waltrip closer to hiring Truex? Michael Waltrip hinted Friday that he's closer to a decision on his future - and that future may involve Martin Truex Jr. Waltrip reiterated his stance that he needed to run better in order to remain the driver of the NAPA-sponsored #55 car at Michael Waltrip Racing, the race team he owns. Truex, whose contract at Earnhardt Ganassi Racing expires after this season, has been frequently tied to the possible opening in the #55. "You just have to figure that he's one of the ones that no one knows where he's going," Waltrip said. "He's been a Chase guy. He stumbled in and has run up front from the beginning, so I don't know what the future holds. But he might be one of those on that list that would be better than me." Asked if he was any closer to a decision on his future on Friday, Truex smiled. "I'd love to share it with you, but I can't," he said.(Scene Daily), for earlier information on Truex to MWR, see the #1 team page,(6-13-2009)
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:56 am

With MWR's nice improvement in performance this year, and with Truex's younger brother already driving for MWR, I definitely can see this happening. Sounds like Michael is making a smart business move to pull himself out to get someone good like Truex.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 11:23 pm

Quote :
MWR to make announcement on July 7th? UPDATE 2: On Friday Rowdy.com visited Michael Waltrip Racing [Cornelius, NC] which offers an amazing tour of the facility, including the fabricating shop. Even more interesting than the tour itself was this tidbit...someone in our group was asking how Ryan and Martin Truex Jr. (brothers) were related. Somehow this led to our tour guide telling us that Michael Waltrip Racing would be making a MAJOR announcement on July 7th.(Rowdy.com)(6-27-2009)
UPDATE: Earnhardt Ganassi Racing President Steve Lauletta said no matter what happens with Martin Truex Jr., he expects Bass Pro Shops will remain with the organization for 2010. Truex, who drives for EGR, is expected to be announced as the 2010 full-time replacement for Michael Waltrip at Michael Waltrip Racing on July 7.(SceneDaily)(6-28-2009)
UPDATE 2: Martin Truex Jr. will be named on Tuesday the newest addition to Michael Waltrip Racing, multiple sources confirmed on Saturday at Daytona. A press conference including sponsor NAPA is scheduled for noon at the team's Cornelius, N.C., shop. Truex is in the final year of his contract with Earnhardt Ganassi Racing. NAPA, the long-time sponsor of team owner Michael Waltrip, will be become his primary sponsor. Waltrip will move from a full-time to part-time schedule that will include the Daytona 500 in February. He could remain in his familiar #55 with Truex taking another number, possibly the #56.(ESPN.com)(7-5-2009)
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 6:14 pm

Although I think we all agree that NAPA is probably pushing Mikey out of the seat, this is a good way for him to finish his career.

Keep sponsor NAPA happy and still get to run a few races as a "retirement tour."

I think it's a good move by MWR.
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 8:58 pm

boooo not 56

well I guess it's not like it was three with double # but they should keep it that way

get the #22! Very Happy or 66
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:57 pm

All the official info...

Quote :
UPDATE 3: A driving career that has spanned a quarter of a century, defined by two emotional winning performances on NASCAR's biggest stage, will be celebrated during the 2010 Daytona 500. Michael Waltrip, a two-time Daytona 500 champion, announced that he will drive a limited schedule beginning next season as he begins to focus on being one of the youngest multi-team owners in the history of NASCAR.(MWR PR)(7-7-2009)
AND: Michael Waltrip Racing (MWR) announced that NAPA Auto Parts has signed a multi-year contract to continue its primary sponsorship with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series organization, and has named two-time Nationwide Series champion and 2007 Chase participant Martin Truex, Jr. as its driver. Starting in 2010, the car number on the NAPA Auto Parts Toyota will be the #56, a number that has been in the Truex racing family for three generations. MWR co-owner Michael Waltrip, the only full-time driver NAPA has had since joining the Sprint Cup division in 2001, will drive a limited schedule, to include the 2010 Daytona 500 driving the #55 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota - an event in which Waltrip and NAPA have shared two memorable victories. Waltrip will retain the number 55. The owner points earned during the 2009 Sprint Cup campaign will be transferred to Truex's full-time effort.(MWR PR)(7-7-2009)
AND: Some notes from the press conference: Truex says he is committed to Earnhart Ganassi for the rest of the 2009 season; NAPA's contract extension is only described as "multi-year"; Waltrip will run a minimum of 4-5 races and as many as 10-12; Waltrip could run some races in the #66 PRISM Motorsports car, owned by Phil Parsons (who gets some assistance this year from Michael Waltrip Racing); no decisons have been made on crew swaps or crew chiefs.(7-7-2009)
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 8:38 pm

plllt the 66? yuck I didn't mean the team- I meant the #
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 10:02 pm

Great move by Michael and team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. to Waltrip?   Truex Jr. to Waltrip? Empty

Back to top Go down

Truex Jr. to Waltrip?
Page 1 of 1