Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Waltrip could retire after 2009?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Waltrip could retire after 2009? Empty
PostSubject: Waltrip could retire after 2009?   Waltrip could retire after 2009? EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 2:40 am

Quote :
Waltrip could retire arter 2009? from the 2009 NASCAR Preseason Thunder Daytona Fan Fest: Saturday news conference transcripts:
Q. Do you get the same sense of excitement or anticipation when you get ready to race as you do when you go on camera to do the funny NAPA commercials with Ron Capps?
MICHAEL WALTRIP: I'm just real lucky, and I think the question earlier about would I have started my team, I'm all in. Me and Capps just finished our commercials for this year yesterday and the day before, and they're awesome. I can't wait for everyone to see them. That's fun. When I get to go on TV and talk about truck racing, the last season of that truck racing were as fun as anything I've done hanging out with Phil and Rick and Al and all the folks on Speed. I love that. But I'm a race car driver, and when I came through that tunnel a minute ago here at Daytona, it almost brought tears to my eyes. It's almost like coming home when you've had success here and you know the people that have won and the people that have lost their battles here. Just I love it. It'll be interesting.
My goal is to go win some races this year, run up front so that I don't have to say this is my last year. But if I don't do those things, if I can't compete at the level that Ruderman does or NAPA expects, then I probably won't get to do this again in 2010. This is a real important year for me because I still love it. I'm still emotional about it. That's a great feeling. I'm glad I have that. I'm glad I feel the way I do, and I'm also glad that I own my car, because if this is my last year then I'm fine, because that means I got somebody faster or better than me to drive my car in 2010, and that's how it was supposed to be. I'm not going to be standing around thinking, "well, what am I going to do now?" I know exactly what I'm going to do now, I'm going to continue to be to try to influence my drivers and my team and my sponsors to be the best team that we can ever be."(NASCAR PR)(1-18-2009)
Sorry, but I don't see him winning races, and I surely doubt that he'll retire. <I could be wrong> Razz
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Waltrip could retire after 2009?   Waltrip could retire after 2009? EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 9:43 am

It sounds like NAPA has told him: "Run better or we want a new driver."
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Waltrip could retire after 2009?   Waltrip could retire after 2009? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:52 am

If Mikey wants to keep them, he better quit wrecking and start running well!
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Waltrip could retire after 2009?   Waltrip could retire after 2009? EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 10:30 pm

Sad well hopefully he can get up to the top 20 or 25 (if that's enought) if not I suppose it's been a good ride.... sure hope they get a good driver to replace him then Napa can stay maybe anyways
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waltrip could retire after 2009?   Waltrip could retire after 2009? Empty

Back to top Go down

Waltrip could retire after 2009?
Page 1 of 1